• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The rapture...didn't it already happen?

rusra02

Premium Member
Based on multiple scriptures in the bible, hasn't Jesus already returned...and if so, what now?
I believe God's Kingfom has been in place in the heavens for many decades. Revelation 12:9-12 reports; "Now have come to pass the salvation and the power and the Kingdom of our God and the authority of his Christ, because the accuser of our brothers has been hurled down, who accuses them day and night before our God! And they conquered him because of the blood of the Lamb and because of the word of their witnessing, and they did not love their souls even in the face of death. On this account be glad, you heavens and you who reside in them! Woe for the earth and for the sea, because the Devil has come down to you, having great anger, knowing that he has a short period of time."
I believe we are near the end of that short period called the last days, and soon Christ will fulfill what is prophesied at Daniel 2:44.

Jesus returned after the ascension. One must accept Him,, aside from that, not sure what your question is.
Not the ascension after he rose from the dead...I'm talking about when Jesus tells his disciples about the trials and tribulations that will proceed hood return to take his people in a rapture into heaven...based on bible scripture, hasn't it already taken place?

I believe God's Kingfom has been in place in the heavens for many decades. Revelation 12:9-12 reports; "Now have come to pass the salvation and the power and the Kingdom of our God and the authority of his Christ, because the accuser of our brothers has been hurled down, who accuses them day and night before our God! And they conquered him because of the blood of the Lamb and because of the word of their witnessing, and they did not love their souls even in the face of death. On this account be glad, you heavens and you who reside in them! Woe for the earth and for the sea, because the Devil has come down to you, having great anger, knowing that he has a short period of time."
I believe we are near the end of that short period called the last days, and soon Christ will fulfill what is prophesied at Daniel 2:44.
So you believe the rapture is yet to happen?

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Should say, rather, since the Judgement occurs 'in Heaven', an earthly Rapture is merely a side affect of adhering to Jesus. It really wouldn't affect Judgment either way, technically. /my belief.

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
Luke 21:31-33
Matthew 24:34-35
Edit that last post, and make the scriptures link to the Bible, please...You just need to write them without the space. ;)

So in both of those all things are not fulfilled yet....
  • The 2nd temple was destroyed,
  • the people expelled,
  • the time of the gentiles has almost been fulfilled,
  • the great deception has happened,
  • next are earth quakes,
  • the tribulation,
  • wars,
  • and then when the sun and moon are darkened,
  • his return.
Plus you do realize that the idea of the rapture is made up by Paul, and most Christians I've spoken to don't accept it as being scriptural. :innocent:

Edit that last post, and make the scriptures link to the Bible, please...You just need to write them without the space. ;)

So in both of those all things are not fulfilled yet....
  • The 2nd temple was destroyed,
  • the people expelled,
  • the time of the gentiles has almost been fulfilled,
  • the great deception has happened,
  • next are earth quakes,
  • the tribulation,
  • wars,
  • and then when the sun and moon are darkened,
  • his return.
Plus you do realize that the idea of the rapture is made up by Paul, and most Christians I've spoken to don't accept it as being scriptural. :innocent:
So when he says "this generation won't pass before all these things take place", he wasn't speaking to those people there with him?

In response to the Paul statement, if that concept isn't accepted than why the rest of his teachings...and from my understanding, Paul is responsible for majority of the new testament.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
So those 2 scriptures I posted...what are they speaking of?
The last days.
If we didn't have that inference, //the context of the 'last days', signs, we still could infer it meant that, actually,; although, it would not be as clear

We would read those verses in context to other Scripture. In the context of what we know from Tanach /'OT', and other NT Scripture, we know that the end times are later than what those statements might infer,, if we interpreted them in the manner that you are inferring, here.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Based on multiple scriptures in the bible, hasn't Jesus already returned...and if so, what now?
I'm not a Christian, but from the Bible the Day of the Lord comes "as a thief in the night" which is the opposite of the Hollywood spectacular many assume marks the return. If this is so, then I assume those who believe the return is here will try to focus their lives on living the two "greatest commandments".

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Ah, yes. From those verses we could infer more than one Rapture, Personally, I think there was actual /probably Rapture,, acts, in that earlier timeline. However, for the later Rapture, we know the context, and timeline, because it is specified later in Scripture, what the end times infers.

Last edited:

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
So when he says "this generation won't pass before all these things take place", he wasn't speaking to those people there with him?
The disciples, Yeshua and the Jews believe in reincarnation (Gilgul).... Therefore it still applies.
In response to the Paul statement, if that concept isn't accepted than why the rest of his teachings
Because even in what Paul put, most people I've spoke to don't think it means the rapture. :innocent:

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
I'm not a Christian, but from the Bible the Day of the Lord comes "as a thief in the night" which is the opposite of the Hollywood spectacular many assume marks the return. If this is so, then I assume those who believe the return is here will try to focus their lives on living the two "greatest commandments".

The, so-to-speak ' return ' is in connection to the soon coming 'time of separation' on Earth - Matthew 25:31-33,37
Jesus wants us to focus our lives on his NEW commandment found at John 13:34-35 to have self-sacrificing love in our lives as Jesus did for others.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Should say, rather, since the Judgement occurs 'in Heaven', an earthly Rapture is merely a side affect of adhering to Jesus. It really wouldn't affect Judgment either way, technically. /my belief.

Where does the Bible teach an earthly rapture ?
1 Thessalonians 4:13-15; 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17 is about those sleeping in death. Those dead in Christ rise first. They have a first or earlier 'resurrection' - Revelation 20:6
Those called to heaven are those of Luke 22:28-30; Daniel 7:18; 1 Corinthians 15:52
Just as a cloud hid Jesus from view - Acts of the Apostles 1:9 - so, Jesus ' figurative bride ' will also be hid from view when they are resurrected to heaven.- 1 Corinthians 15:50

Ah, yes. From those verses we could infer more than one Rapture, Personally, I think there was actual /probably Rapture,, acts, in that earlier timeline. However, for the later Rapture, we know the context, and timeline, because it is specified later in Scripture, what the end times infers.
Can you please point out the part/s that speak of there being multiple raptures.......