• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"THE LORD'S DAY IS THE SABBATH DAY NOT SUNDAY ACCORDING TO SCRIPTURES

3rdAngel

As I know of no "God," I must assume that this "God's Word" is just some humans trying to tell everybody else what to do. I don't obsequiously obey humans.
Yes you are correct. You do not know God or His Word for it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent. For God has chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God has chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty. For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He takes the wise in their own craftiness. And again, The Lord knows the thoughts of the wise, that they are vain.

Take Care.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Yes you are correct. You do not know God or His Word for it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent. For God has chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God has chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty. For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He takes the wise in their own craftiness. And again, The Lord knows the thoughts of the wise, that they are vain.

Take Care.
This is a debate thread. You are preaching.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
No dear friend, this is a scripture thread I am sharing scripture and you are talking about anything accept the scriptures and this OP. Do you have anything to share in regards to the OP?
"Scriptural Debates"

And I already shared my thoughts. You responded by showing me a picture of all the countries in which Saturday is named after "Sabbath," (including the United states because a small percentage speaks Spanish).

But let me then ask you: how many of those nations celebrate their sabbath on Saturday? The vast majority of them, in fact, celebrate their sabbaths on Sunday, followed by Friday.

3rdAngel

"Scriptural Debates"

And I already shared my thoughts. You responded by showing me a picture of all the countries in which Saturday is named after "Sabbath," (including the United states because a small percentage speaks Spanish).

But let me then ask you: how many of those nations celebrate their sabbath on Saturday? The vast majority of them, in fact, celebrate their sabbaths on Sunday, followed by Friday.
According to the scriptures the majority of the world are the many that are called and not the few that are Gods chosen and will be lost and it is written that in the scriptures Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that does the will of my Father which is in heaven. When Jesus returns it is also written that many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity. That said God has always had a people that have kept the Sabbath of Gods 10 commandments that give us a knowledge of what sin is when broken the old testament to Jesus and all the Apostles and even after the death of Jesus and all the Apostles right down to the present day. Revelation 12:17. Even the changing of the Sabbath was prophesied in the scriptures (Daniel 7:25).

Take Care.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
According to the scriptures the majority of the world are the many that are called and not the few that are Gods chosen and will be lost and it is written that in the scriptures Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that does the will of my Father which is in heaven. When Jesus returns it is also written that many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity. That said God has always had a people that have kept the Sabbath of Gods 10 commandments that give us a knowledge of what sin is when broken the old testament to Jesus and all the Apostles and even after the death of Jesus and all the Apostles right down to the present day. Revelation 12:17. Even the changing of the Sabbath was prophesied in the scriptures (Daniel 7:25).

Take Care.
Ah, so you are one of those joyously awaiting the Rapture, and the casting into hell of practically everybody you've ever known.

Enjoy that, if it makes you feel good.

3rdAngel

Ah, so you are one of those joyously awaiting the Rapture, and the casting into hell of practically everybody you've ever known.
Enjoy that, if it makes you feel good.
Hmm.. I do not know what this has to do with what you are quoting from but no. I do not believe in the pre-trib rapture.

Faithofchristian

No dear friend I am saying if we claim to know God and are practicing known unrepentant sin we do not know God and not resting in Christ (1 John 2:3-4).
So your saying what Jesus Christ said, himself in
Matthew 11:28--"Come unto me all you that labour and are heavy laden and I will give you rest"

There you have it straight from Jesus Christ himself.
To come unto him and he will give you rest.
Now if you go from the book of Acts to Revelation.
You will not find any command to keep the Sabbath day.
And why is that ??

Because we are now under the New testament scriptures sealed by the blood of Jesus Christ.
Wherefore we now Rest in The Lord Jesus Christ and not on any day of the week no more

3rdAngel

So your saying what Jesus Christ said, himself in
Matthew 11:28--"Come unto me all you that labour and are heavy laden and I will give you rest"

There you have it straight from Jesus Christ himself.
To come unto him and he will give you rest.
Lets discuss it. To come to Jesus means to believe and obey and live by Gods Word (see what Jesus says in Matthew 4:4; John 3:36; Matthew 7:21-23). The scriptures also say in Isaiah 57:20 That the wicked are like the troubled sea, when it cannot rest, whose waters cast up mire and dirt. This is because our sins separate us from God and His presence see Isaiah 59:2. We are to come unto Jesus because it is only in Jesus that we find Gods forgiveness for ours sins and Gods presence. Coming to Jesus also means to repent of our sins see Proverbs 28:13; Matthew 3:2; Matthew 4:17; Acts 3:19). Therefore dear friend no one comes to Christ if they have not repented of their known sins. There is no rest for the wicked according to the scriptures and Matthew 11:28-30 is not teaching we can continue in known unrepentant sin and receive Gods rest.
Now if you go from the book of Acts to Revelation.
You will not find any command to keep the Sabbath day.
And why is that ??
Hebrews 3 and Hebrews 4 teach us that Gods rest is the seventh day Sabbath that remains for the people of God to keep (see Hebrews 4:1-11). Jesus and all the Apostles taught and upheld all the 10 commandments as the standard of GOOD (moral right doing when obeyed) and EVIL (moral wrong doing when disobeyed); SIN (moral wrong doing when disobeyed) and RIGHTEOUSNESS (moral right doing when obeyed) see the new covenant scriptures in Romans 3:20; Romans 7:7; 1 John 3:4; James 2:10-11 and Psalms 119:172. You may need to do some more homework. Jesus taught us in Mark 2:27-28 that He is the Lord and creator of the Sabbath that he made for all mankind and that it is lawful to do good on the Sabbath in Matthew 12:1-12. Jesus also expected His people to be continuing to keep the Sabbath well into the future in the last days before the second coming (see Matthew 24:20). All the disciples and Apostles continued keeping the Sabbath well after the death and resurrection of Jesus until they died (see Matthew 28:1; Acts of the Apostles 13:14; 13:27; 13:44; 15:21; 16:13; 17:2; 18:4; Revelation 1:10). If you would like some bible studies please feel free to DM me.
Because we are now under the New testament scriptures sealed by the blood of Jesus Christ.
Wherefore we now Rest in The Lord Jesus Christ and not on any day of the week no more
As posted earlier no one rests in Christ if they are continuing to practice known unrepentant sin. According to the scriptures those who continue practicing known unrepentant sin do not know God let alone rest in him (see 1 John 2:3-4; 1 John 3:6-9). Sin (breaking Gods law) is the difference between those who know God and those who do not know God and the children of God and the children of the devil (see 1 John 3:6-10; 1 John 2:3-4; Revelation 12:17; Revelation 14:12 and Revelation 22:14). Let me know if you would like some bible studies.

Take Care.

Faithofchristian

Lets discuss it. To come to Jesus means to believe and obey and live by Gods Word (see what Jesus says in Matthew 4:4; John 3:36; Matthew 7:21-23). The scriptures also say in Isaiah 57:20 That the wicked are like the troubled sea, when it cannot rest, whose waters cast up mire and dirt. This is because our sins separate us from God and His presence see Isaiah 59:2. We are to come unto Jesus because it is only in Jesus that we find Gods forgiveness for ours sins and Gods presence. Coming to Jesus also means to repent of our sins see Proverbs 28:13; Matthew 3:2; Matthew 4:17; Acts 3:19). Therefore dear friend no one comes to Christ if they have not repented of their known sins. There is no rest for the wicked according to the scriptures and Matthew 11:28-30 is not teaching we can continue in known unrepentant sin and receive Gods rest.

Hebrews 3 and Hebrews 4 teach us that Gods rest is the seventh day Sabbath that remains for the people of God to keep (see Hebrews 4:1-11). Jesus and all the Apostles taught and upheld all the 10 commandments as the standard of GOOD (moral right doing when obeyed) and EVIL (moral wrong doing when disobeyed); SIN (moral wrong doing when disobeyed) and RIGHTEOUSNESS (moral right doing when obeyed) see the new covenant scriptures in Romans 3:20; Romans 7:7; 1 John 3:4; James 2:10-11 and Psalms 119:172. You may need to do some more homework. Jesus taught us in Mark 2:27-28 that He is the Lord and creator of the Sabbath that he made for all mankind and that it is lawful to do good on the Sabbath in Matthew 12:1-12. Jesus also expected His people to be continuing to keep the Sabbath well into the future in the last days before the second coming (see Matthew 24:20). All the disciples and Apostles continued keeping the Sabbath well after the death and resurrection of Jesus until they died (see Matthew 28:1; Acts of the Apostles 13:14; 13:27; 13:44; 15:21; 16:13; 17:2; 18:4; Revelation 1:10). If you would like some bible studies please feel free to DM me.

As posted earlier no one rests in Christ if they are continuing to practice known unrepentant sin. According to the scriptures those who continue practicing known unrepentant sin do not know God let alone rest in him (see 1 John 2:3-4; 1 John 3:6-9). Sin (breaking Gods law) is the difference between those who know God and those who do not know God and the children of God and the children of the devil (see 1 John 3:6-10; 1 John 2:3-4; Revelation 12:17; Revelation 14:12 and Revelation 22:14). Let me know if you would like some bible studies.

Take Care.
There's nothing there, saying what you saying
As for Matthew 11:28--"Come unto me all you that labour and are heavy laden and I will give you rest"

Not only does Jesus Christ give you rest from your physical labour.
But your spiritual labour.
meaning of ( heavy laden)
From all your worries and cares of this life.
To Rest in Jesus Christ.
Put all your faith and trust and hope in Jesus Christ.

3rdAngel

3rdAngel said: Lets discuss it. To come to Jesus means to believe and obey and live by Gods Word (see what Jesus says in Matthew 4:4; John 3:36; Matthew 7:21-23). The scriptures also say in Isaiah 57:20 That the wicked are like the troubled sea, when it cannot rest, whose waters cast up mire and dirt. This is because our sins separate us from God and His presence see Isaiah 59:2. We are to come unto Jesus because it is only in Jesus that we find Gods forgiveness for ours sins and Gods presence. Coming to Jesus also means to repent of our sins see Proverbs 28:13; Matthew 3:2; Matthew 4:17; Acts 3:19). Therefore dear friend no one comes to Christ if they have not repented of their known sins. There is no rest for the wicked according to the scriptures and Matthew 11:28-30 is not teaching we can continue in known unrepentant sin and receive Gods rest.

Your response here...
There's nothing there, saying what you saying
Lets talk detail and just not disagree without proving why you disagree. I just posted around 33 scriptures in support of everything shared with you in the last post you are quoting from that are in direct disagreement with you and you say there is nothing to support anything I said to you? Then prove your claim. The 33 scriptures in support of everything that has been shared with you is not nothing it is evidence that what you have said is not truth (John 17:17). If you disagree then prove that the scriptures shared with you do not support what I have posted. If you cannot then do not be like those who close their eyes and ears to hearing and seeing what the scriptures say word for word. Jesus and Paul would often quote Isaiah 6:8-9 to those people that closed their eyes and ears to seeing and hearing Gods Word. According to Jesus ignoring Gods Word does not make it disappear. The Words of God we accept or reject become our judge come judgement day see John 12:47-48 and Matthew 7:21-23.
As for Matthew 11:28--"Come unto me all you that labour and are heavy laden and I will give you rest"
Not only does Jesus Christ give you rest from your physical labour.
But your spiritual labour.
meaning of ( heavy laden)
From all your worries and cares of this life.
To Rest in Jesus Christ.
Put all your faith and trust and hope in Jesus Christ.
As posted earlier; no one enters into Christs rest if they do not believe and do what Gods asks them to do. We come to Jesus by believing His Word and we take His yoke upon us by obeying His Word (Matthew 11:28-30). Therefore by believing and obeying Gods Word we enter into His rest. See Hebrews 3:8-19; Hebrews 4:1-11. Therefore, no one rests in Christ if they are continuing to practice known unrepentant sin. According to the scriptures those who continue practicing known unrepentant sin do not know God let alone rest in him (see 1 John 2:3-4; 1 John 3:6-9). Sin (breaking Gods law) is the difference between those who know God and those who do not know God and the children of God and the children of the devil (see 1 John 3:6-10; 1 John 2:3-4; Revelation 12:17; Revelation 14:12 and Revelation 22:14) and practicing known unrepentant sin after God gives us a knowledge of the truth of His Word will keep all who practice it out of Gods kingdom according to Hebrews 10:26-31 and Matthew 7:21-23.

Take Care.

Last edited:

Faithofchristian

Your response here...

Lets talk detail and just not disagree without proving why you disagree. I just posted around 33 scriptures in support of everything shared with you in the last post you are quoting from that are in direct disagreement with you and you say there is nothing to support anything I said to you? Then prove your claim. The 33 scriptures in support of everything that has been shared with you is not nothing it is evidence that what you have said is not truth (John 17:17). If you disagree then prove that the scriptures shared with you do not support what I have posted. If you cannot then do not be like those who close their eyes and ears to hearing and seeing what the scriptures say word for word. Jesus and Paul would often quote Isaiah 6:8-9 to those people that closed their eyes and ears to seeing and hearing Gods Word. According to Jesus ignoring Gods Word does not make it disappear. The Words of God we accept or reject become our judge come judgement day see John 12:47-48 and Matthew 7:21-23.

As posted earlier; no one enters into Christs rest if they do not believe and do what Gods asks them to do. We come to Jesus by believing His Word and we take His yoke upon us by obeying His Word (Matthew 11:28-30). Therefore by believing and obeying Gods Word we enter into His rest. See Hebrews 3:8-19; Hebrews 4:1-11. Therefore, no one rests in Christ if they are continuing to practice known unrepentant sin. According to the scriptures those who continue practicing known unrepentant sin do not know God let alone rest in him (see 1 John 2:3-4; 1 John 3:6-9). Sin (breaking Gods law) is the difference between those who know God and those who do not know God and the children of God and the children of the devil (see 1 John 3:6-10; 1 John 2:3-4; Revelation 12:17; Revelation 14:12 and Revelation 22:14) and practicing known unrepentant sin after God gives us a knowledge of the truth of His Word will keep all who practice it out of Gods kingdom according to Hebrews 10:26-31 and Matthew 7:21-23.

Take Care.
When Jesus Christ said to come unto him and he will give you rest.
That means Jesus Christ will give you rest from your physical work and spiritual work that your heavy laden with.
Galatians 3:11--"But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith"

And that Faith being Jesus Christ our Faith.
If you believe your justified by keeping the Sabbath day.
As written above.
( But that No man is justified by the law in the sight of God.it is evidence, for, the just shall live by faith)
And that Faith being Jesus Christ.
Therefore you put your faith in Jesus Christ and not in the Sabbath day.

Faithofchristian

SUNDAY WORSHIP IS NOT THE LORD'S DAY

The term "the Lord's day" was used by some in the early Church as a reference to Sunday worship in celebration of the resurrection of Jesus. It comes from a scripture in the bible found in Revelation 1
  • REVELATION 1:10 10, I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet
The Greek words used for the day that JOHN was in the Spirit of is the for Lord's day are
  • REVELATION 1:10 εγενομην εν πνευματι εν τη κυριακη ημερα και ηκουσα οπισω μου φωνην μεγαλην ως σαλπιγγος
The word "κυριακη" (translit. "kuriake") is an Adjective - Dative - Singular - Feminine. This means it is being used as a 'possessive' as ownership or belonging to ("of", see 1 Corinthians 11:20, "the Lord's supper"), which means the "day" in context belongs to "the Lord". It is literally "the Lord's (belonging to) day". This means, that the "day" in context is uniquely "the Lord's" out of all the 7 days of the week, for the day under consideration is that which exists within the week, as a day which repeats weekly. This is extremely important, as those who incorrectly assume it to mean "the first [day] of the week" in lieu of Jesus' resurrection, cannot get a weekly occurrence out of a one-time event, in fulfillment of typology of the Firstfruit/Wavesheaf in Leviticus 23:9-14, as made known in 1 Corinthians 15:20,23

The problem here however is that there is not a single scripture that references Sunday or the first day of the week (bible names for the days of the week) to being "the Lords day" in scripture.

According to the scripture "the Lords day" however can be referenced to "the Sabbath day" of Gods' 4th commandment found in Exodus 20:8-11.

Letting the scriptures answer this question
  • WHAT DAY IS THE LORD'S DAY ACCORDING TO THE SCRIPTURES?
  • MATTHEW 12:8 FOR THE SON OF MAN IS LORD EVEN OF THE SABBATH DAY
This then promotes a bit of a dilemma for the Church as there is not a single scripture in all of the bible that days "the Lords day" from Revelation 1:10 is Sunday. Yet there is many scriptures referencing "the Lords day" or Gods' specific claims to ownership of any particular day to the Sabbath day that he blessed and set aside as a holy day of rest for a memorial of creation (see Genesis 2:1-3) and made one of Gods' 10 commandments (Exodus 20:8-11).

God's "ownership" of the Sabbath day or "Lord's day is also repeated elsewhere as "MY" (ownership of the day as in the Greek used in REVELATION 1:10 κυριακη). Other scriptures in the bible pointing to "the Lords day" as being the Sabbath day...
  • MATTHEW 12:8 FOR THE SON OF MAN IS LORD EVEN OF THE SABBATH DAY. (the Sabbath day is Lord's day)
  • ISAIAH 58:13-14 [13], If you turn away your foot from the SABBATH, from doing your pleasure on MY HOLY DAY (God's claim to ownership of the Sabbath day); and call the sabbath a delight, the holy of the LORD, honorable; and shall honor him, not doing your own ways, nor finding your own pleasure, nor speaking your own words: [14], Then shall you delight yourself in the LORD; and I will cause you to ride on the high places of the earth, and feed you with the heritage of Jacob your father: for the mouth of the LORD has spoken it.
  • LEVITICUS 19:30 You shall keep MY SABBATHS, (God's claim to ownership of the Sabbath day)and reverence my sanctuary: I am the LORD.
  • EZEKIEL 20:12 Moreover also I gave them MY SABBATHS, (God's claim to ownership of the Sabbath day) to be a sign between me and them, that they might know that I am the LORD that sanctify them.
κυριακῇ ἡμέρᾳ used in Revelations 1:10 is in reference to the Lord's ownership of the day. It does not say that this day is in reference to μιά των σαββάτων which means the FIRST DAY OF THE WEEK.

Your challenge here in this OP is to prove from the scriptures alone that the Lord's DAY is in reference to the First day of the week. If you cannot all you have is a teaching and tradition of men that is not supported in the scriptures. There is not a single scripture in all the bible that refers to Sunday as being "the Lords day".

May God bless you as you seek Him through His Word.
Wrong..
The Lord's day is the second coming of Jesus Christ.
And not no day, as you have been taught by mans teaching and doctrines in the churches.

3rdAngel

Wrong..
The Lord's day is the second coming of Jesus Christ.
And not no day, as you have been taught by mans teaching and doctrines in the churches.
WRONG! the bible disagrees with you but lets prove why if it might be helpful to you or others.
The term "the Lord's day" was used by some in the early Church as a reference to Sunday worship in celebration of the resurrection of Jesus. It comes from a scripture in the bible found in Revelation 1
  • REVELATION 1:10 10, I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet
The Greek words used for the day that JOHN was in the Spirit of is the for Lord's day are
  • REVELATION 1:10 εγενομην εν πνευματι εν τη κυριακη ημερα και ηκουσα οπισω μου φωνην μεγαλην ως σαλπιγγος
The word "κυριακη" (translit. "kuriake") is an Adjective - Dative - Singular - Feminine. This means it is being used as a 'possessive' as ownership or belonging to ("of", see 1 Corinthians 11:20, "the Lord's supper"), which means the "day" in context belongs to "the Lord". It is literally "the Lord's (belonging to) day". This means, that the "day" in context is uniquely "the Lord's" out of all the 7 days of the week, for the day under consideration is that which exists within the week, as a day which repeats weekly. This is extremely important, as those who incorrectly assume it to mean "the first [day] of the week" in lieu of Jesus' resurrection, cannot get a weekly occurrence out of a one-time event, in fulfillment of typology of the Firstfruit/Wavesheaf in Leviticus 23:9-14, as made known in 1 Corinthians 15:20,23

The problem here however is that there is not a single scripture that references Sunday or the first day of the week (bible names for the days of the week) to being "the Lords day" in scripture.

According to the scripture "the Lords day" however can be referenced to "the Sabbath day" of Gods' 4th commandment found in Exodus 20:8-11.

Letting the scriptures answer this question
  • WHAT DAY IS THE LORD'S DAY ACCORDING TO THE SCRIPTURES?
  • MATTHEW 12:8 FOR THE SON OF MAN IS LORD EVEN OF THE SABBATH DAY
This then promotes a bit of a dilemma for the Church as there is not a single scripture in all of the bible that days "the Lords day" from Revelation 1:10 is Sunday. Yet there is many scriptures referencing "the Lords day" or Gods' specific claims to ownership of any particular day to the Sabbath day that he blessed and set aside as a holy day of rest for a memorial of creation (see Genesis 2:1-3) and made one of Gods' 10 commandments (Exodus 20:8-11).

God's "ownership" of the Sabbath day or "Lord's day is also repeated elsewhere as "MY" (ownership of the day as in the Greek used in REVELATION 1:10 κυριακη). Other scriptures in the bible pointing to "the Lords day" as being the Sabbath day...
  • MATTHEW 12:8 FOR THE SON OF MAN IS LORD EVEN OF THE SABBATH DAY. (the Sabbath day is Lord's day)
  • ISAIAH 58:13-14 [13], If you turn away your foot from the SABBATH, from doing your pleasure on MY HOLY DAY (God's claim to ownership of the Sabbath day); and call the sabbath a delight, the holy of the LORD, honorable; and shall honor him, not doing your own ways, nor finding your own pleasure, nor speaking your own words: [14], Then shall you delight yourself in the LORD; and I will cause you to ride on the high places of the earth, and feed you with the heritage of Jacob your father: for the mouth of the LORD has spoken it.
  • LEVITICUS 19:30 You shall keep MY SABBATHS, (God's claim to ownership of the Sabbath day)and reverence my sanctuary: I am the LORD.
  • EZEKIEL 20:12 Moreover also I gave them MY SABBATHS, (God's claim to ownership of the Sabbath day) to be a sign between me and them, that they might know that I am the LORD that sanctify them.
κυριακῇ ἡμέρᾳ used in Revelations 1:10 is in reference to the Lord's ownership of the day. It does not say that this day is in reference to μιά των σαββάτων which means the FIRST DAY OF THE WEEK.

Your challenge here in this OP is to prove from the scriptures alone that the Lord's DAY is in reference to the First day of the week. If you cannot all you have is a teaching and tradition of men that is not supported in the scriptures. There is not a single scripture in all the bible that refers to Sunday as being "the Lords day".

Take Care.

3rdAngel

When Jesus Christ said to come unto him and he will give you rest.
That means Jesus Christ will give you rest from your physical work and spiritual work that your heavy laden with.
Galatians 3:11--"But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith"

And that Faith being Jesus Christ our Faith.
If you believe your justified by keeping the Sabbath day.
As written above.
( But that No man is justified by the law in the sight of God.it is evidence, for, the just shall live by faith)
And that Faith being Jesus Christ.
Therefore you put your faith in Jesus Christ and not in the Sabbath day.
Your just repeating yourself without responding to the bible that is in disagreement with you. As posted earlier; no one enters into Christs rest if they do not believe and do what Gods asks them to do. We come to Jesus by believing His Word and we take His yoke upon us by obeying His Word (Matthew 11:28-30). Therefore by believing and obeying Gods Word we enter into His rest. See Hebrews 3:8-19; Hebrews 4:1-11. Therefore, no one rests in Christ if they are continuing to practice known unrepentant sin. According to the scriptures those who continue practicing known unrepentant sin do not know God let alone rest in him (see 1 John 2:3-4; 1 John 3:6-9). Sin (breaking Gods law) is the difference between those who know God and those who do not know God and the children of God and the children of the devil (see 1 John 3:6-10; 1 John 2:3-4; Revelation 12:17; Revelation 14:12 and Revelation 22:14) and practicing known unrepentant sin after God gives us a knowledge of the truth of His Word will keep all who practice it out of Gods kingdom according to Hebrews 10:26-31 and Matthew 7:21-23.

Take Care.

Faithofchristian

Your just repeating yourself without responding to the bible that is in disagreement with you. As posted earlier; no one enters into Christs rest if they do not believe and do what Gods asks them to do. We come to Jesus by believing His Word and we take His yoke upon us by obeying His Word (Matthew 11:28-30). Therefore by believing and obeying Gods Word we enter into His rest. See Hebrews 3:8-19; Hebrews 4:1-11. Therefore, no one rests in Christ if they are continuing to practice known unrepentant sin. According to the scriptures those who continue practicing known unrepentant sin do not know God let alone rest in him (see 1 John 2:3-4; 1 John 3:6-9). Sin (breaking Gods law) is the difference between those who know God and those who do not know God and the children of God and the children of the devil (see 1 John 3:6-10; 1 John 2:3-4; Revelation 12:17; Revelation 14:12 and Revelation 22:14) and practicing known unrepentant sin after God gives us a knowledge of the truth of His Word will keep all who practice it out of Gods kingdom according to Hebrews 10:26-31 and Matthew 7:21-23.

Take Care.
You do realize your calling The Lord Jesus Christ a liar.
And not only that but your taking God's word to contradict God's word.
But then that's all typical of you false Christian's
Always going about calling God a liar.
The Lord Jesus Christ told you that he will give you rest.
But then you go trying to make Jesus Christ a liar.
But like I said that's all typical of you false Christian's always trying to make Jesus Christ into a liar.
you have a lot of explaining to do to Jesus Christ on Judgement day .
Just remember when talking about God's word, God has his angels recording every thing being said and done..
so on Judgement day you got a lot of explaining to do.

Matthew 12:36-37
36--"But I say unto you, that Every idle Word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment"

37--"For by your words you shalt be justified, and by your words you shalt be condemned"

Take Care.

3rdAngel

You do realize your calling The Lord Jesus Christ a liar.
And not only that but your taking God's word to contradict God's word.
But then that's all typical of you false Christian's
Always going about calling God a liar.
The Lord Jesus Christ told you that he will give you rest.
But then you go trying to make Jesus Christ a liar.
But like I said that's all typical of you false Christian's always trying to make Jesus Christ into a liar.
you have a lot of explaining to do to Jesus Christ on Judgement day .
Just remember when talking about God's word, God has his angels recording every thing being said and done..
so on Judgement day you got a lot of explaining to do.

Matthew 12:36-37
36--"But I say unto you, that Every idle Word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment"

37--"For by your words you shalt be justified, and by your words you shalt be condemned"
No. It is you calling Jesus Christ a liar. The Lord does not teach us anywhere in the bible that we receive His rest continuing to live a life in known unrepentant sin not believing and obeying what His Word says. We are to come to Him believing and obeying His Word repenting of our sins (see Proverbs 28:13; Acts 3:19), confessing our sins (1 John 1:9; Proverbs 28:13) and believing and following what His Word says (see John 3:36). This is what it means to come unto him and take up our cross and follow him (Matthew 11:28-30). In fact according to the scriptures, those who continue their lives in known unrepentant sin have no rest and are like a troubled sea when it cannot rest, whose waters cast up mire and dirt (Isaiah 57:20) and also says those who continue practicing sin when God gives us a knowledge of His Word will be lost in Hebrews 10:26-31. Read also Hebrews 3:8-19 that specifically tells us that no one enters into Gods rest when continuing to practice sin and unbelief. We come to Jesus by believing His Word and we take His yoke upon us by obeying His Word (Matthew 11:28-30). Therefore by believing and obeying Gods Word we enter into His rest. (See Hebrews 3:8-19; Hebrews 4:1-11). Therefore, no one rests in Christ if they are continuing to practice known unrepentant sin. According to the scriptures those who continue practicing known unrepentant sin do not know God let alone rest in him (see 1 John 2:3-4; 1 John 3:6-9). Sin (breaking Gods law) is the difference between those who know God and those who do not know God and the children of God and the children of the devil (see 1 John 3:6-10; 1 John 2:3-4; Revelation 12:17; Revelation 14:12 and Revelation 22:14) and practicing known unrepentant sin after God gives us a knowledge of the truth of His Word will keep all who practice it out of Gods kingdom according to Hebrews 10:26-31 and Matthew 7:21-23. You do err twisting the scriptures. If you would like some bible studies please feel free to let me know. Therefore I agree by your own words you shall be justified, and by your words you shalt be condemned" You provide your own words to justify sin defined in the scriptures as the transgression of Gods law and unbelief in His Word (1 John 3:4 and Romans 14:23) and not Gods Word therefore your argument is with God not me. Something to pray about.

Take Care.

Last edited:

Faithofchristian

No. It is you calling Jesus Christ a liar. The Lord does not teach us anywhere in the bible that we receive His rest continuing to live a life in known unrepentant sin not believing and obeying what His Word says. We are to come to Him believing and obeying His Word repenting of our sins (see Proverbs 28:13; Acts 3:19), confessing our sins (1 John 1:9; Proverbs 28:13) and believing and following what His Word says (see John 3:36). This is what it means to come unto him and take up our cross and follow him (Matthew 11:28-30). In fact according to the scriptures, those who continue their lives in known unrepentant sin have no rest and are like a troubled sea when it cannot rest, whose waters cast up mire and dirt (Isaiah 57:20) and also says those who continue practicing sin when God gives us a knowledge of His Word will be lost in Hebrews 10:26-31. Read also Hebrews 3:8-19 that specifically tells us that no one enters into Gods rest when continuing to practice sin and unbelief. We come to Jesus by believing His Word and we take His yoke upon us by obeying His Word (Matthew 11:28-30). Therefore by believing and obeying Gods Word we enter into His rest. (See Hebrews 3:8-19; Hebrews 4:1-11). Therefore, no one rests in Christ if they are continuing to practice known unrepentant sin. According to the scriptures those who continue practicing known unrepentant sin do not know God let alone rest in him (see 1 John 2:3-4; 1 John 3:6-9). Sin (breaking Gods law) is the difference between those who know God and those who do not know God and the children of God and the children of the devil (see 1 John 3:6-10; 1 John 2:3-4; Revelation 12:17; Revelation 14:12 and Revelation 22:14) and practicing known unrepentant sin after God gives us a knowledge of the truth of His Word will keep all who practice it out of Gods kingdom according to Hebrews 10:26-31 and Matthew 7:21-23. You do err twisting the scriptures. If you would like some bible studies please feel free to let me know. Therefore I agree by your own words you shall be justified, and by your words you shalt be condemned" You provide your own words to justify sin defined in the scriptures as the transgression of Gods law and unbelief in His Word (1 John 3:4 and Romans 14:23) and not Gods Word therefore your argument is with God not me. Something to pray about.

Take Care.
The Lord Jesus Christ fulfilled the Sabbath day bringing it to it's end.
Where we are now under the New testament scriptures sealed by the blood of Jesus Christ.
Where we now Rest in The Lord Jesus Christ and not on any day of the week no more.
If you go from the book of Acts to Revelation you will not find any command to keep the Sabbath day
And why is that. Because we now Rest in The Lord Jesus Christ.

As Jesus Christ said himself in
Matthew 11:28--"Come unto me all you that labour and are heavy laden and I will give you rest,"

Now what's so hard about that.
Of course you haven't got no common Sense.

3rdAngel

The Lord Jesus Christ fulfilled the Sabbath day bringing it to it's end.
Where we are now under the New testament scriptures sealed by the blood of Jesus Christ.
Where we now Rest in The Lord Jesus Christ and not on any day of the week no more.
If you go from the book of Acts to Revelation you will not find any command to keep the Sabbath day
And why is that. Because we now Rest in The Lord Jesus Christ.

As Jesus Christ said himself in
Matthew 11:28--"Come unto me all you that labour and are heavy laden and I will give you rest,"

Now what's so hard about that.
Of course you haven't got no common Sense.
Well none of that is true dear friend. Lets be honest now. Can you show me a single scripture in all the bible that says Gods 4th commandment has now been abolished and we are now commanded to keep Sunday as a holy day of rest in honor of the resurrection of Jesus and that Gods 4th commandment of the 10 commandments is fulfilled and brought to an end? Your peddling the lies and false teachings of lawlessness. If you have no scripture to support your teachings then twisting scripture to make it say things it does not say will not help you here. The bible simply does not teach what you are teaching. Where does it teach anywhere in the scriptures that Jesus fulfilled the law so that we no longer have to? Your teachings of lawlessness (without law) is not supported in the entire bible and is the very definition of what sin is in 1 John 3:4; James 2:10-11 and Romans 14:23.

As posted earlier no where in the entire bible does Jesus or anyone teach us anywhere in the bible that we receive Christs rest while we continue to live a life in known unrepentant sin not believing and obeying what His Word says. We are to come to Him believing and obeying His Word repenting of our sins (see Proverbs 28:13; Acts 3:19), confessing our sins (1 John 1:9; Proverbs 28:13) and believing and following what His Word says (see John 3:36). This is what it means to come unto him and take up our cross and follow him (Matthew 11:28-30). In fact according to the scriptures, those who continue their lives in known unrepentant sin have no rest and are like a troubled sea when it cannot rest, whose waters cast up mire and dirt (Isaiah 57:20) and also says those who continue practicing sin when God gives us a knowledge of His Word will be lost in Hebrews 10:26-31. Read also Hebrews 3:8-19 that specifically tells us that no one enters into Gods rest when continuing to practice sin and unbelief. We come to Jesus by believing His Word and we take His yoke upon us by obeying His Word (Matthew 11:28-30). Therefore by believing and obeying Gods Word we enter into His rest. (See Hebrews 3:8-19; Hebrews 4:1-11). Therefore, no one rests in Christ if they are continuing to practice known unrepentant sin.

According to the scriptures those who continue practicing known unrepentant sin do not know God let alone rest in him (see 1 John 2:3-4; 1 John 3:6-9). Sin (breaking Gods law) is the difference between those who know God and those who do not know God and the children of God and the children of the devil (see 1 John 3:6-10; 1 John 2:3-4; Revelation 12:17; Revelation 14:12 and Revelation 22:14) and practicing known unrepentant sin after God gives us a knowledge of the truth of His Word will keep all who practice it out of Gods kingdom according to Hebrews 10:26-31 and Matthew 7:21-23. You do err twisting the scriptures. If you would like some bible studies please feel free to let me know. Therefore I agree by your own words you shall be justified, and by your words you shalt be condemned" You provide your own words to justify sin defined in the scriptures as the transgression of Gods law and unbelief in His Word (1 John 3:4 and Romans 14:23) and not Gods Word therefore your argument is with God not me. Something to pray about.

You take Care now.

Last edited: