• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Tumah

Veteran Member
Sometimes I feel like I spend all day walking through my apartment turning lights off after people who will continue to remain anonymous to this forum.
I don't understand. Does have a uterus make you forget where the light switch is? Is that it?
I live in a female dominated household. Even my six year old complains when I leave the toilet seat up.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
Did you ever think that someone is spending there day walking around your apartment turning lights on after people who continue to turn them off :D

I once had a job where I had to go around a building turing lights off and I came to a conclusion that when one gets a PhD they get completely baffled by the intricasies of a light switch

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Sometimes I feel like I spend all day walking through my apartment turning lights off after people who will continue to remain anonymous to this forum.
I don't understand. Does have a uterus make you forget where the light switch is? Is that it?
I live in a female dominated household. Even my six year old complains when I leave the toilet seat up.
With true gender equality, the toilet seat should be left up as often as it's down or at least in proportion to the number of males and females in the household. Otherwise someone is being sexist.

Note of personal disclosure: my wife and I used to have hair-splitting discussions about male versus female roles and responsibilities in a modern household. Now we're just resigned to the other one being too pushy and not being willing to handle a fair share of various activities.

Just one example: we used to debate how to split up housework. Should it be by time? By the grunginess of the job? By how much we disliked a job? Should we make a list of jobs and take turns taking one ourselves or assigning the other person? Is it an objective or subjective equality?

Wu Wei

My wife and I split up the jobs like this....she tells me what to do and I do it :D

Tumah

Veteran Member
With true gender equality, the toilet seat should be left up as often as it's down or at least in proportion to the number of males and females in the household. Otherwise someone is being sexist.

Note of personal disclosure: my wife and I used to have hair-splitting discussions about male versus female roles and responsibilities in a modern household. Now we're just resigned to the other one being too pushy and not being willing to handle a fair share of various activities.

Just one example: we used to debate how to split up housework. Should it be by time? By the grunginess of the job? By how much we disliked a job? Should we make a list of jobs and take turns taking one ourselves or assigning the other person? Is it an objective or subjective equality?
Well, egalitarianism hasn't made such deep inroads into ultra-Orthodox Judaism. We're resistant to change and modernization.

So I still need to do everything she tells me.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Well, egalitarianism hasn't made such deep inroads into ultra-Orthodox Judaism. We're resistant to change and modernization.

So I still need to do everything she tells me.
I see no woman has mentioned to you that you have it wrong.

Wu Wei

Sick again today..... thought I was fine...but then I ate breakfast..... that was a mistake

bear1.jpg

Wu Wei

So you take your arm out of the toilet and eat.... washed your food...but not your hands....

Wu Wei

well I can't argue with you description ...... but you do put your filthy disgusting hands on your food before you eat it don't you.

and now for something completely different... I just love it when people get all sorts of indignant about things they claim you said.... when in fact you never said any of what they are indignant about.....

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
well I can't argue with you description ...... but you do put your filthy disgusting hands on your food before you eat it don't you.

and now for something completely different... I just love it when people get all sorts of indignant about things they claim you said.... when in fact you never said any of what they are indignant about.....
Aye, I'm amazed at how people will infer the most outlandish things.
It seems they just tag me with some stereotype, & then attribute to me the worst of what they've heard elsewhere.
I endure this particularly from RF's feminist & leftish types, who oftimes don't even read my posts, & will criticize based upon their own expectations. One fellow admitted not reading my posts for a year, after I challenged a scathing critique. Another gal was convinced that I was trying to drive her insane with mental abuse. Closed minds, hyper-partisanship & paranoia abound, eh?

Wu Wei

It was interesting, and it was trying to paint a picture of me that was just wrong since it was based on things I never said or for that matter I never even inferred.

Wu Wei

Do you mean "implied" instead of "inferred"?

I never implied and I don't see how it could be inferred either. Basically I never said it or even hinted at it and even based on the evidence presented you cannot come to that conclusion.