• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

the Pagans tea-room

Kcnorwood

I've took martial arts for 10 years & there is more styles I wish to take but around here it's hard to find anything worth taking. It's all Karate or Tae Kwon Do & what schools you can find for the good stuff like Akaido & such as SO pricy that you can' afford it.

MoonWater

Warrior Bard
Premium Member
I've took martial arts for 10 years & there is more styles I wish to take but around here it's hard to find anything worth taking. It's all Karate or Tae Kwon Do & what schools you can find for the good stuff like Akaido & such as SO pricy that you can' afford it.

Yeah, it sucks being poor:p. Though it would definitely be worth the money IMHO if i had it. I love my classes and want to learn as much martial arts as I can. I doubt I'll ever become as versed as sensei but I hope to earn at least 1 or 2 black belts.

Dreamwolf

Blissful Insomniac
Yeah, it sucks being poor:p. Though it would definitely be worth the money IMHO if i had it. I love my classes and want to learn as much martial arts as I can. I doubt I'll ever become as versed as sensei but I hope to earn at least 1 or 2 black belts.

Visions of traction dance in my head every time I start thinking about taking a martial arts class. I am far to clumsy, not to mention I have absolutely zero balance.

Azakel

Liebe ist für alle da
Visions of traction dance in my head every time I start thinking about taking a martial arts class. I am far to clumsy, not to mention I have absolutely zero balance.

I think that's one thing Martial Arts can help with is being clumsy, and having no balance. Being overweight I don't have all that great balances, but Martial Arts(plus other training) helped me get better. ^_^

Dreamwolf

Blissful Insomniac
I think that's one thing Martial Arts can help with is being clumsy, and having no balance. Being overweight I don't have all that great balances, but Martial Arts(plus other training) helped me get better. ^_^

You are definitely right on that, but with my leg/knees/back I couldn't handle the training. I would never get out of PT.

MoonWater

Warrior Bard
Premium Member

Same here. But since I started training I've slowly gotten better. Today I'm merely a clutz, instead of a hopeless clutz:p

MoonWater

Warrior Bard
Premium Member
You are definitely right on that, but with my leg/knees/back I couldn't handle the training. I would never get out of PT.

It all depends on the teacher you get. My sensei is awesome as she lets people work at there own pace and simply do what they can. If you have a bad back and can't do rolls fine, if you have bad knees and so can't kick above your waist fine. The class is taught based on each individuals personal capabilities rather than any all encompassing guidelines. If you live in contra costa county in california I would highly reccomend trying your hand at martial arts at diablo valley college if your interested in learning.

Dreamwolf

Blissful Insomniac
It all depends on the teacher you get. My sensei is awesome as she lets people work at there own pace and simply do what they can. If you have a bad back and can't do rolls fine, if you have bad knees and so can't kick above your waist fine. The class is taught based on each individuals personal capabilities rather than any all encompassing guidelines. If you live in contra costa county in california I would highly reccomend trying your hand at martial arts at diablo valley college if your interested in learning.

I would definitely look into it, if I didn't live in Alabama. :biglaugh:

MoonWater

Warrior Bard
Premium Member
What I entered as my religion would kind of give it away too. :p Gotta love Alabama football.

Well when it comes to sports in general and football especially I am both completely blind:cover: and completely uninterested:sleep:. So it's only natural that I wouldn't notice:D

MoonWater

Warrior Bard
Premium Member
Wow look at all these cobwebs, this place has been empty for awhile. Well maybe I'll make myself a cup of tea and see if anyone pops by.

Foxie

What a fun thread!.. may I come in and join the laughter?
I am Foxie .. witch, druidess, heathen, crone, student of life .. Glad to meet each of you !
Tea? no thanks I have my flask of everfull and a plate of "fun" to share .. where would you like me to set the plate at thats in easy reach of everyone?
/|\
Foxie

Azakel

Liebe ist für alle da
What a fun thread!.. may I come in and join the laughter?
I am Foxie .. witch, druidess, heathen, crone, student of life .. Glad to meet each of you !
Tea? no thanks I have my flask of everfull and a plate of "fun" to share .. where would you like me to set the plate at thats in easy reach of everyone?
/|\
Foxie

Welcome. Sure you can come in and join us all here. We can all was use more people ^_^

Comicaze247

See the previous line
Well, I'm undecided on what religion to be, but I've been leaning towards Paganism and agree with many Pagan beliefs. Am I welcome?

Foxie

Former? uuuhhh really? well at least you have a good background ..
LOL sorry Storm that was to good to pass up .. anyways I am glad to meet each of you folks .. .. Do you have a hot tub or a chocolate wallow set up here or am I just hopeing for an excuse to have a virtual food fight?