• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Pitifully Flawed, Unreliable Judgment Behind Voting for Trump for "No War"

Audie

Veteran Member
What makes you think that I did not do due diligence? You are being rather silly at best here. I openly stated that I have not found any evidence. I then did the next reasonable thing which is to ask evidence from others. Unlike a creo I never stated that the evidence does not exist.

i never blamed others. I did not make excuses. Why the false claims?

Haha,
Didnot blame others? :D
You really should go over to the dark side.

To date no one has posted any. How is that like a creo? Granted, the interwebs are flooded with stories of his assassination and the consequences of that riight now. That makes it a bit difficult to

Excuses and blame.

How indeed is that creolike. :D

IF you'd done due diligence THEN you'd have found something.
What do you think the term means? Give up if was not spoon
fed or it was hard?

And you say I am being silly. Honestly, people in America!

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Haha,
Didnot blame others? :D
You really should go over to the dark side.

To date no one has posted any. How is that like a creo? Granted, the interwebs are flooded with stories of his assassination and the consequences of that riight now. That makes it a bit difficult to

How indeed is that creolike. :D

IF you'd done due diligence THEN you'd have found something.
What do you think the term means? Give up if was not spoon
fed or it was hard?

And you say I am being silly. Honestly, people in America!
Those are observations in response to your false claims. Try again.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
You know what they say, "fool me once, shame on you, fool me... um... let's see... Korea, Vietnam, Cold War, Gulf War 1, Somalia, Iraq (Gulf War 2, Haji Boogaloo), Afghanistan, ISIS-Counter Operations... so yeah, fool me 9 times, shame on me!
Huh! I guess we will have to find some new best buds. Hmm, where did North Korea wander off too? They are always spoiling for a fight.

Cooky

Veteran Member
Perhaps. Maybe she could post some evidence that the general was a terrorist.

Why is not taking the unsupported word of Trump's government acting like creo?

I just don't get why attacking the embassy isn't enough "supported word". Shouldn't it be?

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
For me terrorism implies attacking civilians.

Yes, I think that would fit, although it may not be specific enough. However, I think that whatever evidence that can be applied to the regime itself could conceivably be linked to the general, since he was a major figure in that regime.

Our government and politicians from both parties have consistently referred to the Iranian government as a state sponsor of terrorism. I don't have any personal knowledge or direct evidence that this is true, but this is what they've said constantly about Iran. Bush called them part of the Axis of Evil.

If they really were that bad, then a top-ranking general within the regime would be just as bad - if they really were that bad.

As for Trump, he just took this same idea (that the Iranian government is evil) and ran with it.

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
Huh! I guess we will have to find some new best buds. Hmm, where did North Korea wander off too? They are always spoiling for a fight.
You can probably still sucker New Zealand. They're so desperate for anyone to acknowledge them as a real country they'll be thrilled just to be invited... of course, the most offensively capable element of their military is CGI orcs, so good luck with that.

Cooky

Veteran Member
That was your claim. No evidence was presented by you that supports it. Please note that I replied that he may have done so.

Please read:

Opinion | Trump was right to kill Iranian general Qassem Soleimani

"Soleimani intervened to salvage the Syrian civil war for President Bashar al-Assad, organizing more than 100,000 fighters to prop up the crumbling, corrupt regime and planning the infamous campaign to retake the city of Aleppo from Syrian rebels in 2016. That seige redefined carnage in the modern era, while the civil war overall sent thousands of refugees fleeing to Europe.

Soleimani’s handiwork is also believed to include his decades-long arming of terrorist groups such as Lebanon’s Hezbollah, Yemen’s Houthis and militants in Gaza. His subordinates are believed to be behind an attempt to kill a Saudi diplomat in Washington in 2011. The 2019 attacks on Saudi oil refineries are widely believed to be the work of Iran; as was the New Year’s Eve attack on America’s embassy in Iraq last week."

<DON'T FORGET TO CLICK ON ALL THE BLUE LINKS, FOR MORE EXPLANATION>

Last edited by a moderator:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Yes, I think that would fit, although it may not be specific enough. However, I think that whatever evidence that can be applied to the regime itself could conceivably be linked to the general, since he was a major figure in that regime.

Our government and politicians from both parties have consistently referred to the Iranian government as a state sponsor of terrorism. I don't have any personal knowledge or direct evidence that this is true, but this is what they've said constantly about Iran. Bush called them part of the Axis of Evil.

If they really were that bad, then a top-ranking general within the regime would be just as bad - if they really were that bad.

As for Trump, he just took this same idea (that the Iranian government is evil) and ran with it.
It would be nice to have some confirmation now and then.

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
For me terrorism implies attacking civilians.
There's been a lot of drift and misuse of the term "terrorism" since 2001. Terror attacks CAN target military elements, although civilians are more usual. It's popularly almost a meaningless term these days, much like "communism" used to be. It's used more as a generic pejorative that dehumanises the specified group, far more than it accurately describes anything. Not helped, of course, by the fact that there is no single, clearly agreed on definition for terrorism. There are a bunch of general principles that are largely agreed on, but there's still quite a bit of debate and disagreement among the people who actual study and discuss such technicalities.

One man’s terrorist is another man’s freedom fighter. A lot of what determines whether or not someone is a terrorist is whether or not they're on your side.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Please read:

"Soleimani intervened to salvage the Syrian civil war for President Bashar al-Assad, organizing more than 100,000 fighters to prop up the crumbling, corrupt regime and planning the infamous campaign to retake the city of Aleppo from Syrian rebels in 2016. That seige redefined carnage in the modern era, while the civil war overall sent thousands of refugees fleeing to Europe.

Soleimani’s handiwork is also believed to include his decades-long arming of terrorist groups such as Lebanon’s Hezbollah, Yemen’s Houthis and militants in Gaza. His subordinates are believed to be behind an attempt to kill a Saudi diplomat in Washington in 2011. The 2019 attacks on Saudi oil refineries are widely believed to be the work of Iran; as was the New Year’s Eve attack on America’s embassy in Iraq last week."
Now that is a bit better. It still seems that the major complaint they had against him would be on how he armed attacks on American soldiers,, that would not be terrorism. But if he was behind the attacks on embassies that would arguably be a terrorist attack.

esmith

Veteran Member
Granted, murderer is a bit strong. But he did order an assassination. Granted, the man is claimed to have be a terrorist, but I cannot find any evidence that supports that claim.

No one here has even posted any claimed evidence. He may be a terrorist. I seriously do not know. But I would like to see some evidence or his crimes.

You know it really doesn't take much smarts to a search engine of your choice and search for say "soleimani responsible for the death of civilians"
you might get the following:
Qassem Soleimani Haunted the Arab World

I think that would answer the question about his terrorist status. That is unless your definition of terrorist is different than many,

Cooky

Veteran Member
That was your claim. No evidence was presented by you that supports it. Please note that I replied that he may have done so.

Please read:

<DON'T FORGET TO CLICK ON ALL THE BLUE LINKS, FOR MORE EXPLANATION>