• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The one?

Hermit Philosopher

Selflessly here for you
I think you all missed the point or more likely avoided it all together as I figured you would. I’m talking about messiah like attributes.

Dear Power Stone,

Why would you expect us to avoid it? Is it very controversial what you say?

I think it is more likely that we (I) did not read the question as you had intended us to...

Are you able to specify it a little further?

Are you asking whether “someone” is a messiah if they have attributes of a messiah? ...or, if they can be a messiah without knowing it? ...or, if they can be a messiah without us knowing that they are?

Also, are you thinking of anyone in particular or is this more a general question?

Humbly
Hermit

King Phenomenon

Dear Power Stone,

Why would you expect us to avoid it? Is it very controversial what you say?

I think it is more likely that we (I) did not read the question as you had intended us to...

Are you able to specify it a little further?

Are you asking whether “someone” is a messiah if they have attributes of a messiah? ...or, if they can be a messiah without knowing it? ...or, if they can be a messiah without us knowing that they are?

Also, are you thinking of anyone in particular or is this more a general question?

Humbly
Hermit
I think what I wrote is good enough

firedragon

Veteran Member
Did God manifest himself in one of us and we’ll never know it?

Not any spiritual leaders in a book or not in a book.

Pantheism.

This is a philosophical question. One could only speculate about answers in my opinion, and that's it.

There are some people who claim to be God incarnate, but didnt know he was going to be banned for financial fraud. There are some people who say they speak to God everyday but understood verses in a book from the "brackets within", but didnt know that the original didnt have brackets. I would assume God would have told him if he spoke to God. ;)

Thus, people will of course speak from personal experience and most of what you will get is from that. But, philosophically, this would depend on the school of thought you come from.

Interesting question.