• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"THE LORD'S DAY IS THE SABBATH DAY NOT SUNDAY ACCORDING TO SCRIPTURES

samtonga43

You also ran away from the question about if you are playing silly fanfiction games. It appears that you are. That makes the whole thread an automatic loss for you.

Can I answer your question?
No, she/he is not playing silly fanfiction games.
Finish this sentence: “How things appear to me is not ……………………..

Your last sentence is, therefore, a strawman.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Here is what I said:
"Do you mean my claim that Soapy is your acolyte? If so, I am hoping that you will discern the truth of my claim for yourself. My advice is to get some sleep; it will clear your head. :)"

Please answer my question rather than running away.
I did. I don't believe what you claimed in that post. That was an answer. I can no longer trust your posts.

Can you discuss properly without false personal attacks? If you can then perhaps we can have a discussion.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Can I answer your question?
No, she/he is not playing silly fanfiction games.
Finish this sentence: “How things appear to me is not ……………………..

Your last sentence is, therefore, a strawman.
I disagree. He pretty much admitted that he is. And no, you are very limited in the ability to question right now. I may answer, I may not. Right now Ito me it appears that you are not being an honest interlocutor. That makes discussions rather pointless.

3rdAngel

My supposedly being nonresponsive is not evidence for your claims. It only showed that I did not care about your past lost arguments.
Well for most people here it shows you do not know how to debate if you cannot address the post content and the scriptures provided in them that disagree with you and your not willing to address these posts that are in disagreement with you. Deflecting with false claims and accusations you are unable to prove when challenged only highlights this further showing you are simply running away from the discussion. I have tried to help you see this through out our discussions here but you are unwilling to be corrected for some reason. Your actions here only prove you lose because your running away and not willing to have a discussion sadly.
Meanwhile, when it comes to you running away from arguments that do matter let me remind you of: 1 Peter 3 15
This is a good example here. You are making false claims and accusations again you are not able to prove. I have asked you many times now to post me a single link where I have 1. not addressed your post content; 2. What is it in 1 Peter 3:15 you believe I have not responded to; or 3. Post me a link to the post you are talking about in case I missed it so we can discuss it. You have done neither which only shows once more you are making false claims and accusations you cannot prove as a distraction to the discussion and your unwilling to enter into a discussion and you have no evidence for what you say. Once more it only shows you running away. You have already lost here dear friend and others can see it.

Last edited:

3rdAngel

3rdAngel said: Your projecting again and not telling the truth SZ. It is you who is running away from the discussion. It you you not willing to address post and scripture content that is in disagreement with you as proven in post # 602 linked and post # 642 linked. It is you dear friend that has no evidence to support any of your false claims and accusations and when challenged continue to run away from the discussion. That is why I love chatting with you. Its also funny now that others can see it as well. :)
Your response here...
Nope, I don't care about scripture right now. You are too afraid to even discuss the rules we need to follow. That is one reason that you have lost.
If you do not care about scripture how can you enter a scripture debate. It is clear from our discussions you do not understand the scriptures that have been shared with you which is why you cannot discuss them when shown from the scriptures why your understanding of them is in error. This only shows you lose dear friend and are projecting your loss.
If you are afraid to participate properly then you cannot claim that others are running away.
You are projecting again and deflecting with false claims and accusations that disagrees with the evidence that proves your claims here untruthful as shown many times now in post # 602 linked and post # 642 linked. You cannot argue against the evidence proven against you here which is why you deflect with untruthful comments and run away from the discussion.
Besides you running away from the question about: 1 Peter 3 15 You also ran away from the question about if you are playing silly fanfiction games. It appears that you are. That makes the whole thread an automatic loss for you.
As posted earlier prove your claims with evidence. I have asked you many times now to post the link where I have not addressed you in regards to 1 Peter 3:15 and you provide nothing. I also asked you what is it in 1 Peter 3:15 that you think I did not respond to. You provide nothing to discuss. I am not interested in addressing your false claims and accusations so if you are able to prove your claims prove them. If you cannot than what do you have to support your view? - Yep nothing, which means you lose.

3rdAngel

3rdAngel said: I agree that two or more people can come to the same conclusions independently, just like all those throughout this thread that all agree your projecting, while making false claims and accusations you are unable to prove when challenged as a distraction because you are unable address the content of the posts that are in disagreement with you. Sadly this is why you have been running away from the discussion here.
Your response here...
No, only you and one other that also refuses to debate properly came to that conclusion. Did you not notice that everyone else dropped you? This thread was dead. Others could see that you would not enter into a proper discussion.
You do make me smile though even if there is no truth to anything that you say here :).

3rdAngel

3rdAngel

What things 'seem' like to you often bear no resemblance to how things are. Sorry, but you still miss my point completely.
Exactly sis. Its a testimony to the fact that if others can see and and he cannot that perhaps something might be wrong. But would rather pretend He is right than to acknowledge that he might be wrong here. You know what they say right? You can lead a horse to water...... If we close our eyes and ears to seeing and hearing what is truth if does not make what is truthful disappear right? Thanks for sharing and good observation.

3rdAngel

Ha! But as I say, how things appear to you often bear no resemblance to how things are. Just because you don't get the point doesn't mean it is not there to be 'got'.
Thanks I am enjoying watching your discussion with SZ. The funny thing is though he is still not getting it. I think it is because in his mind he wants to be right at all cost than to acknowledge he is simply wrong and receive helpful correction sadly.

3rdAngel

No, you had no point. You can't make your point. All you have are false accusations.
Actually the false accusations are your side SZ not hers more than one person in this OP has already tried to point this out to you now and we have even provided discussion evidence as a help in post # 602 linked and post # 642 linked but you would rather close your eyes and ears to receiving any help from other and admitting your mistakes and errors here. No one can change what they do not acknowledge. What has been shared with you here has only been shared as a help to you.

3rdAngel

No confusion on my part. The post to which you were responding is to do with projection, not 'running away'.

SZ said
: “Sorry, you do not understand what projecting is. Try again”.
Third Angel replied: Well that is not true. Others can also see it even if you cannot (see post # 1006 linked)
I agree sis the confusion is not on your part. That is why SZ makes me smile alot. He cannot see or does not want to acknowledge when he is wrong and projects and deflects :)

3rdAngel

It does not matter what false claims that he makes.. He was still trying to find any excuse that the could not to answer the questions that he refuses to answer. You got taken in by a smoke screen. He knows that I do not play his silly games of posting links without context and claiming that they are "evidence".
Just more projecting, deny rinse and repeat without addressing any of the post content that is in disagreement with you. - You lose by running away from the discussion dear friend and refusing to receive correction :)

3rdAngel

Evidence of my 'false claim'?
And here is the key sis. Every time he makes false claims and accusation he will simply run away when asked to prove His claims because he is unable to prove what he says. So his chatting style is all about projecting what others tell him and deflecting with false claims and accusations he cannot prove. Good response.

3rdAngel

Soapy is not my acolyte. He is not my follower. Let me ask you think question. Are you 3rdAnglels' acolyte? And nice attempt to shift the burden of proof. You made a claim that you could not support. You were given quite a few opportunities. Instead you are trying to play the same silly games that 3rd is.
Soapy is your acolyte. He does the same as you in not addressing post content, making false claims and accusations as a deflection and then runs away when asked to prove his claims. He is your disciple. Others can see it even if you cannot.

Last edited:

3rdAngel

LOL! Now there is some massive projection. Since he cannot follow the reasonable rules of debate I have tried to engage him in setting some up. He cooperated at first and then ran away when he would not be able to use his improper methods any more. You do not appear to be any better. When questions are asked of you you do not tend to answer either. You both like to run away.

If you want a debate I am all up for it. There are some of your beliefs that appear to be very questionable. Yet I never see you answering those questions.

Soapy is a literalist, but he can recognize improper debating technique when it is used against him.

Simply referring back to old arguments with links never is "evidence" it only shows that people disagree. Linking is only one small part of a proper debate. One must also quote relevant parts from that link and explain why they are right or wrong. Have you ever seen 3rd do this? I do not remember you ever doing that either.

You are projecting again @samtonga43 which is only proving our points to you SZ :)

Last edited:

Soapy

Son of his Father: The Heir and Prince
Your response here...

So that is a no? You have no scripture to support your view do you. There is no scripture that says anywhere in the bible that Gods' 4th commandment has now been abolished and we are now commanded to keep Sunday as a holy day of rest in honor of the resurrection. I gather from your responses you are not even reading the posts and the scriptures share in them that are in disagreement with you. I can also see your unwillingness to address and of the post content shared with you and the scriptures provided in these posted that are in disagreement with you because they prove why you understanding of the scriptures are in error. What we are discussing btw is known unrepentant sin which is defined in the scriptures as not believing and following what Gods' Word says and breaking anyone of Gods' 10 commandments of which Gods 4th commandment is a part of (see James 4:7; Romans 14:23; James 2:10-11; Exodus 20:8-11). According to Acts 17:30-31 and Hebrews 10:26-31 in times of ignorance when we do not know any better God does not hold us accountable for sin until he gives us a knowledge of what sin is through His Word. At this time when God gives us a knowledge of the truth of His Word, He calls us to believe and follow what His Word says. At this time if we choose to turn away from Gods' Word in unbelief in order to continue in known unrepentant sin according to the scriptures there remains no more sacrifice for sin (no forgiveness) but a fearful looking forward to of the judgement to come which shall devour the adversaries. These scriptures are fulfilled this day in your ears. Its not too late however, to believe and follow what Gods' Word says but one day it will be. Therefore dear friend you should consider your future and ask yourself the question what if? What if your wrong and sinning against God by breaking His 4th commandment. (James 2:10-11; Romans 3:20; Romans 7:7; 1 John 3:4)

Take Care.
I have told you a number of times that there is now no demand for a CORPORATE SABBATH worship since SABBATH means ‘Rest’ and people now work in such ways that their REST DAY can be any day of the week. The Jews were one united group of people who held to one exact law. They worked THE SAME SIX DAYS and rested on THE SAME ONE DAY:
  • Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days shall you labor, and do all your work: but the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD your God…For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is” (Ex. 20:8-11)
How is this law to be applied to Gentiles who did not follow the ways of the Jews?

Well, Jesus told the Samaritan woman that a time was coming when worship would no longer be on the mountain nor in the temple BUT IN THE HEARTS AND MINDS of believers (‘In Spirit and Truth’).

And in addition to that, Emperor Constantine instituted the law on Roman Catholic Christians that WORSHIP (or call it, the Sabbath day worship) should be on the day of the ceremony dedicated to the Roman Sun God - hence SUN-day, which was on the FIRST DAY OF THE WEEK for Jews.

But, as a direct point: Your question asks for PROOF FROM THE SCRIPTURES that the Jewish Sabbath has been abolished….

Well, OF COURSE IT IS NOT IN THE SCRIPTURES.

The Scriptures were laid out long before Constantine instituted SUNDAY as the day of corporate Christian worship.

But you seem not to be able to incorporate the saying of Jesus that, in time to come worship would not be as it was then, with the integration of the Gentiles into the people of God, and Constantine’s institution of non-Jewish-sabbath day worship.

In fact, because worship is in the heart and mind… ANY DAY CAN BE SOMEONE’S SABBATH… and in such a way people who cannot attend a CORPORATE WORSHIP ceremony CAN WORSHIP WHENEVER AND WHEREVER IS REVERENT TO GOD.

As such there is no MILLSTONE around anyone’s neck about what they would call THEIR SABBATH DAY… their day of rest in which they do good and worship God.

3rdAngel

I have told you a number of times that there is now no demand for a CORPORATE SABBATH worship since SABBATH means ‘Rest’ and people now work in such ways that their REST DAY can be any day of the week. The Jews were one united group of people who held to one exact law. They worked THE SAME SIX DAYS and rested on THE SAME ONE DAY:
  • Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days shall you labor, and do all your work: but the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD your God…For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is” (Ex. 20:8-11)
How is this law to be applied to Gentiles who did not follow the ways of the Jews?

Well, Jesus told the Samaritan woman that a time was coming when worship would no longer be on the mountain nor in the temple BUT IN THE HEARTS AND MINDS of believers (‘In Spirit and Truth’).

And in addition to that, Emperor Constantine instituted the law on Roman Catholic Christians that WORSHIP (or call it, the Sabbath day worship) should be on the day of the ceremony dedicated to the Roman Sun God - hence SUN-day, which was on the FIRST DAY OF THE WEEK for Jews.

But, as a direct point: Your question asks for PROOF FROM THE SCRIPTURES that the Jewish Sabbath has been abolished….

The Scriptures were laid out long before Constantine instituted SUNDAY as the day of corporate Christian worship.

But you seem not to be able to incorporate the saying of Jesus that, in time to come worship would not be as it was then, with the integration of the Gentiles into the people of God, and Constantine’s institution of non-Jewish-sabbath day worship.

In fact, because worship is in the heart and mind… ANY DAY CAN BE SOMEONE’S SABBATH… and in such a way people who cannot attend a CORPORATE WORSHIP ceremony CAN WORSHIP WHENEVER AND WHEREVER IS REVERENT TO GOD.

As such there is no MILLSTONE around anyone’s neck about what they would call THEIR SABBATH DAY… their day of rest in which they do good and worship God.
So that is a no than right? You have no scripture to support your view do you. There is no scripture that says anywhere in the bible that Gods' 4th commandment has now been abolished and we are now commanded to keep Sunday as a holy day of rest in honor of the resurrection. I gather from your responses you are not even reading the posts and the scriptures share in them that are in disagreement with you. I can also see your unwillingness to address and of the post content shared with you and the scriptures provided in these posted that are in disagreement with you because they prove why you understanding of the scriptures are in error. What we are discussing btw is known unrepentant sin which is defined in the scriptures as not believing and following what Gods' Word says and breaking anyone of Gods' 10 commandments of which Gods 4th commandment is a part of (see James 4:7; Romans 14:23; James 2:10-11; Exodus 20:8-11). According to Acts 17:30-31 and Hebrews 10:26-31 in times of ignorance when we do not know any better God does not hold us accountable for sin until he gives us a knowledge of what sin is through His Word. At this time when God gives us a knowledge of the truth of His Word, He calls us to believe and follow what His Word says. At this time if we choose to turn away from Gods' Word in unbelief in order to continue in known unrepentant sin according to the scriptures there remains no more sacrifice for sin (no forgiveness) but a fearful looking forward to of the judgement to come which shall devour the adversaries. These scriptures are fulfilled this day in your ears. Its not too late however, to believe and follow what Gods' Word says but one day it will be. Therefore dear friend you should consider your future and ask yourself the question what if? What if your wrong and sinning against God by breaking His 4th commandment. (James 2:10-11; Romans 3:20; Romans 7:7; 1 John 3:4). Did you want to try addressing the post you are quoting from now Soapy that is in disagreement with you? Lets be honest, you have no scripture to support your view now do you Soapy which is why you do not respond to the post content and the scriptures provided that are in disagreement with you.

Last edited:

3rdAngel

The Scriptures were laid out long before Constantine instituted SUNDAY as the day of corporate Christian worship. But you seem not to be able to incorporate the saying of Jesus that, in time to come worship would not be as it was then, with the integration of the Gentiles into the people of God, and Constantine’s institution of non-Jewish-sabbath day worship. In fact, because worship is in the heart and mind… ANY DAY CAN BE SOMEONE’S SABBATH… and in such a way people who cannot attend a CORPORATE WORSHIP ceremony CAN WORSHIP WHENEVER AND WHEREVER IS REVERENT TO GOD. As such there is no MILLSTONE around anyone’s neck about what they would call THEIR SABBATH DAY… their day of rest in which they do good and worship God.
So we are agreed there is no scripture that says Gods' 4th commandment of the 10 commandments has now been abolished and we are now commanded to keep Sunday as a holy day of rest in honor of the resurrection which we also agree is a man-made teaching and tradition that came well after Jesus and the Apostles and the scriptures of the bible. So are you not worried about the very warnings of Jesus in Matthew 15:3-9 here it is written...
  • Matthew 15:3-9 3, But he answered and said unto them, WHY DO YE ALSO TRANSGRESS THE COMMANDMENT OF GOD BY YOUR TRADITION? 4, FOR GOD COMMANDED, SAYING, HONOR THY FATHER AND MOTHER: AND, HE THAT CURSES FATHER OR MOTHER, LET HIM DIE THE DEATH. 5, BUT YE SAY, WHOSOEVER SHALL SAY TO HIS FATHER OR HIS MOTHER, IT IS A GIFT, BY WHATSOEVER YOU MIGHT BE PROFITED BY ME; 6, AND HONOR NOT HIS FATHER OR HIS MOTHER, HE SHALL BE FREE. THUS HAVE YE MADE THE COMMANDMENT OF GOD OF NONE EFFECT BY YOUR TRADITION. 7, YE HYPOCRITES, WELL DID ESAIAS PROPHESY OF YOU, SAYING, 8, THIS PEOPLE DRAWS NIGH UNTO ME WITH THEIR MOUTH, AND HONORS ME WITH THEIR LIPS; BUT THEIR HEART IS FAR FROM ME. 9, BUT IN VAIN THEY DO WORSHIP ME, TEACHING FOR DOCTRINES THE COMMANDMENTS OF MEN.
So tell me if we break the commandments of God in order to follow man made teachings and traditions that lead us away from what Gods' Word says to break the commandments of God are we worshiping God according to the warnings that Jesus gave above?

According to the scriptures God's word defines what day the Sabbath day is in God's 4th commandment which is one of Gods' 10 commandments that give us the knowledge in the new covenant of what sin is when disobeyed (see Romans 3:20; Romans 7:7; 1 John 3:4; James 2:10-11). God's 4th commandment tells us what day Gods' Sabbath day is here...
  • Exodus 20:10 BUT THE SEVENTH DAY IS THE SABBATH OF THE LORD YOUR GOD...
Note the scriptures do not say any day is the Sabbath of the Lord your God like you are teaching.
We follow and worship God therefore by believing and following what Gods' Word says. No one worships God according to Jesus in Matthew 15:3-9 by not believing Gods' Word and following man-made teachings and traditions that leads us away from God and His Word to break the commandments of God according to the scriptures shown by John..
  • 1 John 2:3-4 [3], And HEREBY WE DO KNOW THAT WE KNOW HIM, IF WE KEEP HIS COMMANDMENTS.[4], HE THAT SAID, I KNOW HIM, AND KEEPS NOT HIS COMMANDMENTS, IS A LIAR, AND THE TRUTH IS NOT IN HIM.[4], WHOEVER COMMITS SIN TRANSGRESSES ALSO THE LAW: FOR SIN IS THE TRANSGRESSION OF THE LAW.
Does all the above not concern you? It should because it is written in the scriptures...
  • MATTHEW 7:21-23 [21], NOT EVERYONE THAT SAYS TO ME LORD. LORD SHALL ENTER THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN BUT HE THAT DOES THE WILL OF MY FATHER IN HEAVEN. [22],Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in your name? and in your name have cast out devils? and in your name done many wonderful works? [23], And THEN I WILL PROFESS TO THEM, I NEVER KNEW YOU DEPART FROM ME, YOU WHO WORK INIQUITY (sin).

Last edited: