• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"The Person Above You" (getting to know you) thread...

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
Here's another one for coinage! A person writes something about the person that posted before them. For instance, if I'm thinking of posting, I would see who had posted last, and then make some sort of comment about them, like "I like so-and-so's signature", or "I think their avatar is cu-ute!"

But, to make things a little more complicated, let's try to comment on something we like, personally, about the other poster. This naturally means that it's easier with people who post often, as you get a better idea of what their personality is. You could say, for instance "I applaud how so-and-so always stands up for what they believe in!" or "This person is normally easy going!" (Hopefully, you wouldn't add as many of these cursed exclamation marks that seem to be my downfall.) Even if you don't normally agree with the person, you could still comment on something you admire about them. And, if you don't know the person, then the standard 'their name is interesting' or 'they currently have so-many coins' would always do in a fix.

I'll start.... though I've no one above me, currently. (Eeep!) Okay, umm... the fictional person above me is a great person, with many redeeming qualities.

I remember seeing Lightkeeper's posts and thinking that they are very intelligent, yet I can never quite remember what religion he is.

What a great idea for a thread, FeathersInHair! :)

YawgmothsAvatar is a good guy. He has a good sense of humor and his views are clear and well thought out. The Buddy Jesus avatar is hilarious, makes me grin every time I see it. I don't understand the signature though, or what the name "YawgmothsAvatar" means...

Hope

Princesinha
Mr. Spinkles is a very intelligent and open-minded individual. He also has a great sense of humor, as is evidenced by his appreciation of the Simpsons. :)

standing_on_one_foot

Lightkeeper is always thoughtful in their replies and questions. They can be thought-provoking without being offensive (always a valuable talent).

godischange

standing_on_one_foot is very clear and gets the facts straight in the posts. They are often funny and thoughtful at the same time.