• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Merging

Daelach

Setian
You are speaking of an ancient event. I am speaking of a new one.

yeah, breaking news, the Second Coming, the Lord will.. oh wait, that was another religion. But maybe there's more christian stuff to dress up in Setian ways. Just keep doing it in the same subtle way, and nobody will notice the copycat. Did I say copy-cat? Bastet FTW! :)

Sireal

Setian
Someones subjective perception got sidetracked looks like. Robert you are in the wrong DIR. you are looking for Mysticism over with RHPers.

RobertAlexander

I am living fire.
Yes, I am back. I know you missed me. Do not tell me what my Setianism is. That is for me to decide. Furthermore, you clearly do no understand what I am telling you because of the fact that you are misinterpreting my symbolism. The point I am making is that Christianity had it's time. Now is the time for it's inversion to cleanse the damage done. Do you ever wonder why humans work out in the hot Sun and sleep the beautiful night away? Do you know who/what you are? Do you have questions, or do you have all the answers? If the period of enlightment/the Sun/ is coming to an end, then the time of endarkenment/the Set is coming to a beginning, as Atum comes to know itself, as it is, as all are. Mine is not an Ego you wish to toy with. Do not bite the hand that feeds, as they say. Thanks for reading my words. Heed them, or don't. For those that have "an ear to hear", you have. For those that don't...

Daelach

Setian
The point I am making is that Christianity had it's time.

Yawning.. nothing new. The whole enlightment era said the same. Nietzsche made the point moot. The boring thing about this is that it is just the usual phase of rationalism that occurs in every civilisation towards its end. The ancient Greeks had their Nietzsche too, his name was Plutarch. Ok, he didn't kill Jesus because Jesus was still to be born, he killed Pan. Crete even has a "tomb of Zeus".

And so what? Some centuries later, the rationalism's great announcements hadn't come true. Neither have they come true today. Back then, rationalism degraded into being one intellectual options among many, leading to the "second religiosity", as Spengler called it.

This phase is just ahead of us. And it won't draw on Set.

Sireal

Setian
you clearly do no understand what I am telling you because of the fact that you are misinterpreting my symbolism.
I am not here to understand your symbolism let alone care what you are "telling me", this is the Setian DIR and you are in a different world altogether.

RobertAlexander

I am living fire.
Yawning.. nothing new. The whole enlightment era said the same. Nietzsche made the point moot. The boring thing about this is that it is just the usual phase of rationalism that occurs in every civilisation towards its end. The ancient Greeks had their Nietzsche too, his name was Plutarch. Ok, he didn't kill Jesus because Jesus was still to be born, he killed Pan. Crete even has a "tomb of Zeus".

And so what? Some centuries later, the rationalism's great announcements hadn't come true. Neither have they come true today. Back then, rationalism degraded into being one intellectual options among many, leading to the "second religiosity", as Spengler called it.

This phase is just ahead of us. And it won't draw on Set.

I simply say to you that I am not speaking of the idea of an end but of an inversive society being put in place.

Daelach

Setian
but of an inversive society being put in place.

Which would naturally imply the end of the existing society. And no, all the "God XYZ will erect his society"-blahblah (also coined as "the New Age will begin" or just "the Second Coming of Jesus", depending on the viewpoint of the speaker, but it is just the same structure) has just been wrong. Adding one more of these announcements isn't really a big deal. Not even if you happen to recycle the countless failed predictions by inserting the name of Set this time.

RobertAlexander

I am living fire.
Which would naturally imply the end of the existing society. And no, all the "God XYZ will erect his society"-blahblah (also coined as "the New Age will begin" or just "the Second Coming of Jesus", depending on the viewpoint of the speaker, but it is just the same structure) has just been wrong. Adding one more of these announcements isn't really a big deal. Not even if you happen to recycle the countless failed predictions by inserting the name of Set this time.

I would simply say to you on this that just because you haven't KNOWN of something happening or even if it hasn't doesn't determine whether or not it CAN or WILL happen. If my logic is incorrect, I do apologize. I only wish to introduce opposing viewpoints to the Setian DIR forum. I, however, am 100 percent Setian.

Daelach

Setian
Let me put it this way: we have seen countless of such predictions, and never they came true. It is just boring to see the same crap popping up over and over, just with the names replaced, and always, the lines are "yeah, but THIS time.....". And always, "this time" has just been a flop. So now you come, delivering the next sort of that stuff - what reaction do you expect? What proofs can you offer? Just the usual "i DO know it"? Come on, we've heard that before. *yawn*.

And to be precise, the same entertaining kind of flop-prediction, even with Set as protagonist, figures already in the "Book of Coming Forth By Night", document you probably know. That was 38 years ago. Long enough ago that you think you can recycle the failed prophecies, or what? :)

Seriously speaking - of course, there will be changes in the future, with peakoil at the door step. No BS, even the military is considering the implications. I have read articles from the US military, the Australian one, the German one, just to mention a few. Plus that even without that factor, we're in the late phase of civilisation, I find Oswald Spengler quite convincing here. Business as before will not be an option throughout this century. But I don't believe that Set will take over things, just as he didn't do when ancient Egypt fell, when Greece fell, when Rome fell. It is just the usual cycle of birth, blossom, decay and death - on a cultural level.

Last edited: