• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Mysterious Alien Tablet

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
Eternity is too long to be right. Do you really want to exist for eternity?

How many times can Granny kiss you on the cheek before you want to scream?
How many times can you eat the perfect banana split before you want to scream?
How many times can you explore every planet in every galaxy before you want to scream?

Remember - it never ends. Never! You will run out of new things to do long before you run out of time. You will do everything trillions of times and you will still have eternity to do them all again and again and again. And then you will still have eternity to .....

You've forgotten the bacon factor... an eternity of bacon is doable.

tas8831

DNA to does have the code for the body & the article finally got posted on the other thread.
So tell me where this code for the body is, specifically. Which chromosome, for example.
It is in fact the most complex "computer" code ever discovered

No it isn't.
To not admit that is pure foolishness on anyone's part that does so.
To parrot unsubstantiated assertions found in anti-science conspiracy rags is pure foolishness on anyone's part that does so.
Yet Evolution still never made sense to me. Too many assumptions & holes & even growing up the math odds & just so stories w/o real science demonstration. Just inferences w/o proof. I couldn't buy it.
Tell me about these assumptions. What are they and how do you know about them?

Tell me about these "holes" - what are they and how did you find out about them and how do you know they are real holes?

Tell me all about these "math odds" - how were they calculated? What went into them? And what about the "math odds" that a particular ancient middle eastern deity is the one true God? Did you calculate them as well? Or do you just assume that the odds are in your favor because bible?

And tell us about these 'just so stories' - name 5 and explain how you know they are 'just so stories.'

I'm sure I will be convinced by your explanations.

ecco

Veteran Member
Why does it matter to you. I am not preaching it. I am not telling you things to do based on my religion. You have a problem, take it up with someone else. I didn't name ya.
You posted "The existence of God cannot be proven, nor can it be disproved."

I responded.

That's what happens in forums.

ecco

Veteran Member
I get it. You're an activist atheist that gives all the other atheists a bad name. Fine. Why does it bother you so much that other people would have beliefs? Why do you have to challenge even those that do nothing to you?

Where are you going with this? What do you expect to achieve here? Is it going to be that if I provide some scientific information that you would be in agreement with, but since I am a Christian, you are going to challenge me on it? What? Come on dude. You're starting to look like a caricature.

If I provide information about science that is wrong, then call me on it. If you do, I will. If you provide factual information that I agree with, I will agree with you. If you say you are an atheist, I accept that and have no issues with it. If you call out a creationist for babbling their babble, I will probably have beaten you to it.

Where you going with this? You just looking for a fight? Do you feel the need to beat up on someone? Your entire point of this is lost on me, except as gratuitous behavior.

See my post #84.

Milton Platt

This is an article that makes a great analogy showing how Intelligent Design is unavoidable and especially if it were to occur this way. Yet here it is right in front of us and ID is denied over and over despite how obvious it is. It shows how it is not about science it is about something much more as this articles analogy proves. Evolutionist would be all over this proving ID existed were this to happen. Yet when it is here you refuse to acknowledge it. So very very sad.

Hopefully this link works. If it works the article starts with page one on the right side. To read the next two pages you have to hit the arrow next to page one and then the next 2 pages will appear. Hope you enjoy and begin to wake up to the fraud of evolution. Yet I doubt you will due to it is much more than fraud science to you. It is a worldview you won't give up regardless. Hopefully this will help you realize what is real truth not the fraud you've been taught.

Creation - 2019 Volume 41, Issue 3 - page38

complexity does not require intelligent agency. If there is a god, surely he would be more complex than that which he created.
Anyway, something that does not exist cannot be the cause of anything. So your first job is to provide convincing evidence a god (or whatever you prefer to call it) exists. Once you do that, we can then try and determine what it has or has not done.

By the way, at what point does something become so complex it had to be done by an intelligent agent? What is the tipping point?
Complex as compared to what, exactly?

Last edited:

Bob the Unbeliever

complexity does not require intelligent agency. If there is a god, surely he would be more complex than that which he created.
Anyway, something that does not exist cannot be the cause of anything. So your first job is to provide convincing evidence a god (or whatever you prefer to call it) exists. Once you do that, we can then try and determine what it has or has not done.

By the way, at what point does something become so complex it had to be done by an intelligent agent? What is the tipping point?
Complex as compared to what, exactly?

Easy! It's Complexities all the way down! Much like the Elephant Explanation. ;)

I'm done with this thread. I thought it was about some alien tablet but it isn't.

The link was about a Hindu mission to be Christian and humanitarian.

The commentary is all screwy, not really on any sort of topic at all.

ecco

Veteran Member
You can't see my true colors because I'm trapped in a violent black tomb of wrath being severely tortured. Maybe you and your friends might like to repent some time soon? Thanks.
If remaining unrepentant keeps the likes of you trapped in a violent black tomb of wrath being severely tortured I'll never repent.

Bob the Unbeliever

I didn't fail. You did and I'll prove it.

You conveniently cherry picked a small segment of my comment in order to leave out scripture.

Still not proof. Scripture? Is your claim -- not proof-- you cannot use your claim to "prove" your claim-- that's a Circular Reasoning Logical Fallacy.

And I did not cherry pick-- I ignored that which was irrelevant and silly.

Bob the Unbeliever

You can't see my true colors because I'm trapped in a violent black tomb of wrath being severely tortured. Maybe you and your friends might like to repent some time soon? Thanks.

So sorry. There are now drugs which can help your mental afflictions.

They are quite good at helping people be rid of evil delusions and brainwashing.

Seek help. Professional help-- hint-- anyone who adds "pastor" or "father" before their name? Isn't the sort of professional you need.