• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The only difference between religions.

stevecanuck

Some take the words 100% litterarly like you seems to do, others see the more hidden meanings of the teaching.

How do you not take a verbatim sermon from God literally? If he's saying one thing, but meaning another, then the Qur'an is nothing more than a cruel joke being played on Mankind. C'mon, you can deflect better than that if you tried hard enough.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Then you can't really know that all religions lead to the same higher truth because you admit you haven't found it yet.
Looking at the different teaching i found them to lead toward the same, but explained in different ways.

The OP just reflects my own understanding, it does not give a clear cut answer, since i do not hold it.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
How do you not take a verbatim sermon from God literally? If he's saying one thing, but meaning another, then the Qur'an is nothing more than a cruel joke being played on Mankind. C'mon, you can deflect better than that if you tried hard enough.
As a person seeking the mystic within the teaching i tend to look deeper than just the words in the teaching.

What the "unwritten" teaching within the different teachings means, and how it relate to my own life.

Just a different way to see the teaching

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
I'm sorry, but that question makes zero sense. If you don't know how to read for information, I certainly don't want you to assemble my IKEA furniture.

Well, you make no sense. I know among Muslims there are different way to read the Qur'an in the end. It is not that they all agree and live the same lives.
And an instruction to assemble IKEA furniture is not the same as reading a book like the Qur'an. Or maybe it is you. But that is not how all people read it.

Viker

Häxan
I don't concern myself with the typical urination contests of whose religion/scriptures are right or wrong. I am going to do what I am doing. I view all religious beliefs as relative in the sense that they are religious beliefs. Truth in this regard is subjective. If it be illogical that all religious beliefs can not be "right", then it would be logical that they are all wrong. There is no rational or impartial way to meter which one is "right". People should let it rest and themselves grow within the path they've chosen.

The only scriptures I recognize the validity, authenticity or authority of are my own grimoires, personal journals and books of shadows. There are others like mine that are compelling and acceptable. I do not claim mine are "right" and any of yours, other RFers, are "wrong". These types of arguments are childish and counterproductive for me.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
In my understanding it is only different techniques within the different religions/spiritual practice that are different. Like in How to get in to Heaven or how to realize Nirvana. So why are people so protective of their belief? Saying "my belief is the right one"
But when looking at the spiritual aspects of all religions, they seek something similar.

How about how to get to have and enjoy life forever on Earth?
Sure religion teaches about Heaven, but Jesus taught about both: some going to Heaven but most to live on Earth.
Jesus promised that humble meek people would inherit the Earth at Matthew 5:5 from Psalms 37:9-11.
Only people like those of Luke 22:28-30 and Daniel 7:18 are offered Heaven.
Heaven was promised to No one who died before Jesus died - John 3:13; Matthew 11:11; Acts of the Apostles 2:34.
So, to me what Jesus taught is the right one or right belief to be protected.
The 'time of separation' (Harvest Time) to take place on Earth is at Jesus' coming Glory Time at Matthew 25:31-33.
Those figurative 'sheep and goats' are people alive on Earth at this judgement time.
The haughty 'goats' have an un-favorable or adverse judgement.
The humble ' sheep' have a favorable judgement and can remain alive on Earth to be here on Earth to see Calendar Day One of Jesus' coming 1,000 year reign over Earth.
Since Jesus will bring an end to ' enemy death ' on Earth (1 Corinthians 15:24-26; Isaiah 25:8) then those figurative 'sheep' can remain alive forever on Earth, a beautiful paradisical Earth as Eden originally was.
Earth and its people will be happy and healthy as described in Isaiah 35th chapter and at Isaiah 65:21-25.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
How about how to get to have and enjoy life forever on Earth?
Sure religion teaches about Heaven, but Jesus taught about both: some going to Heaven but most to live on Earth.
Jesus promised that humble meek people would inherit the Earth at Matthew 5:5 from Psalms 37:9-11.
Only people like those of Luke 22:28-30 and Daniel 7:18 are offered Heaven.
Heaven was promised to No one who died before Jesus died - John 3:13; Matthew 11:11; Acts of the Apostles 2:34.
So, to me what Jesus taught is the right one or right belief to be protected.
The 'time of separation' (Harvest Time) to take place on Earth is at Jesus' coming Glory Time at Matthew 25:31-33.
Those figurative 'sheep and goats' are people alive on Earth at this judgement time.
The haughty 'goats' have an un-favorable or adverse judgement.
The humble ' sheep' have a favorable judgement and can remain alive on Earth to be here on Earth to see Calendar Day One of Jesus' coming 1,000 year reign over Earth.
Since Jesus will bring an end to ' enemy death ' on Earth (1 Corinthians 15:24-26; Isaiah 25:8) then those figurative 'sheep' can remain alive forever on Earth, a beautiful paradisical Earth as Eden originally was.
Earth and its people will be happy and healthy as described in Isaiah 35th chapter and at Isaiah 65:21-25.
Won't they bake as the climate warms? How will they survive when dereased biodiversity has ravaged the ecosystem?

stevecanuck

Won't they bake as the climate warms? How will they survive when dereased biodiversity has ravaged the ecosystem?

So, when is this global warming thing going to happen?

Is the growing season longer? No.
Do the golf courses open sooner? No.
Does spring break-up in the north happen any sooner? No.
Does fall freeze in the north happen later? No.
Are the Maldives with their 8 feet of elevation gone, or even changed? No.
Is there so much as one coastal area in the world that is disappearing because of 'rising ocean levels'? No.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Thankfully, Jesus will come to the rescue before the ^ above ^ happens.
Through Jesus then God will bring to ruin those ruining the Earth - Revelation 11:18 B
This is why we are all invited to pray to God for Jesus to come ! - Rev. 22:20
Come and bring ' healing ' to earth's nations as described at Revelation 22:2.
So, before baking and a ravaged ecosystem happens Earth will become as described at Isaiah 35th chapter.
Jesus will come to our rescue by first getting rid of the wicked causing the trouble - Isaiah 11:3-4; Revelation 19:14-15

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member

Is there so much as one coastal area in the world that is disappearing because of 'rising ocean levels'? No.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Thankfully, Jesus will come to the rescue before the ^ above ^ happens.
Through Jesus then God will bring to ruin those ruining the Earth - Revelation 11:18 B
This is why we are all invited to pray to God for Jesus to come ! - Rev. 22:20
Come and bring ' healing ' to earth's nations as described at Revelation 22:2.
So, before baking and a ravaged ecosystem happens Earth will become as described at Isaiah 35th chapter.
Jesus will come to our rescue by first getting rid of the wicked causing the trouble - Isaiah 11:3-4; Revelation 19:14-15
So we'll be magically rescued from the effects of our bad decisions?
Sweet.

RestlessSoul

I'm sorry, but that question makes zero sense. If you don't know how to read for information, I certainly don't want you to assemble my IKEA furniture.

Are there pictures in the Quran then? Because there are with IKEA instructions, and the reason for that is simple; words are frequently ambiguous, and subject to nuanced interpretation. Hence the need for simple illustrations, to avoid confusion.

paradox

(㇏(•̀ᵥᵥ•́)ノ)
I enjoy all spiritual teachings, not just the good in Islam
I do not hold the answer to your question, because i am still a seeker.

God is by definition omnipotent, omniscient, omnibenevolent and omnipresent.

If scriptures say to kill in God's name or because God so desires then such scriptures are contradictory to God's nature and as such do not represent God's will but rather the will of man.

Since you're a seeker (for truth I suppose) then you should consider this carefully because it gives some clues to help bring valid decision.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want

If scriptures say to kill in God's name or because God so desires then such scriptures are contradictory to God's nature and as such do not represent God's will but rather the will of man.

Since you're a seeker (for truth I suppose) then you should consider this carefully because it gives some clues to help bring valid decision.
Since i am a non voilent pasifist i think i have found the answer God wanted me to find on this part of the faith :)
War to me happens within the heart of every believer, but not against others, only against ones self.

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara

Climate change seems to have an overall consensus within the scientific community. One example currently in the news:

"Swathes of Pakistan have been smothered by high temperatures since late April, in extreme weather the World Meteorological Organization (WMO) has warned is consistent with climate change."

- Pakistan city hits nearly 50C as blistering heatwave grips nation

More generally:

"Global climate change has already had observable effects on the environment. Glaciers have shrunk, ice on rivers and lakes is breaking up earlier, plant and animal ranges have shifted and trees are flowering sooner. Effects that scientists had predicted in the past would result from global climate change are now occurring: loss of sea ice, accelerated sea level rise and longer, more intense heat waves."

- Effects | Facts – Climate Change: Vital Signs of the Planet

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion

No, that doesn't make God that. That is your understanding of God. I have a different understanding of God. You don't own the understanding of God and neither do I.