• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The New Godzilla Movie is about Jesus!

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Thats actually a picture of Ghidora, and realistically Godzilla isnt deep enough to hide anything in it. Even the new anime, which is far deeper than any previous films, is pretty straight forward and what you see is what you get, with the only real message being we messed up real bad in how we treat the environmemt, with nuclear testing being the apex of destruction to the Earth.
All of the films have had their allegory. The first was fear of nuclear annihilation made the protagonist create an even more destructive weapon, furthering the cycle of war and loss. There was even one, I kid you not, where Godzilla represented the Japanese guilt over treatment of POWs.
Probably the shallower film was the 2000 film where Godzilla was just a big animal.
This OP isn't a stretch, though if intended would be funny that 'dumb animal' and 'christian allegory' is all the nuance Americans could come up with for the franchise.

The Reverend Bob

Fart Machine and Beastmaster
Here are some of the names of the kaiju that are under the control of King Ghidorah in his war against Godzilla Christ

1. Behemoth
2. Scylla
3. Baphomet
4. Tiamat
5. Typhoon
6. Abaddon
7. Leviathan

whirlingmerc

Here are some of the names of the kaiju that are under the control of King Ghidorah in his war against Godzilla Christ

1. Behemoth
2. Scylla
3. Baphomet
4. Tiamat
5. Typhoon
6. Abaddon
7. Leviathan

And with GOD in the name GODzilla seems likely there is some overtones like that

Always seemed odd that Godzilla started out bad in initial movies and then became the hero
fighting mother and the gang... even having Godzookie his little sidekick

Saint Frankenstein

Gone
Premium Member
Really? Then I don't want to see it. That makes me mad. I'm tired of Christian crap seeping into areas where it doesn't belong. I was looking forward to that movie, too, since I enjoyed the 2014 one.

The Reverend Bob

Really? Then I don't want to see it. That makes me mad. I'm tired of Christian crap seeping into areas where it doesn't belong. I was looking forward to that movie, too, since I enjoyed the 2014 one.
It's kind of fun, it's stupid but fun. But the fun starts when the human shut up about the spiritual Godzilla is the one true king and renewer of the earth talk and when the kaiju start throwing down. Rodan is a ****** in this one

Saint Frankenstein

Gone
Premium Member
It's kind of fun, it's stupid but fun. But the fun starts when the human shut up about the spiritual Godzilla is the one true king and renewer of the earth talk and when the kaiju start throwing down. Rodan is a ****** in this one
I'll probably still see it since I'm basically seeing it for free with my AMC membership.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
All of the films have had their allegory. The first was fear of nuclear annihilation made the protagonist create an even more destructive weapon, furthering the cycle of war and loss. There was even one, I kid you not, where Godzilla represented the Japanese guilt over treatment of POWs.
Probably the shallower film was the 2000 film where Godzilla was just a big animal.
This OP isn't a stretch, though if intended would be funny that 'dumb animal' and 'christian allegory' is all the nuance Americans could come up with for the franchise.

I agree. I think someone should make a version with Godzilla wearing a red wig and suspenders, trampling a huge set of golden arches situated in the middle of a shopping mall.

Consumerism destroying itself.

The Reverend Bob

I agree. I think someone should make a version with Godzilla wearing a red wig and suspenders, trampling a huge set of golden arches situated in the middle of a shopping mall.

Shin Godzilla touches on the themes of bureaucracy and consumer culture. It is the most nihilistic of the Godzilla films.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member

McZIilla!!

upload_2019-6-7_15-19-27.png

"SUPER-SIZE ME!!!!"

(please note the dazzling production value ^)

Last edited:

Dan From Smithville

What we've got here is failure to communicate.
Staff member
Premium Member
I have noticed a bias against giant rabbit monsters in the movies. It is discrimination I tell you.

The Reverend Bob

Looking forward to that one!
It was done in the Godzilla Earth series on Netflix. Godzilla takes on a bunch of religious fanatic aliens who worship King Ghidorah and set out to brainwash humanity with their religion, but he also takes on a bunch of atheist aliens who believe that the only way to defeat Godzilla is to become one with technology. Godzilla was having none of that from either party.