• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The main spirit of a plant can think and read your mind...

Gauss

From another dimension, no less.

Someone may just need to talk with a doctor about that.

Well, mathematicians have confirmed something between 11 and an infinite number of dimensions today in the universe so it is not too far out.

In fact the bible speaks about using the third eye(single eye) so as a Christian you should be aware.

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe
I about DIED when I read this:

"One of the most important things that Backster discovered was that, instead of going ballistic, plants that find themselves in the presence of overwhelming danger simply become catatonic! Under such circumstances, the plants they were studying showed no reaction whatsoever. They simply “check out.”"

The plant's not reacting, so clearly it must be catatonic since I've already decided that they're psychic and have feelings!!! Clearly this isn't the worst example of confirmation bias and post-hoc ad-hoc "reasoning" ever! :facepalm:

http://scienceray.com/biology/botany/do-plants-have-feelings/

ellenjanuary

Gauss, you bumped your head. Kicked with a tree once (I am a witch, after all) and all the tree knew of me was fire.

ellenjanuary

Well, mathematicians have confirmed something between 11 and an infinite number of dimensions today in the universe so it is not too far out.

In fact the bible speaks about using the third eye(single eye) so as a Christian you should be aware.
How come this mathematician don't know about it? How about linking a fool up, rather then this silly plant talk? ;)

gnomon

I love it when Mark Wahlberg speaks to a plastic plant in "the Happening."

You see, that movie sucked so bad I don't even remember that. Wish I did because that would be the highlight.

I about DIED when I read this:

"One of the most important things that Backster discovered was that, instead of going ballistic, plants that find themselves in the presence of overwhelming danger simply become catatonic! Under such circumstances, the plants they were studying showed no reaction whatsoever. They simply “check out.”"

The plant's not reacting, so clearly it must be catatonic since I've already decided that they're psychic and have feelings!!! Clearly this isn't the worst example of confirmation bias and post-hoc ad-hoc "reasoning" ever! :facepalm:

Do Plants Have Feelings? | Scienceray

Remind's me of the paranormal artists who claim that, under testing conditions, their powers failed due to a skeptic being present.

Enoughie

The plant has no sensory organs and can not see according to established science or materialism. Yet peer reviewed biology articles now acknowledge this capacity so which is his sensory organs? How can he read your mind? Explain it please from an atheist perspective.

Please indicate which peer reviewed articles support the idea that plants can read minds. This would be fascinating.

Btw, evolution is a completely flawed theory that should be discussed in another thread...

This is amazing and hilarious at the same time.

You demand an explanation from an "atheist perspective" (whatever that is) for the idea of a quack "scientist," from an "experiment" that was never even properly conducted (you know, with a control condition and all). And therefore could not have been properly reproduced.

Yet at the same time you claim that the most widely accepted scientific theory, with the most evidence to back it up, is "completely flawed" :facepalm:

I don't know about an "atheist" explanation (I'm not an atheist), but the scientific explanation to your theory is that it's a load of *********, and an insult to intelligence.

Last edited:

Gauss

Please indicate which peer reviewed articles support the idea that plants can read minds. This would be fascinating.

This is amazing and hilarious at the same time.

You demand an explanation from an "atheist perspective" (whatever that is) for the idea of a quack "scientist," from an "experiment" that was never even properly conducted (you know, with a control condition and all). And therefore could not have been properly reproduced.

Yet at the same time you claim that the most widely accepted scientific theory, with the most evidence to back it up, is "completely flawed" :facepalm:

I don't know about an "atheist" explanation (I'm not an atheist), but the scientific explanation to your theory is that it's a load of *********, and an insult to intelligence.

According to the peer-reviewed journal Plant Physiology, plants are capable of identifying danger, signaling that danger to other plants and defending against perceived threats. According to botanist Bill Williams of the Helvetica Institute, “plants not only seem to be aware and feel pain, they can even communicate.”

Read more: Do Plants Have Feelings? | Scienceray

If you mean the obscure theory of evolution is "accepted" you are right, whether it makes sense is a completely different matter. it is just a very bad joke lowerring the thinking of mankind and I will show it in another thread.

Explain to me with a materialistic perspective how the plant can read your mind? Which sensory organ is reading your mind when you think about setting fire to the leaves?

It is a very simple question.

The Hindu : Can plants feel?

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][/FONT] [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif] [/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]The biologists at the University of Turin and the Max Planck Institute in Jena found that during a three-year study of the Lima bean, the plants sensed and reacted to the presence of leaf-eating grubs. They responded by emitting an odor that not only alerted other plants in the area, but attracted wasps, a natural enemy of grubs.[/FONT]

I believe you should call Max Planck institute a serious research institute.....

So plants can sense and yet they have no sensory organs. Does that not implicate that their sensory organs are hidden to our flesh eyes? Yet they exist since they really can sense.

Therefore we can conclude plants have sensory organs in another dimension, a more microscopic dimension I would guess.

Most atheists are afraid to discuss aything beyond what their eyes can see and still we know there are a multitude of unseen dimensions around us and inside us...

Noaidi

slow walker
According to the peer-reviewed journal Plant Physiology, plants are capable of identifying danger, signaling that danger to other plants and defending against perceived threats. According to botanist Bill Williams of the Helvetica Institute, “plants not only seem to be aware and feel pain, they can even communicate.”

So plants can sense and yet they have no sensory organs. Does that not implicate that their sensory organs are hidden to our flesh eyes? Yet they exist since they really can sense.​

Therefore we can conclude plants have sensory organs in another dimension, a more microscopic dimension I would guess.​

No-one denies plants can communicate. A similar discussion can be found on another thread:

http://www.religiousforums.com/forum/living-world/76031-do-plants-feel.html

There are some links to papers that you might find interesting. What is in dispute is that there is a supernatural aspect to plant sensitivity. So far, no evidence is available to suggest this.

Gauss

[/left]

No-one denies plants can communicate. A similar discussion can be found on another thread:

http://www.religiousforums.com/forum/living-world/76031-do-plants-feel.html

There are some links to papers that you might find interesting. What is in dispute is that there is a supernatural aspect to plant sensitivity. So far, no evidence is available to suggest this.

Well, some atheists just called my claims paranormal nonsense here so we had an issue there that we just settled...

If plants can communicate without having any sensory organs - then it is a supernormal ability.

Or do you have a "natural" scientific explanation from this dimension?

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
I stress open minded, I have looked into plants that can read minds and am undecided; however, if they can read minds in my opinion a plant does not need a soul. It just needs to be able to interpet energy patterns something all living things currently do. Thoughts are just patterns of energy. In a system all energy remains the same but changes. If a plant can pick up on the subtle energy changes it should be able to react to them. This is not really mind reading but reaction to a stimulus which plants already do.

Gauss

I stress open minded, I have looked into plants that can read minds and am undecided; however, if they can read minds in my opinion a plant does not need a soul. It just needs to be able to interpet energy patterns something all living things currently do. Thoughts are just patterns of energy. In a system all energy remains the same but changes. If a plant can pick up on the subtle energy changes it should be able to react to them. This is not really mind reading but reaction to a stimulus which plants already do.

The question is how you define "soul"?

In my opinion a soul is a very microscopic substance that can interact with other microscopic substances. Hence the plant can perceive a thought being sent out from your brain(a thought is a form of microscopic substance sent out from the brain - established today by science).

As microscopic as a soul is, that is as high level as he comes from originally in the cosmos since the more microscopic the more powerful he has been, as I see it.

I would not guess that all plants have been humans and hence some are bound to be more "simple" natured...

Noaidi

slow walker
Well, some atheists just called my claims paranormal nonsense here so we had an issue there that we just settled...

If plants can communicate without having any sensory organs - then it is a supernormal ability.

Or do you have a "natural" scientific explanation from this dimension?

Depends how you define a sensory organ. Plants don't have the same sensory organs as animals, but they do have receptors specific to certain molecules and can respond to light. There is nothing supernatural / supernormal about this ability - any botany textbook can tell you this.

Your OP talks about a plant 'spirit' being able to think and read our minds. Now, you won't find THAT in the textbooks - and there's a very good reason as to why not.

Enoughie

According to the peer-reviewed journal Plant Physiology, plants are capable of identifying danger, signaling that danger to other plants and defending against perceived threats. According to botanist Bill Williams of the Helvetica Institute, “plants not only seem to be aware and feel pain, they can even communicate."

There's nothing new here. But this doesn't answer my question. It doesn't say anything about plants reading minds. Show me a peer reviewed article that shows plants can read your mind! Until you do that, you claims amounts to a load of *********.

Read more: Do Plants Have Feelings? | Scienceray

If you mean the obscure theory of evolution is "accepted" you are right, whether it makes sense is a completely different matter. it is just a very bad joke lowerring the thinking of mankind and I will show it in another thread.

Again. The fact that you dismiss a theory that has more evidence for it then the Theory of Gravitation, and at the same time promote nonsense about mind reading plants, shows that you are a hypocrite who's not really interested in discovering the real truths about the world. Rather, you want reality to conform to your beliefs. But that is just not going to happen. That is not how the world works. No matter how much you wish it does, or what words you use to dismiss reality.

You see, reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.

Explain to me with a materialistic perspective how the plant can read your mind? Which sensory organ is reading your mind when you think about setting fire to the leaves?

It is a very simple question.

Explain to me from your perspective how can toilet-paper sing?

The Hindu : Can plants feel?

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]The biologists at the University of Turin and the Max Planck Institute in Jena found that during a three-year study of the Lima bean, the plants sensed and reacted to the presence of leaf-eating grubs. They responded by emitting an odor that not only alerted other plants in the area, but attracted wasps, a natural enemy of grubs.[/FONT]

I believe you should call Max Planck institute a serious research institute.....

So plants can sense and yet they have no sensory organs. Does that not implicate that their sensory organs are hidden to our flesh eyes? Yet they exist since they really can sense.

Therefore we can conclude plants have sensory organs in another dimension, a more microscopic dimension I would guess.

Most atheists are afraid to discuss aything beyond what their eyes can see and still we know there are a multitude of unseen dimensions around us and inside us...

Of course plants have "sensory organs." They are just different from those of animals. How do you think plants do photosynthesis? They must have "sensory organs" to identify the presence of light. Is this a supernatural ability? Don't be ridiculous.

The fact that plants can respond to leaf-eating grubs, or other harmful things in their environment, also doesn't mean that they have "sensory organs in another dimension." All it means is that they have some receptors that chemically identify these insects, and then release other chemicals to communicate this to other plants. Again, there's nothing new here. And all these things have perfect natural explanations to them.

The fact that you would look for magical solutions for natural phenomena, on the other hand, shows that you' clearly have no grasp of science whatsoever.

I wonder how water knows how to boil when you apply heat to it. It must be communicating with the gods, or have "sensory organs in another dimension." Surely there's no better explanation.

Last edited:

ellenjanuary

It is not a matter of supernatural; there is no need for such a state when the condition of natural reveals all. Plant has no need of mind, for we are mind of plant, we are mind of dog, we are mind of butterfly and piranha. We are the awareness of self, and what is a self without its ecology? How many microscopic parasites and symbiots does the individual carry? How is it possible to separate the one from the many?

Chemical awareness is ancient process. This is why the science of evolution, while incomplete, is the best possible answer. We contain so much of what is ancient that it is often called junk or extraneous is only what is remembered. What is truly meant by dominion over animals? What is the story of the ark but something to be carried in memory till such a time comes when being ark is realized?

What does it really mean to achieve the kingdom of heaven but to guide life on earth to the stars? I do not see looking back as something to long for, regret; but as something to assemble, from past to present to best possible future.

Gauss

Depends how you define a sensory organ. Plants don't have the same sensory organs as animals, but they do have receptors specific to certain molecules and can respond to light. There is nothing supernatural / supernormal about this ability - any botany textbook can tell you this.

Your OP talks about a plant 'spirit' being able to think and read our minds. Now, you won't find THAT in the textbooks - and there's a very good reason as to why not.

If plants can read minds and sense your thoughts or have feelings, how is that supposed to happen with a receptor? What is the receptor really and what does it look like? Science can not identify the receptor other than with theories and by seeing the result of its work. This is all because it can not photograph the plane of microscopic dimensions, only dots.

About the Backster experiment, it has been widely published and he seems like a brilliant man from all perspectives. Since he was a non-botanist coming in with electronics expertise there have not been any good lie-detector experiments on his level that I ever heard of from the botanists. SUre, they call him anything but that is normal given how far ahead he is...

Sure, scientists will say he is debunked, I reserve myself.

Thanks for your time in this thread.