• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The rapture...didn't it already happen?

The last days.
If we didn't have that inference, //the context of the 'last days', signs, we still could infer it meant that, actually,; although, it would not be as clear

We would read those verses in context to other Scripture. In the context of what we know from Tanach /'OT', and other NT Scripture, we know that the end times are later than what those statements might infer,, if we interpreted them in the manner that you are inferring, here.
Can you show me the other scriptures that put it into a different context than what's actually written...

Where does the Bible teach an earthly rapture ?
1 Thessalonians 4:13-15; 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17 is about those sleeping in death. Those dead in Christ rise first. They have a first or earlier 'resurrection' - Revelation 20:6
Those called to heaven are those of Luke 22:28-30; Daniel 7:18; 1 Corinthians 15:52
Just as a cloud hid Jesus from view - Acts of the Apostles 1:9 - so, Jesus ' figurative bride ' will also be hid from view when they are resurrected to heaven.- 1 Corinthians 15:50
Revelation 1:1 says what's "shortly" to come to pass...that is consistent with the other 2 scriptures in stating, based on the text; he's already fulfilled the prophecies and the rapture has already happened.

The, so-to-speak ' return ' is in connection to the soon coming 'time of separation' on Earth - Matthew 25:31-33,37
Jesus wants us to focus our lives on his NEW commandment found at John 13:34-35 to have self-sacrificing love in our lives as Jesus did for others.
Where does it say that? I just finished reading the entire 25th chapter of Matthew and I didn't come across it. However I posted scripture from the 24th chapter that clearly states it will happen during the time period he was living in.

Uh....why? You brought up Rapture, /earthly, and there is no 'rule', that there couldn't be more than one. Your own argument is leaving more than one Rapture, on the table.
True, there's no rules I guess but it states in the text that Jesus would return to take his people with him to heaven and nowhere does it suggest that it was to take place multiple times.

Rapture is mentioned nowhere in the bible's narrative.
It does talk about Jesus returning and taking his people to heaven, so you're right technically but I think all in this conversation knows what my question is getting at so do you have anything to add now that the technical part has been resolved?

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
It does talk about Jesus returning and taking his people to heaven, so you're right technically but I think all in this conversation knows what my question is getting at so do you have anything to add now that the technical part has been resolved?

Actually, I think you sort of confused your argument with including a øøRaptureøø, context. I donøt have a problem with the idea, and in fact, if Rapture means what I ascribe it does, it is Scriptural. However, it seems that by making that aspect part of your argument, you therefore limited yourself to that context.

Anyways, from verse context, the idea that the end times does not infer an expanse of time, makes no sense, as various thing have to happen, like kings, kingdoms, so forth. This is all in same narrative as the generational statement. that must mean that the fulfillment of the cause, of such, is going to happen, within the generation. In other words, the crucifixion, , so forth.

Last edited:

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Can you show me the other scriptures that put it into a different context than what's actually written...

Take Matthew 24:4-21 /,,that's a few verses, but it's all relevant to the argument/.
how can many people come , claiming to be Jesus, how can many prophets arise, and deceive, and various other things occur, 'in that generation'? They can't. It's clearly referring to the followers of Esha, not that specific generation of people who He is talking to. That literally would make no sense. I think that it is apparent that what is being inferred by 'this generation', or an approximation to that affect, is, again, the fulfillment of the cause, or the justification of the rulership of Jesus.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Where does the Bible teach an earthly rapture ?
1 Thessalonians 4:13-15; 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17 is about those sleeping in death. Those dead in Christ rise first. They have a first or earlier 'resurrection' - Revelation 20:6
Those called to heaven are those of Luke 22:28-30; Daniel 7:18; 1 Corinthians 15:52
Just as a cloud hid Jesus from view - Acts of the Apostles 1:9 - so, Jesus ' figurative bride ' will also be hid from view when they are resurrected to heaven.- 1 Corinthians 15:50

Matthew 24:40-41

moorea944

Based on multiple scriptures in the bible, hasn't Jesus already returned...and if so, what now?

Jesus has not returned yet. I dont know why you would say that. What verses are you looking at? Scripture tells us that the first thing that he will do with his angels is raise the dead and judge. That hasnt happened yet.

rusra02

Premium Member
So you believe the rapture is yet to happen?
I don't believe that all the righteous will be removed from earth in a "rapture". Rather, the Bible says God will cut short the days to save some, not remove them from earth. (Matthew 24:22) I do believe the Bible says the remaining ones of those chosen to rule with Christ in heaven will be taken from earth. (Matthew 24:31) That event takes place during the great tribulation Jesus spoke about, IMO.

moorea944

I don't believe that all the righteous will be removed from earth in a "rapture". Rather, the Bible says God will cut short the days to save some, not remove them from earth. (Matthew 24:22) I do believe the Bible says the remaining ones of those chosen to rule with Christ in heaven will be taken from earth. (Matthew 24:31) That event takes place during the great tribulation Jesus spoke about, IMO.

I don't believe that all the righteous will be removed from earth in a "rapture". Rather, the Bible says God will cut short the days to save some, not remove them from earth.

Your right, scripture knows nothing about a "rapture". There is no chapter or verse that tells us that we go "up" anywhere.

I do believe the Bible says the remaining ones of those chosen to rule with Christ in heaven will be taken from earth. (Matthew 24:31) That event takes place during the great tribulation Jesus spoke about, IMO.

Your right again about ruling with Christ, the only thing is that when Christ returns to earth, he stays here and sets up the kingdom with us. We, as immortal saints after judgement, will rule with him on earth. Jerusalem will be the focal point or capital of his kingdom.

Zech 14 "And the LORD shall be king over all the earth: in that day shall there be one LORD, and his name one.

A world wide kingdom will be "set up" on earth that will destroy the kingdoms of man.

There are so many things that has to happen when Christ returns. Christ raises the dead and judges the world, Israel will be restored. Christ rules on the restored throne of David. nations will come up to worship the Lord in Jerusalem, world peace and safety, etc, etc,
It's going to be joyous time the world has ever seen.

Last edited:

Muffled

Jesus in me
Based on multiple scriptures in the bible, hasn't Jesus already returned...and if so, what now?

I believe it has not and no-one would know better than me. However it would not surprise me if those who die in Christ now go to the New Jerusalem instead of Heaven.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Edit that last post, and make the scriptures link to the Bible, please...You just need to write them without the space. ;)

So in both of those all things are not fulfilled yet....
  • The 2nd temple was destroyed,
  • the people expelled,
  • the time of the gentiles has almost been fulfilled,
  • the great deception has happened,
  • next are earth quakes,
  • the tribulation,
  • wars,
  • and then when the sun and moon are darkened,
  • his return.
Plus you do realize that the idea of the rapture is made up by Paul, and most Christians I've spoken to don't accept it as being scriptural. :innocent:

This happens regularly. It is called the eclipse of the sun. I believe the moon also has to be red which happens also and probably more often than a blue moon. Whether the tow occur simultaneously I couldn't say. Add to that the stars falling from Heaven and you have a unique event. I would suppose that would mean a meteor shower and those occur at regular intervals also.

Joe 2:31 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and terrible day of Jehovah comes.

Muffled

Jesus in me
So when he says "this generation won't pass before all these things take place", he wasn't speaking to those people there with him?

In response to the Paul statement, if that concept isn't accepted than why the rest of his teachings...and from my understanding, Paul is responsible for majority of the new testament.

I believe He means the generation of the people who see the sign.

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
I believe
Your posts always have so much speculation, with out backing of scriptural evidence; just lots of your own beliefs....

Personally would just stick with what the text says, and not make sweeping claims, that might not fit. :innocent:

Ouroboros

Coincidentia oppositorum
"The rapture...didn't it already happen?"

Sure. I'm posting from up there... you didn't know? :)