• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"THE LORD'S DAY IS THE SABBATH DAY NOT SUNDAY ACCORDING TO SCRIPTURES

3rdAngel

So then are you claiming you reached your conclusions by independent study of God's word instead of being taught?
Yes indeed. Asking Jesus to be my guide and teacher see John 7:17; John 14:26 and John 16:13. This is Gods Word and Gods promises to those who believe and obey His Word

Last edited:

3rdAngel

I believe your idea of God's word is not His idea of what should be.
Then you would need to prove your idea. So far all you have posted is your words disagreeing with the scriptures that have been shared with you (evidence). So your argument is with God not me.

Last edited:

3rdAngel

I believe one must have evidence that it is man made and I am sure there is none. I believe it is most likely that it comes form the Holy Spirit and therefore is only partially scriptural. I believe John refers to the Lord's day in Rev, 1:10.
The evidence (scriptures) has already been provided. You just simply chose to ignore it. According to the scriptures "the Lords day" or the day that God claims direct ownership and authority over is defined in the scriptures as the Sabbath day. The scriptures have already been provided in Matthew 12:8; Mark 2:27-28; Isaiah 58:13-14; Leviticus 19:30; Ezekiel 20:12 and Ezekiel 20:20. All these scriptures are evidence that "the Lords day" is the seventh day Sabbath day from Gods 10 commandments in Exodus 20. There is no scripture evidence linking any scripture to Sunday or the first day of the week being called "the Lords day" anywhere in the entire bible. Sunday worship in honor of the resurrection of Jesus is a man-made teaching and tradition that is unsupported by the scriptures and has led many away from God and His Word to break the commandments of God against the very warnings of Jesus in Matthew 15:3-9. We have all been taught lies in Sunday school.

Take Care.

Last edited:

3rdAngel

So after 2424 posts on 122 pages in summary there is not a single scripture in all the bible that says "the Lord's day" of Revelation 1:10 is Sunday or the first day of the week. According to the scriptures, "The Lord's day" in the Greek means the day that the Lord claims authority and and ownership over. The only day that the Lord God claims both authority and ownership over according to the old and new testament scripture is the seventh day Sabbath commandment of the 10 commandments. (see Matthew 12:8; Mark 2:27-28; Isaiah 58:13-14; Leviticus 19:30; Ezekiel 20:12 and Ezekiel 20:20. We have all been taught lies at Sunday school.

Take Care.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
So after 2424 posts on 122 pages in summary there is not a single scripture in all the bible that says "the Lord's day" of Revelation 1:10 is Sunday or the first day of the week. According to the scriptures, "The Lord's day" in the Greek means the day that the Lord claims authority and and ownership over. The only day that the Lord God claims both authority and ownership over according to the old and new testament scripture is the seventh day Sabbath commandment of the 10 commandments. (see Matthew 12:8; Mark 2:27-28; Isaiah 58:13-14; Leviticus 19:30; Ezekiel 20:12 and Ezekiel 20:20. We have all been taught lies at Sunday school.

Take Care.
Nor is there any scripture that says the Lord's Day is Saturday. Again, you have to go to extra-biblical Christian sources to find the answer.

3rdAngel

Nor is there any scripture that says the Lord's Day is Saturday. Again, you have to go to extra-biblical Christian sources to find the answer.
We are talking about the Sabbath being "the Lords day" our time Friday sunset to Saturday sunset or in bible time the seventh day of the week, not Saturday. Perhaps spend some time reading what you are responding to before posting. Gods Word disagrees with your words that are not Gods.. see all the scriptures from Matthew 12:8; Mark 2:27-28; Isaiah 58:13-14; Leviticus 19:30; Ezekiel 20:12 and Ezekiel 20:20 already posted from both the old and new testament that proved that the day God claims ownership and authority over is the Sabbath day. So to claim there is no scripture that says that the Sabbath day is "the Lords day" is simply not truthful at all according to the scriptures...... e.g.

What day is the Lord's day?

Matthew 12:8 The Son of man is Lord of the Sabbath day.

Take Care.

Last edited:

IndigoChild5559

We are talking about the Sabbath being "the Lords day" our time Friday sunset to Saturday sunset or in bible time the seventh day of the week, not Saturday. Perhaps spend some time reading what you are responding to before posting. Gods Word disagrees with your words that are not Gods.. see all the scriptures from Matthew 12:8; Mark 2:27-28; Isaiah 58:13-14; Leviticus 19:30; Ezekiel 20:12 and Ezekiel 20:20 already posted from both the old and new testament that proved that the day God claims ownership and authority over is the Sabbath day. So to claim there is no scripture that says that the Sabbath day is "the Lords day" is simply not truthful at all according to the scriptures...... e.g.

What day is the Lord's day?

Matthew 12:8 The Son of man is Lord of the Sabbath day.

Take Care.
You keep referring us to verses that don't mention the Lord's day. There is in fact only one verse which mentions the Lord's Day, and it doesn't identify which day of the week it is. You have no choice but to go to extra-biblical Christian documents to fine out which day it is.

3rdAngel

You keep referring us to verses that don't mention the Lord's day. There is in fact only one verse which mentions the Lord's Day, and it doesn't identify which day of the week it is. You have no choice but to go to extra-biblical Christian documents to fine out which day it is.
Your probably better off to do some more research before posting here as it is clear that you do not understand Greek, and Christian church history and application and use of the term "the Lords day" which is a reference used by some in the early Church well after the death of Jesus and all the Apostles to try and justify the change of Gods seventh day Sabbath commandment to Sunday the first day of the week in honor of the resurrection of Jesus. Here let me help.

"The Lord's day" from Revelation 1:10 of the new testament, is commonly referred to by mainstream Christianity today and after the death of the Apostles, as Sunday in honor of the resurrection of Jesus. This tradition and teaching however has no scriptural connection. It is simply a man-made teaching and tradition that is unsupported by scripture.

Please pay attention;
  • REVELATION 1:10 εγενομην εν πνευματι εν τη κυριακη ημερα και ηκουσα οπισω μου φωνην μεγαλην ως σαλπιγγος
The word "κυριακη" (translit. "kuriake") is an Adjective - Dative - Singular - Feminine. This means it is being used as a 'possessive' as ownership or belonging to ("of", see 1 Corinthians 11:20, "the Lord's supper"), which means the "day" in context belongs to "the Lord". It is literally "the Lord's (belonging to) day". This means, that the "day" in context is uniquely "the Lord's" out of all the 7 days of the week, for the day under consideration is that which exists within the week, as a day which repeats weekly. This is extremely important, as those who incorrectly assume it to mean "the first [day] of the week" in lieu of Jesus' resurrection, cannot get a weekly occurrence out of a one-time event, in fulfillment of typology of the Firstfruit/Wavesheaf in Leviticus 23:9-14, as made known in 1 Corinthians 15:20, 23

The problem here however is that there is not a single scripture that references Sunday or the first day of the week (bible names for the days of the week) to being "the Lords day" in scripture. According to the scripture "the Lords day" however can be referenced to "the Sabbath day" of Gods' 4th commandment found in Exodus 20:8-11.

Letting the scriptures answer this question

WHAT DAY IS THE LORD'S DAY ACCORDING TO THE SCRIPTURES?
  • MATTHEW 12:8 FOR THE SON OF MAN IS LORD OF THE SABBATH DAY
This then promotes a bit of a dilemma for the Church as there is not a single scripture in all of the bible that days "the Lords day" from Revelation 1:10 is Sunday. Yet there is many scriptures referencing "the Lords day" or Gods' specific claims to ownership of any particular day to the Sabbath day that he blessed and set aside as a holy day of rest for a memorial of creation (see Genesis 2:1-3) and made one of Gods' 10 commandments (Exodus 20:8-11).

God's "ownership" of the Sabbath day or "Lord's day is also repeated elsewhere as "MY" (ownership of the day as in the Greek used in REVELATION 1:10 κυριακη). Other scriptures in the bible pointing to "the Lords day" as being the Sabbath day...
  • MATTHEW 12:8 FOR THE SON OF MAN IS LORD EVEN OF THE SABBATH DAY. (the Sabbath day is Lord's day)
  • ISAIAH 58:13-14 [13], If you turn away your foot from the SABBATH, from doing your pleasure on MY HOLY DAY (God's claim to ownership of the Sabbath day); and call the sabbath a delight, the holy of the LORD, honorable; and shall honor him, not doing your own ways, nor finding your own pleasure, nor speaking your own words: [14], Then shall you delight yourself in the LORD; and I will cause you to ride on the high places of the earth, and feed you with the heritage of Jacob your father: for the mouth of the LORD has spoken it.
  • LEVITICUS 19:30 You shall keep MY SABBATHS, (God's claim to ownership of the Sabbath day)and reverence my sanctuary: I am the LORD.
  • EZEKIEL 20:12 Moreover also I gave them MY SABBATHS, (God's claim to ownership of the Sabbath day) to be a sign between me and them, that they might know that I am the LORD that sanctify them.
κυριακῇ ἡμέρᾳ used in Revelations 1:10 is in reference to the Lord's ownership of the day. It does not say that this day is in reference to μιά των σαββάτων which means the FIRST DAY OF THE WEEK.

Your challenge here in this OP is to prove from the scriptures alone that the Lord's DAY is in reference to the First day of the week. If you cannot all you have is a teaching and tradition of men that is not supported in the scriptures. There is not a single scripture in all the bible that refers to Sunday as being "the Lords day" yet as proven above and in this OP there are many scriptures in the old and new testament that show Gods claims to ownership and authority over the Sabbath day and Jesus himself claiming he is Lord of the Sabbath day.

You are welcome.

Last edited:

IndigoChild5559

Your probably better off to do some more research before posting here
I've done extensive research. Your insults and an patronization of me is really NOT an effective strategy to get me to read your posts. I simply deleted the whole thing.

There is no need for answers that are pages long. It's very simple. There is only one place in the bible where "the Lord's Day" is mentioned, and that place does not identify which day of the week it is on. You try to obfuscate by citing all sorts of verses that never mention the Lord's Day. You cannot win the argument that. way. The writings of the Apostolic Fathers makes it clear that in the early church, they gave up keeping the Sabbath and met on Sunday.

3rdAngel

I've done extensive research. Your insults and an patronization of me is really NOT an effective strategy to get me to read your posts. I simply deleted the whole thing.

There is no need for answers that are pages long. It's very simple. There is only one place in the bible where "the Lord's Day" is mentioned, and that place does not identify which day of the week it is on. You try to obfuscate by citing all sorts of verses that never mention the Lord's Day. You cannot win the argument that. way. The writings of the Apostolic Fathers makes it clear that in the early church, they gave up keeping the Sabbath and met on Sunday.
It is not insulting or patronizing you dear friend by providing scripture to you that does not agree with you and was only provided in good faith for your correction. They are Gods Words not mine. What you choose to believe is up to you and between you and God. Believe what ever you like. We all answer only to God come judgement day according to Jesus in John 12:47-48. I do not judge you.
  • 2 Timothy 3:16 16, All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness.
  • John 12:47-48 47, And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world. 48, He that rejects me, and receives not my words, hath one that judges him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.
The rest if your posts was directly answered in post # 2428 linked with the scriptures and Greek meaning of Revelation 1:10 (the Lords day) that you simply choose to close your eyes to and ignore so nothing more to add here accept to say to you, for me when the Greek meaning of the scripture is in dispute from Revelation 1:10 in the term and meaning of "the Lords day" (τη κυριακη ημερα) which literally means the day that the Lord claims direct ownership over and that Jesus in His own words claims to be the Lord of the Sabbath day in Matthew 12:8 (the Lords day) and God all through the old testament scriptures claims direct ownership and authority over the Sabbath day (the Lords day), these are Gods Words not mine and settles everything for me. On the other hand as posted earlier there is no reference to Jesus of God claiming any ownership over the first day of the week anywhere in the entire bible or any scripture to support such a tradition or teaching.

You have been provided scripture in disagreement with you dear friend in good faith for your correction. Receive Gods Word and be blessed. We should be careful because ignoring Gods Word does not make it disappear. According to the scriptures the words of God we choose to accept of reject become our judge come judgement day. I will leave it between you and God to work through and we will agree to disagree. I prefer what the scriptures teach.

Take Care now.

Last edited:

3rdAngel

Again, quoting verses that do not mention the Lord's Day simply wastes your time and mine.
Not telling the truth is wasting your time and mine. As posted earlier "the Lords day" is in reference to the Lords ownership of the day. So "the Lords day" is identified in the scriptures as the day that God claims ownership over.

WHAT DAY DOES GOD CLAIM OWNERSHIP OVER?
  • MATTHEW 12:8 FOR THE SON OF MAN IS LORD EVEN OF THE SABBATH DAY. (the Sabbath day is Lord's day)
  • ISAIAH 58:13-14 [13], If you turn away your foot from the SABBATH, from doing your pleasure on MY HOLY DAY (God's claim to ownership of the Sabbath day); and call the sabbath a delight, the holy of the LORD, honorable; and shall honor him, not doing your own ways, nor finding your own pleasure, nor speaking your own words: [14], Then shall you delight yourself in the LORD; and I will cause you to ride on the high places of the earth, and feed you with the heritage of Jacob your father: for the mouth of the LORD has spoken it.
  • LEVITICUS 19:30 You shall keep MY SABBATHS, (God's claim to ownership of the Sabbath day)and reverence my sanctuary: I am the LORD.
  • EZEKIEL 20:12 Moreover also I gave them MY SABBATHS, (God's claim to ownership of the Sabbath day) to be a sign between me and them, that they might know that I am the LORD that sanctify them.
Just be honest. Matthew 12:8 says verbatim, that Jesus is Lord of the Sabbath day. Oh wait yea that would put you in a difficult situation right? You do not believe Jesus is the Messiah.

Take Care.

Last edited:

IndigoChild5559

Not telling the truth is wasting your time and mine.
Again, I scan your post, and see notbhing but a lot of Scripture citations for verses that say nothing about the Lord's Day. Do you think I waste my time reading your nonsense? No, I don't. I simply delete it all.

Please do not continue sending me posts with these irrelevant verses. I'm only going to continue deleting them.

3rdAngel

Again, I scan your post, and see notbhing but a lot of Scripture citations for verses that say nothing about the Lord's Day. Do you think I waste my time reading your nonsense? No, I don't. I simply delete it all. Please do not continue sending me posts with these irrelevant verses. I'm only going to continue deleting them.
As posted earlier "the Lords day" in the Koine Greek is in reference to the Lords ownership of the day. So "the Lords day" is identified in the scriptures as the day that God claims ownership over.

Just be honest. If you have no scripture to support your teachings just say so. We will agree to disagree.

Take Care.

Last edited:

IndigoChild5559

As posted earlier "the Lords day" is in reference to the Lords ownership of the day. So "the Lords day" is identified in the scriptures as the day that God claims ownership over.
Nope. All days belong to God. Again more irrelevant verses. Again, I delete without reading. You really like to waste time. Don't you have a life?

3rdAngel

Nope. All days belong to God. Again more irrelevant verses. Again, I delete without reading. You really like to waste time. Don't you have a life?
Nope. God made every day but the only day that God claims direct authority and ownership over with mankind, because of creation and because it is one of Gods 10 commandments is the Sabbath day according to the scriptures.

Again, as posted earlier "the Lords day" in the Koine Greek is in reference to the Lords ownership of the day. So "the Lords day" is identified in the scriptures as the day that God claims ownership over.

Now show me a single scripture in all the bible showing God claims ownership and authority over Sunday? You are probably better to read what is being posted to you before responding. How can you respond to the post content that is in disagreement with you if you do not read what is written to you. I remember in the scriptures in Isaiah 6:8-9 there is a message from God for those who do this kind of thing. It is worth reading.

You cannot can you.

Last edited:

3rdAngel

Again, irrelevant verses. again, deleted without reading.
Ok prove to me how the scriptures I have provided are irrelevant and respond to this post and prove what you say. I will start but proving why everyone of those scriptures I posted are relevant. You prove to me why they are not relevant if you disagree from the scriptures.

All the scriptures posted to you earlier are directly relevant because in identifying what day the Lords day is because...
  1. The meaning of the Koine Greek from "the Lords day" (τη κυριακη ημερα) literally means the day that the Lord claims direct ownership over.
  2. Any scripture that shows what day the Lord claims both authority and ownership over is "the Lords day".
  3. Matthew 12:8 and Mark 2:28 directly state Jesus is Lord of the Sabbath day in the new testament scriptures (Rev 1:10 is NT scripture).
  4. Isaiah 58:13-14; Lev. 19:30 and Ezekiel 20:12; 20 from the OT all state Gods direct claim of ownership over the Sabbath day.
  5. There is no other scripture in all the bible where God claims ownership over with man in regards to any other day of the week.
  6. The only day identified in the scriptures as "the Lords day" is the Sabbath day.
  7. Every scripture quoted to you has to do with Gods ownership and authority of the day and is identified as being the Sabbath day (the Lords day).
Now off you go. You are given 7 reasons of proof and supporting scripture evidence including the Koine Greek meaning of Rev. 1:10 as shown above proving why every one of the scriptures I have posted earlier are directly relevant and prove from the scriptures that the Sabbath day is defined in the scriptures alone as being "the Lords day". If you disagree you will need to prove from the scriptures why those seven points above taken from scripture alone are as you say "irrelevant"? If you cannot why do you deny Gods Words with your words? According to the scriptures, only Gods Word is true and we should believe and follow them according to Romans 3:4 and all you bring to this discussion is your words disagreeing with Gods. Something to pray about.

Take Care.

Last edited:

3rdAngel

They are irrelevant because they do not mention the Lord's Day.
So that is a no then? You are unable to address the post and the scripture content you are quoting from that is in disagreement with you because it exposes what you say as having no truth in it. Do those scriptures mention the day that Jesus and God claims direct ownership and authority over as the Lords day? Yes or No?

Last edited: