• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The only difference between religions.

74x12

In my understanding it is only different techniques within the different religions/spiritual practice that are different. Like in How to get in to Heaven or how to realize Nirvana.

So why are people so protective of their belief? Saying "my belief is the right one"
But when looking at the spiritual aspects of all religions, they seek something similar.
Contradictory "truths" can't all be true. There is objective truth. It exists. I believe truth is ultimately God. No lie is of God or ever leads to God. All idolatry is a lie.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Contradictory "truths" can't all be true. There is objective truth. It exists. I believe truth is ultimately God. No lie is of God or ever leads to God. All idolatry is a lie.
Maybe there is contradiction because the prophets or spiritual masters has been on different wisdom level so their teaching look different, but actually teaches the same truth.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
If the same teachings appear different they aren't good teachers.
It is not the teaching that change, but the understanding of the teaching by each practitioners. They understand the same words differently because they are spiritually at different wisdom level.

Spiritual teaching us not same as a normal text written by anybody

stevecanuck

In my understanding it is only different techniques within the different religions/spiritual practice that are different. Like in How to get in to Heaven or how to realize Nirvana.

Verse 9:111 nicely explains Islam's technique - "Allah has purchased of the believers their lives and their properties; for the price that theirs shall be the Paradise. They fight in Allah's Cause, so they kill and are killed".

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Verse 9:111 nicely explains Islam's technique - "Allah has purchased of the believers their lives and their properties; for the price that theirs shall be the Paradise. They fight in Allah's Cause, so they kill and are killed".
I do not speak only about Islam teaching in this OP.
And as usual, you find one verse out of hundreds of verses to explain your hatred toward islam.
Spiritual advancement is not about killing others, it is about "killing" our own ego.

stevecanuck

I do not speak only about Islam teaching in this OP.

I know. You talked about "different techniques within the different religions", and I gave you one example.

And as usual, you find one verse out of hundreds of verses to explain your hatred toward islam.

Correct. I could indeed give you hundreds of verses that tell Muslims to hate and/or kill infidels.

Spiritual advancement is not about killing others, it is about "killing" our own ego.

Please reread 9:111. It is very much about killing others. Allah says so in plain language.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I know. You talked about "different techniques within the different religions", and I gave you one example.

Correct. I could indeed give you hundreds of verses that tell Muslims to hate and/or kill infidels.

Please reread 9:111. It is very much about killing others. Allah says so in plain language.
I do not like your constant attack on Islam. Islam has a huge teaching of goodness, but you only focus on verse you inteprete as evil, it show what you are after.

I try to see the good in every spiritual teaching, i do not look for what evil i can find. And i do not practice harming others at all.

stevecanuck

I do not like your constant attack on Islam. Islam has a huge teaching of goodness, but you only focus on verse you inteprete as evil, it show what you are after.

I try to see the good in every spiritual teaching, i do not look for what evil i can find. And i do not practice harming others at all.

I didn't look for evil in Islam. I opened the Qur'an and it poured out.

You may call me a liar, but the truth is that I decided to read the Qur'an so I could prove that it was a religion of peace. I wanted to be able to debate the "haters" from a position of knowledge. However, those good intentions didn't survive the second page. I was gob-smacked at the vitriol directed towards unbelievers. Enjoy your denial.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want

You may call me a liar, but the truth is that I decided to read the Qur'an so I could prove that it was a religion of peace. I wanted to be able to debate the "haters" from a position of knowledge. However, those good intentions didn't survive the second page. I was gob-smacked at the vitriol directed towards unbelievers. Enjoy your denial.
I enjoy all spiritual teachings, not just the good in Islam

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion

Okay, here it is. Some people don't read the Qur'an the correct way like you and try to leave in peace like some other people. Now what?