• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"THE LORD'S DAY IS THE SABBATH DAY NOT SUNDAY ACCORDING TO SCRIPTURES

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Agreed that there are many ways of interpreting scriptures. There is only one way Jesus endorsed and continues with. Judgment is coming because many have been misled.
Endless punishment is that such sinful actions will never again be revived, and when considered by the living, will not be resurrected, missed or mourned. As an example -- fathers were not to be put to death for the sins of their sons, and neither were sons to be put to death for the sins of their fathers. Each one suffers accordingly.
"The soul that sinneth, it shall die: the son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son; the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him." (Ezekiel 18:20)
But that is an OT teaching A lot was changed under Jesus. Christians that believe in endless punishment are going to point to verses from the NT instead.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
So what? And how would you know? Just because you cherry pick other verses does not mean that you are right. Once again, talk to others. There are some genuine believers in endless hellfire. I do not believe in any of them so I can tale an unbiased look and say "that works" when one picks a series of verses, and also tell the other side "that works" when they do the same.

I am not saying that either side is right since in reality they are probably both wrong.
Because God did not tell Adam & Eve they would be tortured forever as they could feel it. He said they would -- die. The Bible says we inherit death from Adam. I know you don't believe it, but that's what it says. Only God can take away death, and He will. I understand where you are coming from -- I cannot explain every contention you have against the Bible or everything in the Bible, I do agree that religion has done harm to mankind in various ways. This does not mean the Bible is untrue.

YoursTrue

That still have nothing to do with your science education. For example to understand the sciences one needs at least some math. One cannot even understand basic physics without calculus. And basic physics is used by most of the sciences. I live in a state that I thought had a fairly decent education program. But I was shocked when I talked to a person that was going to college to become a physics teacher. I asked him how he was doing on calculus and he said "Oh, we don't need to take that":eek::eek::eek: I was speechless. One really cannot understand physics without it. Without it one is just memorizing formulas without understanding how they were derived. If one has had calculus and knows what basic principals are involved the formulas of basic physics can be worked out by oneself. One does not need to remember the formulas for how fast a ball falls in gravity, or how long it takes it to fall. Or what its potential energy is at an elevation. All of those can be worked out from just one formula.

So to you what looks like memorization of formulas etc. to one that understands the basics they are easily understood facts.
If I understand you correctly, not sure what you're saying -- but there are various fields of scientific study and one simply cannot be an expert knowing everything in all the fields as if he can make judgments about the encompassing theory, or theories.

YoursTrue

@Subduction Zone thanks again for the conversation, it's time (for me) to go...see you maybe tomorrow. Yes, tomorrow, it's before 11 PM here...:) Oh wait! :)-)}

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Because God did not tell Adam & Eve they would be tortured forever as they could feel it. He said they would -- die. The Bible says we inherit death from Adam. I know you don't believe it, but that's what it says. Only God can take away death, and He will. I understand where you are coming from -- I cannot explain every contention you have against the Bible or everything in the Bible, I do agree that religion has done harm to mankind in various ways. This does not mean the Bible is untrue.
Of course he didn't, one reason is because they never existed. And they could still die and be tortured forever. There is no reason that both could not happen. The death that we supposedly inherited from Adam is the physical death of the body. That says nothing about the spirit either way.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
If I understand you correctly, not sure what you're saying -- but there are various fields of scientific study and one simply cannot be an expert knowing everything in all the fields as if he can make judgments about the encompassing theory, or theories.
True, but one can get an ability to understand quite a few of them with a good basic education and with help from someone that understands them. There is a lot of work that goes into finding out something, but explaining the evidence and showing how one did one's work can be accomplished in a very reasonable time period. So an astronomer can explain the orbital paths of objects and how we can calculate them. One could even learn the basics. But it still takes hard work to get those answers.

But someone that does not know the basic math behind some concepts will never be able to understand them. He could only remember facts and data but have no understanding of how it was derived.

samtonga43

No, Soapy is merely tired of the poor debating techniques too. Just because we both observe the same bad behavior does not mean that he is a follower of mine. When it comes to the Bible we would disagree strongly, we only agree about how @3rdAngel will not properly provide evidence..

At the best he 3rd only quotes verses and claims that they support him. One needs to go further than that. One has to explain why they support him. He never does that. And I simply refuse to play his silly games until he agrees to engage in a proper discussion. It is possible to argue for his beliefs. I have seen people make valid efforts to support that the sabbath is Saturday. I have not seen that here.
Sorry, you still do not understand. Why not? Because you are not paying attention.

Here's a clue: an acolyte does not necessarily agree with the beliefs of her/his 'leader'.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Sorry, you still do not understand. Why not? Because you are not paying attention.

Here's a clue: an acolyte does not necessarily agree with the beliefs of her/his 'leader'.

You seem to have a hard time understanding that two different people can come to the same conclusion independently.

3rdAngel

#1003 describes your modus operandus, SZ. It appears that it is you who does not understand what 'projecting' is.
Exactly good observation and thank you for popping in to share your thoughts here. After a while though I think I agree He is just trolling and not interested in having a discussion which gets a little boring. Maybe a candidate for the ignore list as he is unwilling to enter into a discussion with anyone and address post content that is in disagreement with him while simply making false claims and accusations he is unable to prove when challenged and is unwilling to receive friendly help and correction.

Last edited:

3rdAngel

Hi. I've had to come to some conclusions about what the Bible vs. "Darwin" and the ToE is saying. Upon researching as much as possible about the theory of evolution, I have come to the conclusion it does not explain life and how we got here (as humans). I have said this before and I'll say it again -- when I was in school I was not a science major, but I did very well in science classes and believed everything they taught me. Only later did I begin to question it and realize the theory just does not hold water. :)
Isaiah 65:17 says,
"For look! I am creating new heavens and a new earth;
And the former things will not be called to mind,
Nor will they come up into the heart."

(What a wonderful thought.)
Thanks YT, I enjoy reading your comments!

3rdAngel

3rdAngel said: According to the new covenant scriptures, God's 10 commandments give us the knowledge of good (moral right doing when obeyed) and evil (moral wrong doing when disobeyed); sin (moral wrong doing when disobeyed) and righteousness (moral right doing when obeyed) *see Romans 3:20; Romans 7:7; 1 John 3:4; Psalms 119:172. Therefore Gods law is not a burden it is he standard of what is right and what is wrong. This is why Paul in Romans 7:12 called them, holy just and good. According to the scripture the God blessed the seventh day of the week and set it apart as a holy day of rest and made it His 4th commandment of the 10 commandments that give us the knowledge of what sin is when broken *Genesis 2:1-3; Exodus 20:8-11; Romans 3:20. You do err not knowing the scriptures.
Your response here...
Yes, that is right… God’s laws are not to be taken as burdens……. But the Jews did make them burdens which is why Jesus berated them do often saying that they had made the law a milestone around their necks. And certainly there was no call for daily worship which would have been a burden seeing that worship was a group activity in those times. In fact, certain days throughout the year were set aside for this corporate worship…. So there was no need for DAILY WORSHIP.
So that is a no? You have no scripture to support your view do you. There is no scripture that says anywhere in the bible that Gods' 4th commandment has now been abolished and we are now commanded to keep Sunday as a holy day of rest in honor of the resurrection. I gather from your responses you are not even reading the posts and the scriptures share in them that are in disagreement with you. I can also see your unwillingness to address and of the post content shared with you and the scriptures provided in these posted that are in disagreement with you because they prove why you understanding of the scriptures are in error. What we are discussing btw is known unrepentant sin which is defined in the scriptures as not believing and following what Gods' Word says and breaking anyone of Gods' 10 commandments of which Gods 4th commandment is a part of (see James 4:7; Romans 14:23; James 2:10-11; Exodus 20:8-11). According to Acts 17:30-31 and Hebrews 10:26-31 in times of ignorance when we do not know any better God does not hold us accountable for sin until he gives us a knowledge of what sin is through His Word. At this time when God gives us a knowledge of the truth of His Word, He calls us to believe and follow what His Word says. At this time if we choose to turn away from Gods' Word in unbelief in order to continue in known unrepentant sin according to the scriptures there remains no more sacrifice for sin (no forgiveness) but a fearful looking forward to of the judgement to come which shall devour the adversaries. These scriptures are fulfilled this day in your ears. Its not too late however, to believe and follow what Gods' Word says but one day it will be. Therefore dear friend you should consider your future and ask yourself the question what if? What if your wrong and sinning against God by breaking His 4th commandment. (James 2:10-11; Romans 3:20; Romans 7:7; 1 John 3:4)

Take Care.

3rdAngel

Oh even you have to know that is not true. His so called "evidence" only consists of posts that he links and disagrees with. He won't enter into a proper discussion.
Evidence to you being unresponsive and ignoring the post content that are in disagreement with you has already been provided to you in a number of posts now (see post # 602 linked and post # 642 linked). You have only been provided evidence that shows your false claims and accusations have no truth in them and your running away from our discussion. The linked posts are showing that you are not being responsive to the content of the posts that have been shared with you while simply deflecting with false claims and accusations you are unable to prove. Then when you are challenged to prove your claims you simply run away from the discussion while projecting to everyone else what you are doing. The evidence provided in the linked posts shared with you prove this. You lose but I think it is fun chatting with you because you make me smile seeing you cannot respond to the evidence in the linked posts that are in disagreement with your words that are simply untruthful. Thank you but its kind of getting boring now.

3rdAngel

No, Soapy is merely tired of the poor debating techniques too. Just because we both observe the same bad behavior does not mean that he is a follower of mine. When it comes to the Bible we would disagree strongly, we only agree about how @3rdAngel will not properly provide evidence.. At the best he 3rd only quotes verses and claims that they support him. One needs to go further than that. One has to explain why they support him. He never does that. And I simply refuse to play his silly games until he agrees to engage in a proper discussion. It is possible to argue for his beliefs. I have seen people make valid efforts to support that the sabbath is Saturday. I have not seen that here.
Your projecting again and not telling the truth SZ. It is you who is running away from the discussion. It you you not willing to address post and scripture content that is in disagreement with you as proven in post # 602 linked and post # 642 linked. It is you dear friend that has no evidence to support any of your false claims and accusations and when challenged continue to run away from the discussion. That is why I love chatting with you. Its also funny now that others can see it as well. :)

3rdAngel

You seem to have a hard time understanding that two different people can come to the same conclusion independently.
I agree that two or more people can come to the same conclusions independently, just like all those throughout this thread that all agree your projecting, while making false claims and accusations you are unable to prove when challenged as a distraction because you are unable address the content of the posts that are in disagreement with you. Sadly this is why you have been running away from the discussion here.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Evidence to you being unresponsive and ignoring the post content that are in disagreement with you has already been provided to you in a number of posts now (see post # 602 linked and post # 642 linked). You have only been provided evidence that shows your false claims and accusations have no truth in them and your running away from our discussion. The linked posts are showing that you are not being responsive to the content of the posts that have been shared with you while simply deflecting with false claims and accusations you are unable to prove. Then when you are challenged to prove your claims you simply run away from the discussion while projecting to everyone else what you are doing. The evidence provided in the linked posts shared with you prove this. You lose but I think it is fun chatting with you because you make me smile seeing you cannot respond to the evidence in the linked posts that are in disagreement with your words that are simply untruthful. Thank you but its kind of getting boring now.
My supposedly being nonresponsive is not evidence for your claims. It only showed that I did not care about your past lost arguments.

You get so upset when others won't play your silly games. Meanwhile, when it comes to you running away from arguments that do matter let me remind you of:

1 Peter 3 15

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Your projecting again and not telling the truth SZ. It is you who is running away from the discussion. It you you not willing to address post and scripture content that is in disagreement with you as proven in post # 602 linked and post # 642 linked. It is you dear friend that has no evidence to support any of your false claims and accusations and when challenged continue to run away from the discussion. That is why I love chatting with you. Its also funny now that others can see it as well. :)
Nope, I don't care about scripture right now. You are too afraid to even discuss the rules we need to follow. That is one reason that you have lost. If you are afraid to participate properly then you cannot claim that others are running away. Besides you running away from the question about:

1 Peter 3 15

You also ran away from the question about if you are playing silly fanfiction games. It appears that you are. That makes the whole thread an automatic loss for you.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I agree that two or more people can come to the same conclusions independently, just like all those throughout this thread that all agree your projecting, while making false claims and accusations you are unable to prove when challenged as a distraction because you are unable address the content of the posts that are in disagreement with you. Sadly this is why you have been running away from the discussion here.
No, only you and one other that also refuses to debate properly came to that conclusion.

Did you not notice that everyone else dropped you? This thread was dead. Others could see that you would not enter into a proper discussion.