• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I had a nice trip today.
I came to a few realizations about myself. I also met myself, which was interesting.
I still want to slap our ancestors who thought such a dull, boring, and bland existence living inside would be preferable to living outdoors. Seriously. Our bodies aren't even designed for it.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
And when I decide to come in, and watch Star Trek, Netflix gives me grief, as pretty much all technology has today.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I had a nice trip today.
I came to a few realizations about myself. I also met myself, which was interesting.
I still want to slap our ancestors who thought such a dull, boring, and bland existence living inside would be preferable to living outdoors. Seriously. Our bodies aren't even designed for it.
You know, I don't think I've heard someone say that meeting him- or her- self was "interesting" before.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
A draft inducer is a nice thing to have when starting up a cold wood stove.
Perhaps that's too meaningful, but at least it's a non sequitur.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
You know, I don't think I've heard someone say that meeting him- or her- self was "interesting" before.
She asked me a few hard questions, and forced me to see things in a different perspective. Not radically different, but I somehow managed to become even more deeply set in my Agnostic views, as well as deciding the Buddha was wrong in there only being 14 unanswerable questions, but rather there are an infinite amount of them.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I thought about not going to grad school, and looking for a job, somewhere away from here, but then I realized something.
I'm running into the same problem I had before that was keeping me from getting any decent employment. It's that little line that is the bane of many, I suspect; That little line that reads "x years experience required."

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
She asked me a few hard questions, and forced me to see things in a different perspective. Not radically different, but I somehow managed to become even more deeply set in my Agnostic views, as well as deciding the Buddha was wrong in there only being 14 unanswerable questions, but rather there are an infinite amount of them.
According to Wikipedia, the font of all knowledge, the number might be more or less than 14.

Out of not quite random curiosity, what would you add that are meaningful beyond the "have you stopped beating your dog yet" and "Why is a mouse when it spins" class of "questions".

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I thought about not going to grad school, and looking for a job, somewhere away from here, but then I realized something.
I'm running into the same problem I had before that was keeping me from getting any decent employment. It's that little line that is the bane of many, I suspect; That little line that reads "x years experience required."
Leaping over that barrier can be hard.

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
I am having the hardest time today with posts. I don't know who's serious and who's telling an April Fool joke. I am afraid of responding to a lot of posts just because of it.
:p :) :D

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
I just realized that there was no rule against the kids dumping gasoline down the toilet and dropping a a match in it at my high school back in the early 80s. That must mean it would have been OK to do that. ;) ;) (Please don't take me seriously today, it IS April Fools Day).

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I just realized that there was no rule against the kids dumping gasoline down the toilet and dropping a a match in it at my high school back in the early 80s. That must mean it would have been OK to do that. ;) ;) (Please don't take me seriously today, it IS April Fools Day).
True story - I made nitrogen tri-iodide, a contact explosive, when I was young and stupid.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
True story..... I made a 747 from spare parts I found laying around a junkyard when I was young... and then I flew it to Chicago....but I lost it after I landed.... I forgot where I left it