• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Pitifully Flawed, Unreliable Judgment Behind Voting for Trump for "No War"

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I'm referring to Hillary calling people "deplorable", as well as the media going haywire over every detail on Trump -from calling him a paedophile who lusts over his own daughter, to other ridiculous things that only served to make the media look obnoxious.

...And now obnoxious anti-Trumpettes are trashing Trump supporters over Iran, and it appears to be a big nothing... How embarrassing! :D

How about, calming down a bit, unless people actually want to appear like:
View attachment 36142
Oh I was not fond of Hillary at all for that statement. But seriously is that the best that you have? You do realize that Trump is twice as bad in that particular regard, don't you?

I don't think anyone on the media called Trump a pedophile. They only pointed out his rather incestuous remarks he made about his own daughter.

And no, this is not a "big nothing". Trump murdered a man. The claim is that he is a terrorist, but I cannot find very much support for that claim.

And seriously you are projecting when it comes to requests of calming down. All you need to do is to face that fact that supporting Trump was a big error. It does not necessarily make you a bad person, but it is pretty hard to say that about someone that continue to support Trump.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Trump murdered a man. The claim is that he is a terrorist, but I cannot find very much support for that claim.
I say that "murder" is the wrong word. "Assassinate" is better. Both have negative
connotations, but the former connotes illegality in all venues, whereas the latter is
debatable because it depends upon when & where. Morally.... murder is generally
wrong, but assassination could be argued either way. It's about perspective.

Regarding the Iranian general, I see the major issue as being a trigger for war.
Right or wrong in the small context...I don't know. But very very wrong in the larger.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I say that "murder" is the wrong word. "Assassinate" is better. Both have negative
connotations, but the former connotes illegality in all venues, whereas the latter is
debatable because it depends upon when & where. Morally.... murder is generally
wrong, but assassination could be argued either way. It's about perspective.

Regarding the Iranian general, I see the major issue as being a trigger for war.
Right or wrong in the small context...I don't know. But very very wrong in the larger.
Yes, you are correct. Murder is an excessively emotional term as well. I genuinely would like to see some evidence that the general is a terrorist as claimed.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Oh, I know you like Bernie, but let’s suppose his heart stops, or something else gets him out of the race. The others are easily better than Trump by most reasonable measures. Would you pick one of the three I listed over Trump? Why or why not?
The floor is yours.

Every election is making a judgment call between the lesser of two evils.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Yes, you are correct. Murder is an excessively emotional term as well. I genuinely would like to see some evidence that the general is a terrorist as claimed.

That would require government to be more transparent and forthcoming with information. Iran itself has often been accused of being the "biggest state sponsor of terrorism," although the term "terrorism" can also be used and misused in any number of ways.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
That would require government to be more transparent and forthcoming with information. Iran itself has often been accused of being the "biggest state sponsor of terrorism," although the term "terrorism" can also be used and misused in any number of ways.
For me terrorism implies attacking civilians.

Audie

Veteran Member
Oh I was not fond of Hillary at all for that statement. But seriously is that the best that you have? You do realize that Trump is twice as bad in that particular regard, don't you?

I don't think anyone on the media called Trump a pedophile. They only pointed out his rather incestuous remarks he made about his own daughter.

And no, this is not a "big nothing". Trump murdered a man. The claim is that he is a terrorist, but I cannot find very much support for that claim.

And seriously you are projecting when it comes to requests of calming down. All you need to do is to face that fact that supporting Trump was a big error. It does not necessarily make you a bad person, but it is pretty hard to say that about someone that continue to support Trump.

Not a pedophile but he is a murderer. Seriously?

As for what you can "find" we hear that same line
from the creos.

Audie

Veteran Member
For me terrorism implies attacking civilians.

Ah so desu ka! So ifn some islamic guy goes into
an army base in the US, and shoots up some soldiers,
that is not a terr attack.

In fact, if he singled out servicemen at restaurants etc,
that wont be either.

As you might put it, "seriously?"

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Not a pedophile but he is a murderer. Seriously?

As for what you can "find" we hear that same line
from the creos.
Granted, murderer is a bit strong. But he did order an assassination. Granted, the man is claimed to have be a terrorist, but I cannot find any evidence that supports that claim.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Ah so desu ka! So ifn some islamic guy goes into
an army base in the US, and shoots up some soldiers,
that is not a terr attack.

In fact, if he singled out servicemen at restaurants etc,
that wont be either.

As you might put it, "seriously?"
I would suggest you double check on your use of "seriously" . You did it wrong.