• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Rare Creationist

ecco

Veteran Member
That evolution kept improving until it produced man that has dominion over the earth.
I was referring to you phrasing: " purposive potential within the forward march "

Evolution has no purposive anything.
Man, at this moment, may have more impact on the natural world than other species. However, roaches have existed for 280,000,000 million years. Man? 100,000, maybe.

It looks like your god favors roaches over humans.

Colt

I was referring to you phrasing: " purposive potential within the forward march "

Evolution has no purposive anything.
Man, at this moment, may have more impact on the natural world than other species. However, roaches have existed for 280,000,000 million years. Man? 100,000, maybe.

It looks like your god favors roaches over humans.
The "purposive potential" can be seen in the innate instincts for survival, adaptation and perfection hunger.

Colt

I didn't say anything absolute about anything.

Perhaps you could answer the question I asked.
You are a finite being in time, but you demand proof of an infinite being that transcends time. I'm asking what would proof like like to you?

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
You are a finite being in time, but you demand proof of an infinite being that transcends time. I'm asking what would proof like like to you?
I haven't asked for proof.

"Then it's super weird that nobody has ever been able to demonstrate it's existence."

Making the claims that there is an infinite being that transcends time requires demonstration, rather than just assertion.

tas8831

It is probably good to remind our creationist friends that not all of their hero 'creation scientists' deny reality...

Interesting series of events - apparently, someone reported this thread for bullying or something. I received a warning, yet no changes were made and the thread remains. Not only is it still here, but it became a featured thread.
So report away, thin-skinned folk!

Wandering Monk

{quote]cOLTER said:
God is so obvious its blinding!

How so? Seriously -- what makes this obvious?
If it's obvious, why is is controversial? Why can the believers proffer no evidence for this obvious phenomenon?[/QUOTE]

The answer to this question is always an argument from incredulity. The question that seems to elude these people is 'How do you know YOUR god created it and not some other god?'