• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The one?

King Phenomenon

Did God manifest himself in one of us and we’ll never know it?

Not any spiritual leaders in a book or not in a book.

Last edited:

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Brahman (what exists) is manifested in all things, living or non-living, equally.
"Tat twam asi" (You are that). "So aham" (I, too, am that). So, where is the problem? :)
What is perceived is not really true.

Last edited:

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member

From an Advaita Vedanta perspective, "God" manifests all that is perceived in this reality through Maya, which is, in essence, the illusion of time/space/causation. Therefore, "God" is manifest in you, me, and all of nature and all that comes from it.

Whether or not one ever knows this is dependent upon one's identification with and attachment to these manifestations.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
From the biblcal perspective: The whole earth is full of his glory. This indicates divinity is distributed in some manner in everything.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I tend to drift in the direction that there's a "piece" of God within each of us but that we need to tap into that "inner light"-- a terminology that the Society of Friends (aka "Quakers") teach.

As one who went through a long series of "premonitions", as crazy as that might sound, this seems to be the reality to me. However, I don't believe that this is just some sort of Christian phenomenon but is likely cross-cultural and across-religions and non-religious lines.

King Phenomenon

I think you all missed the point or more likely avoided it all together as I figured you would. I’m talking about messiah like attributes.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
I think you all missed the point or more likely avoided it all together as I figured you would. I’m talking about messiah like attributes.

I have no practical use for belief in messiahs, so why would I incorporate that into my response, especially since you didn't state until now that you were talking about that?