• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Rapid Decline of Christianity in the USA

Muffled

Jesus in me
Does fidelity in marriage strengthen marriages or not?

Does fidelity in marriage reduce STDs or not?

I believe fidelity is not necessary for a marriage to continue the book of Hosea proves that. However the person who sins by committing adultery is dying and that is a hard thing to bear when you love the person.

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
I think you're looking at things in the wrong direction: infidelity is often a symptom of marital problems, not a cause in and of itself.

Not as well as condoms.

Yes, infidelity is a symptom of marriage problems. It is triggered by past stressors and current lack of character.

It is absolutely untrue, however, that condoms can protect absolutely, whereas chaste people who marry and remain monogamous reduce to zero percent.

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
I believe fidelity is not necessary for a marriage to continue the book of Hosea proves that. However the person who sins by committing adultery is dying and that is a hard thing to bear when you love the person.

Yes, biblically speaking, even adultery may be forgiven. And yes, it is hard to see forum friends persist in sin that leads to death.

Karen adkins

I think that even tho there is a decline, that in a longer amount time (years) the percentage of people who are Christians in America will be the same because of the growth of the population.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I think that even tho there is a decline, that in a longer amount time (years) the percentage of people who are Christians in America will be the same because of the growth of the population.
Welcome here to RF, Karen!

12jtartar

Premium Member

Karen Adkins,
I tend to believe that the number that call themselves will decline!
I believe this, because it has to do with the teaching of their parents. Since there are fewer trying to teach True Christianity and not Nominal Christianity, there will be fewer Christians each year. Social studies seem to prove that a child must be taught the right path before he is 5years Old, for past then, the chances to train a child the right way becomes slim. Children are born with only a rudimentary conscious, a Super Ego, and must be taught by their parents, because the natural tendency of a child is to do wrong, just like it was many years ago, Genesis 8:2, but if a child is taught from infantry, the right way, he has a much better chance to turn out good, Proverbs 22:6. Agape!!!