• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The media is out of control

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Uh, no.. It's always the liberals being cold and short with me. You're one of the milder ones though, Subduction Zone. I can respect that.

The problem is that when one repeats errors and cannot learn from one's mistakes that others will sooner or later lose patience. We all make mistakes, but one should try to learn from them.

And thank you.

Cooky

Veteran Member
The problem is that when one repeats errors and cannot learn from one's mistakes that others will sooner or later lose patience. We all make mistakes, but one should try to learn from them.

And thank you.

I know in the other thread, when I was being called a troll, I was asking for links and everyone wanted me to jump through hoops, and watch long video's to try and listen for the particular laws I was looking for, while they were making repeated claims I couldn't come to terms with -because I couldn't get the facts.

I mean, getting people to provide a link around here is like pulling teeth. It's like people would rather me watch a biased, second hand source -not for me to gain what I'm looking for, but rather to try and convince me further with loads upon loads of rhetoric.

The message that sends is like: forget the facts, we're gonna convince you through repeated words until you tire out and just give up on the actual truth.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
London (AFP) - Prince Harry has launched legal action against two British tabloid newspaper publishers, they confirmed Friday, over alleged phone hacking -- just days after he condemned the press for critical coverage of his wife.

Harry, 35, extended his campaign against the tabloids with fresh action after suing another newspaper for alleged invasion of privacy.

Reports said the new claims concerned phone hacking allegations.
Prince Harry sues UK tabloids over 'phone hacking'

I think that the media is out of control, crazy, and needs to be put into check. Any opinions?
Of course media is out of control. It is not meant to be controlled.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I know in the other thread, when I was being called a troll, I was asking for links and everyone wanted me to jump through hoops, and watch long video's to try and listen for the particular laws I was looking for, while they were making repeated claims I couldn't come to terms with -because I couldn't get the facts.

I mean, getting people to provide a link around here is like pulling teeth. It's like people would rather me watch a biased, second hand source -not for me to gain what I'm looking for, but rather to try and convince me further with loads upon loads of rhetoric.

The message that sends is like: forget the facts, we're gonna convince you through repeated words until you tire out and just give up on the actual truth.
When you ask which laws Trump broke you will get answers such as his breaking of this one:

11 CFR § 110.20 | eRegulations

If you want to ask how he broke it then you need the full explanations given by videos and articles. A short cut and paste quote does not do it.

Cooky

Veteran Member
It became uncontrolled in 1997 when The Drudge Report arrived on the web.

Yeah, there's no way to oversee all the web sites. But to be honest, if a TV station returned to the pre-1987 standards set by the FCC, willingly on it's own, I bet it would be super-successful, because it's target audience would be the *entire spectrum*.

Cooky

Veteran Member
I don't think that I have a good grasp of what you want.

Well, I have a lot of issues with the media, and how our country has become highly polarized since 1987, and the scrapping of the Fairness Doctrine, for which I blame CNN entirely...

I am sure that CNN lobbied for Congress to end the fairness doctrine because they had the desire and the means to manipulate people through TV, since CNN started in 1980, and Fox News didn't start up until 1996, it could only have been CNN who desired the termination of these fairness laws.

...Most likely, CNN got the idea from the UK, whose media has been out of control for a long time, with their paparazzi killing the princess, and now, today, hacking into the Prince's private phone lines, and writing nonsense about his wife.

Now in America, we have fake news and a completely ignorant voting block due to entertainment news stations feeding us irrelevant, blown-out-of-proportion "news".

Last edited by a moderator:

Cooky

Veteran Member
This is what happens when the liberals follow on the coattail of the UK.

...Or are liberals so smart, that they were preparing for the wake of the World Wide Web, ten years ahead of time, where controls would have hindered the success of the internet..? I can't say for sure whether the left plays stupid while having actual long term goals.? Or if the left really does just blow with the wind.

I wish I knew.

Last edited by a moderator: