• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"THE LORD'S DAY IS THE SABBATH DAY NOT SUNDAY ACCORDING TO SCRIPTURES

SDavis

SUNDAY WORSHIP IS NOT THE LORD'S DAY

The term "the Lord's day" was used by some in the early Church as a reference to Sunday worship in celebration of the resurrection of Jesus. It comes from a scripture in the bible found in Revelation 1
  • REVELATION 1:10 10, I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet
The Greek words used for the day that JOHN was in the Spirit of is the for Lord's day are
  • REVELATION 1:10 εγενομην εν πνευματι εν τη κυριακη ημερα και ηκουσα οπισω μου φωνην μεγαλην ως σαλπιγγος
The word "κυριακη" (translit. "kuriake") is an Adjective - Dative - Singular - Feminine. This means it is being used as a 'possessive' as ownership or belonging to ("of", see 1 Corinthians 11:20, "the Lord's supper"), which means the "day" in context belongs to "the Lord". It is literally "the Lord's (belonging to) day". This means, that the "day" in context is uniquely "the Lord's" out of all the 7 days of the week, for the day under consideration is that which exists within the week, as a day which repeats weekly. This is extremely important, as those who incorrectly assume it to mean "the first [day] of the week" in lieu of Jesus' resurrection, cannot get a weekly occurrence out of a one-time event, in fulfillment of typology of the Firstfruit/Wavesheaf in Leviticus 23:9-14, as made known in 1 Corinthians 15:20,23

The problem here however is that there is not a single scripture that references Sunday or the first day of the week (bible names for the days of the week) to being "the Lords day" in scripture.

According to the scripture "the Lords day" however can be referenced to "the Sabbath day" of Gods' 4th commandment found in Exodus 20:8-11.

Letting the scriptures answer this question
  • WHAT DAY IS THE LORD'S DAY ACCORDING TO THE SCRIPTURES?
  • MATTHEW 12:8 FOR THE SON OF MAN IS LORD EVEN OF THE SABBATH DAY
This then promotes a bit of a dilemma for the Church as there is not a single scripture in all of the bible that days "the Lords day" from Revelation 1:10 is Sunday. Yet there is many scriptures referencing "the Lords day" or Gods' specific claims to ownership of any particular day to the Sabbath day that he blessed and set aside as a holy day of rest for a memorial of creation (see Genesis 2:1-3) and made one of Gods' 10 commandments (Exodus 20:8-11).

God's "ownership" of the Sabbath day or "Lord's day is also repeated elsewhere as "MY" (ownership of the day as in the Greek used in REVELATION 1:10 κυριακη). Other scriptures in the bible pointing to "the Lords day" as being the Sabbath day...
  • MATTHEW 12:8 FOR THE SON OF MAN IS LORD EVEN OF THE SABBATH DAY. (the Sabbath day is Lord's day)
  • ISAIAH 58:13-14 [13], If you turn away your foot from the SABBATH, from doing your pleasure on MY HOLY DAY (God's claim to ownership of the Sabbath day); and call the sabbath a delight, the holy of the LORD, honorable; and shall honor him, not doing your own ways, nor finding your own pleasure, nor speaking your own words: [14], Then shall you delight yourself in the LORD; and I will cause you to ride on the high places of the earth, and feed you with the heritage of Jacob your father: for the mouth of the LORD has spoken it.
  • LEVITICUS 19:30 You shall keep MY SABBATHS, (God's claim to ownership of the Sabbath day)and reverence my sanctuary: I am the LORD.
  • EZEKIEL 20:12 Moreover also I gave them MY SABBATHS, (God's claim to ownership of the Sabbath day) to be a sign between me and them, that they might know that I am the LORD that sanctify them.
κυριακῇ ἡμέρᾳ used in Revelations 1:10 is in reference to the Lord's ownership of the day. It does not say that this day is in reference to μιά των σαββάτων which means the FIRST DAY OF THE WEEK.

Your challenge here in this OP is to prove from the scriptures alone that the Lord's DAY is in reference to the First day of the week. If you cannot all you have is a teaching and tradition of men that is not supported in the scriptures. There is not a single scripture in all the bible that refers to Sunday as being "the Lords day".

May God bless you as you seek Him through His Word.
Amen

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
................................For instance, the ‘Thomas called Jesus ‘My God’ verse. Thomas did not call Jesus ‘God’… he called him ‘MY God’. So right there the who ‘Jesus is God’ falls flat on its face in that it is said that ‘No one has seen God at any time - only Jesus has REVEALED HIM’ (which pertains to the Father).
But also, and more critically, Jesus had only just told Thomas:
  • “See my hands and my feet, that it is I myself. Touch me, and see. For a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see that I have.”” (Luke 24:39)
‘God’ does not have flesh and bone - He is Spirit................................
Seems most people ignore John 20:17
In verse 17 resurrected Jesus had Not yet ascended to his Father, and to your Father, and to my God and your God.
Thus showing resurrected Jesus has a God. Even the resurrected ascended-to-heaven Jesus still thinks he has a God over him - Rev. 3:12

3rdAngel

In verse 17 resurrected Jesus had Not yet ascended to his Father, and to your Father, and to my God and your God.
Thus showing resurrected Jesus has a God. Even the resurrected ascended-to-heaven Jesus still thinks he has a God over him - Rev. 3:12
Jesus was the son of man and our example that we are to follow as well as being the son of God. Some people find it hard to understand that Jesus was fully God who became fully man because he loved us and came to save us from our sins. You do err not knowing scripture ignoring those scriptures that are in contradiction to your teachings
  • John 20:28 28 Thomas answered him, “MY LORD AND MY GOD!”
  • Titus 2:13 13 waiting for our blessed hope, the appearing of the glory of OUR GREAT GOD AND SAVIOR JESUS CHRIST
  • Hebrews 1:1-2;8 1, God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spoke in time past to the fathers by the prophets, 2, HAS IN THESE LAST DAYS SPOKEN TO US BY HIS SON, WHOM HE HAS APPOINTED HEIR OF ALL THINGS, BY WHOM ALSO HE MADE THE WORLDS; 3, WHO BEING THE BRIGHTNESS OF HIS GLORY, AND THE EXPRESS IMAGE OF HIS PERSON, AND UPHOLDING ALL THINGS BY THE WORD OF HIS POWER, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high
  • Hebrews 1:8 8 BUT TO THE SON HE (the father) SAYS "YOUR THRONE O GOD (Jesus) IS FOREVER AND EVER, the scepter of uprightness is the scepter of your kingdom.
  • Matthew 1:23 23 “Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a son, and they shall call his name IMMANUEL WHICH MEANS GOD WITH US.
  • John 1:1-4 ;14 1, IN THE BEGINNING WAS THE WORD, AND THE WORD WAS WITH GOD, AND THE WORD WAS GOD. 2, THE SAME WAS IN THE BEGINNING WITH GOD. 3, ALL THINGS WERE MADE BY HIM; AND WITHOUT HIM WAS NOT ANY THING MADE THAT WAS MADE. 4, In him was life; and the life was the light of men. [10] He was in the world, and the world was made through Him, and the world did not know Him. [14], AND THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH, AND DWELT AMONG US, AND WE BEHELD HIS GLORY, THE GLORY AS OF THE ONLY BEGOTTEN OF THE FATHER, FULL OF GRACE AND TRUTH.
  • 2 Peter 1:1 Simeon Peter, a servant and apostle of Jesus Christ, To those who have obtained a faith of equal standing with ours by the righteousness of OUR GOD AND SAVOIR JESUS CHRIST
  • John 8:58 Jesus said to them: “Timeless truth I speak to you: Before Abraham would exist, I AM THE LIVING GOD.” (Aramaic)
  • 1 John 5:20 20 And we know that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding, so that we may know him who is true; and we are in him who is true, in his Son JESUS CHRIST HE IS THE TRUE GOD AND ETERNAL LIFE.
Take care.

Last edited:

3rdAngel

John came to be in the future which is the setting for our day for Revelation.
So, the Lord's Day of Rev. 1:10 is in reference to our now day or time frame, and Not to any particular or specific day of the week.
So, the ' Day of our Lord ' - 1st Cor. 1:8; 1st Cor. 5:5; 2nd Cor. 1:14 - would also be in reference to Jesus' coming Thousand-Year Day.
Actually no. The context was John being in the presence of Jesus in the heavenly Sanctuary. The term "the Lords day" is not a reference to the second coming the Greek meaning is to the Lords's the day God claims ownership over.

For those who claim it to be Sunday is also a mistake...

The term "the Lord's day" was used by some in the early Church as a reference to Sunday worship in celebration of the resurrection of Jesus. It comes from a scripture in the bible found in Revelation 1
  • REVELATION 1:10 10, I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet
The Greek words used for the day that JOHN was in the Spirit of is the for Lord's day are
  • REVELATION 1:10 εγενομην εν πνευματι εν τη κυριακη ημερα και ηκουσα οπισω μου φωνην μεγαλην ως σαλπιγγος
The word "κυριακη" (translit. "kuriake") is an Adjective - Dative - Singular - Feminine. This means it is being used as a 'possessive' as ownership or belonging to ("of", see 1 Corinthians 11:20, "the Lord's supper"), which means the "day" in context belongs to "the Lord". It is literally "the Lord's (belonging to) day". This means, that the "day" in context is uniquely "the Lord's" out of all the 7 days of the week, for the day under consideration is that which exists within the week, as a day which repeats weekly. This is extremely important, as those who incorrectly assume it to mean "the first [day] of the week" in lieu of Jesus' resurrection, cannot get a weekly occurrence out of a one-time event, in fulfillment of typology of the Firstfruit/Wavesheaf in Leviticus 23:9-14, as made known in 1 Corinthians 15:20,23
The problem here however is that there is not a single scripture that references Sunday or the first day of the week (bible names for the days of the week) to being "the Lords day" in scripture.
According to the scripture "the Lords day" however can be referenced to "the Sabbath day" of Gods' 4th commandment found in Exodus 20:8-11.
This then promotes a bit of a dilemma for the Church as there is not a single scripture in all of the bible that days "the Lords day" from Revelation 1:10 is Sunday. Yet there is many scriptures referencing "the Lords day" or Gods' specific claims to ownership of any particular day to the Sabbath day that he blessed and set aside as a holy day of rest for a memorial of creation (see Genesis 2:1-3) and made one of Gods' 10 commandments (Exodus 20:8-11). God's "ownership" of the Sabbath day or "Lord's day is also repeated elsewhere as "MY" (ownership of the day as in the Greek used in REVELATION 1:10 κυριακη). Other scriptures in the bible pointing to "the Lords day" as being the Sabbath day...
  • MATTHEW 12:8 FOR THE SON OF MAN IS LORD EVEN OF THE SABBATH DAY. (the Sabbath day is Lord's day)
  • ISAIAH 58:13-14 [13], If you turn away your foot from the SABBATH, from doing your pleasure on MY HOLY DAY (God's claim to ownership of the Sabbath day); and call the sabbath a delight, the holy of the LORD, honorable; and shall honor him, not doing your own ways, nor finding your own pleasure, nor speaking your own words: [14], Then shall you delight yourself in the LORD; and I will cause you to ride on the high places of the earth, and feed you with the heritage of Jacob your father: for the mouth of the LORD has spoken it.
  • LEVITICUS 19:30 You shall keep MY SABBATHS, (God's claim to ownership of the Sabbath day)and reverence my sanctuary: I am the LORD.
  • EZEKIEL 20:12 Moreover also I gave them MY SABBATHS, (God's claim to ownership of the Sabbath day) to be a sign between me and them, that they might know that I am the LORD that sanctify them.
κυριακῇ ἡμέρᾳ used in Revelations 1:10 is in reference to the Lord's ownership of the day. It does not say that this day is in reference to μιά των σαββάτων which means the FIRST DAY OF THE WEEK.

Your challenge here in this OP is to prove from the scriptures alone that the Lord's DAY is in reference to the First day of the week. If you cannot all you have is a teaching and tradition of men that is not supported in the scriptures. There is not a single scripture in all the bible that refers to Sunday as being "the Lords day".

Take Care

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Jesus was the son of man and our example that we are to follow as well as being the son of God. Some people find it hard to understand that Jesus was fully God who became fully man because he loved us and came to save us from our sins. You do err not knowing scripture ignoring those scriptures that are in contradiction to your teachings
  • Titus 2:13 13 waiting for our blessed hope, the appearing of the glory of OUR GREAT GOD AND SAVIOR JESUS CHRIST
  • Hebrews 1:1-2;8 1, God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spoke in time past to the fathers by the prophets, 2, HAS IN THESE LAST DAYS SPOKEN TO US BY HIS SON, WHOM HE HAS APPOINTED HEIR OF ALL THINGS, BY WHOM ALSO HE MADE THE WORLDS; 3, WHO BEING THE BRIGHTNESS OF HIS GLORY, AND THE EXPRESS IMAGE OF HIS PERSON, AND UPHOLDING ALL THINGS BY THE WORD OF HIS POWER, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high
  • Hebrews 1:8 8 BUT TO THE SON HE (the father) SAYS "YOUR THRONE O GOD (Jesus) IS FOREVER AND EVER, the scepter of uprightness is the scepter of your kingdom.
  • Matthew 1:23 23 “Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a son, and they shall call his name IMMANUEL WHICH MEANS GOD WITH US.
  • John 1:1-4 ;14 1, IN THE BEGINNING WAS THE WORD, AND THE WORD WAS WITH GOD, AND THE WORD WAS GOD. 2, THE SAME WAS IN THE BEGINNING WITH GOD. 3, ALL THINGS WERE MADE BY HIM; AND WITHOUT HIM WAS NOT ANY THING MADE THAT WAS MADE. 4, In him was life; and the life was the light of men. [10] He was in the world, and the world was made through Him, and the world did not know Him. [14], AND THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH, AND DWELT AMONG US, AND WE BEHELD HIS GLORY, THE GLORY AS OF THE ONLY BEGOTTEN OF THE FATHER, FULL OF GRACE AND TRUTH.
  • 2 Peter 1:1 Simeon Peter, a servant and apostle of Jesus Christ, To those who have obtained a faith of equal standing with ours by the righteousness of OUR GOD AND SAVOIR JESUS CHRIST
  • John 8:58 Jesus said to them: “Timeless truth I speak to you: Before Abraham would exist, I AM THE LIVING GOD.” (Aramaic)
  • 1 John 5:20 20 And we know that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding, so that we may know him who is true; and we are in him who is true, in his Son JESUS CHRIST HE IS THE TRUE GOD AND ETERNAL LIFE.
Take care.
Right, John 20:17 is ignored in favor for verse 28

3rdAngel

Right, John 20:17 is ignored in favor for verse 28
No nothing is ignored. It is your interpretation of the scriptures that is the problem and you who ignores direct scripture that says word for word that Jesus is God. The problem with your view of the scripture is that you think that Jesus is man so cannot be God when the scriptures teach that Jesus is both God who came to live as a man to become Gods perfect sacrifice for the sins of all mankind. Jesus is both God from the beginning with God (John 1:1-4; 14) and who came to live as a man in order to save mankind. If you would like some bible studies please feel free to DM me.

Take Care.

Soapy

Son of his Father: The Heir and Prince
Well, that’s more than true. You have even understated the truth: Jesus did not THINK he had had a God over him… He constantly STATED in many ways that God is the only true God - and, yes - he cannot BE GOD if he had to present himself TO GOD!

In fact, every truth is in the statement that Jesus made: ‘The things you see me do are because of the Father working in me’.

This can be further stated as: ‘The power of Jesus on earth is due to the power of God working through him’.

God is the lamp, and Jesus is the illumination from the lamp. The flame is the spirit of the lamp which is from where the light is formed that illuminates the way of Jesus, guides his path, and allows him to show the way to those God sends him to.

The flame is OF the lamp, and Jesus is guided by the light of the flame from the lamp.

The spirit of holiness is OF God, and Jesus is guided by the light of the spirit of holiness.

Soapy

No nothing is ignored. It is your interpretation of the scriptures that is the problem and you who ignores direct scripture that says word for word that Jesus is God. The problem with your view of the scripture is that you think that Jesus is man so cannot be God when the scriptures teach that Jesus is both God who came to live as a man to become Gods perfect sacrifice for the sins of all mankind. Jesus is both God from the beginning with God (John 1:1-4; 14) and who came to live as a man in order to save mankind. If you would like some bible studies please feel free to DM me.

Take Care.
Which verse states ‘word for word’ that “Jesus is God”?

You say that: “scriptures teach that Jesus is both God who came to live as a man to become Gods perfect sacrifice for the sins of all mankind”

What does, ‘God came to live as man to BECOME GOD’s perfect sacrifice’, mean?

You are saying that there are two Gods: one who was the perfect sacrifice FOR the sins of mankind which were against the GREAT OTHER GOD. I mean, like, does a king debase himself to become a servant to appease the sins of his servants - servants who sinned against HIM?

3rdAngel

Which verse states ‘word for word’ that “Jesus is God”?

You say that: “scriptures teach that Jesus is both God who came to live as a man to become Gods perfect sacrifice for the sins of all mankind”

What does, ‘God came to live as man to BECOME GOD’s perfect sacrifice’, mean?

You are saying that there are two Gods: one who was the perfect sacrifice FOR the sins of mankind which were against the GREAT OTHER GOD. I mean, like, does a king debase himself to become a servant to appease the sins of his servants - servants who sinned against HIM?
Once again your post does not address anything in the post and scriptures you are responding to that are in disagreement with you. I will let scripture do the talking here once more. As posted a little earlier, your post Soapy are your words and claims Soapy unsupported by scripture. Then we have the scriptures disagreeing with your claims that the apostles did not call Jesus God here....

The disciples and scripture calling Jesus the God of creation...
All of the scriptures posted above disagree with everything you posted word for word in this forum Soapy. Your response is to ignore all the scriptures shared with you that are in disagreement with you. Now who should I believe and follow; Soapy? or Gods Words (scripture) -Easy one for me. Sorry I do not believe you Soapy. I prefer the scriptures you pretend do not exist that are in disagreement with you. For me I believe we are better off just to simply believe what the scriptures say word for word, rather than pretending they do not exist.
Take Care.

Muffled

Jesus in me
God is the God of God and no-one else.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Well, that’s more than true. You have even understated the truth: Jesus did not THINK he had had a God over him… He constantly STATED in many ways that God is the only true God - and, yes - he cannot BE GOD if he had to present himself TO GOD!

In fact, every truth is in the statement that Jesus made: ‘The things you see me do are because of the Father working in me’.

This can be further stated as: ‘The power of Jesus on earth is due to the power of God working through him’.

God is the lamp, and Jesus is the illumination from the lamp. The flame is the spirit of the lamp which is from where the light is formed that illuminates the way of Jesus, guides his path, and allows him to show the way to those God sends him to.

The flame is OF the lamp, and Jesus is guided by the light of the flame from the lamp.

The spirit of holiness is OF God, and Jesus is guided by the light of the spirit of holiness.

I believe i don't find that anywhere in the Bible so you made it up.

Soapy

Once again your post does not address anything in the post and scriptures you are responding to that are in disagreement with you. I will let scripture do the talking here once more. As posted a little earlier, your post Soapy are your words and claims Soapy unsupported by scripture. Then we have the scriptures disagreeing with your claims that the apostles did not call Jesus God here....

All of the scriptures posted above disagree with everything you posted word for word in this forum Soapy. Your response is to ignore all the scriptures shared with you that are in disagreement with you. Now who should I believe and follow; Soapy? or Gods Words (scripture) -Easy one for me. Sorry I do not believe you Soapy. I prefer the scriptures you pretend do not exist that are in disagreement with you. For me I believe we are better off just to simply believe what the scriptures say word for word, rather than pretending they do not exist.
Take Care.
Thank you for your standard reply that relates only vaguely to what was asked of you - as well as referring to what was not asked of you.

Your reason for such behaviour is purely that you recognise that you are in grave error and therefore put up a nonsense defence to try covering it…. Tut tut…!!!

The verse in Titus 2:31 declares that Jesus Christ is the Glory of the great God. It does not say that Jesus IS the great God:
  • “The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands.” (Psalm 19:1)
What is the Glory of God?
  • “And the glory of the [YHWH] will be revealed, and all people will see it together. For the mouth of the LORD has spoken.” (Isaiah 40:5)
Who is the glory of God?
  • “Behold my servant, whom I uphold, my chosen one in whom I delight; I will put my Spirit on him, and he will bring justice to the nations.”
  • “This is my Son in whom I am well pleased”
  • “So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.” (1 Cor 10:31)
Do all things in the glory of God … Do all things in the name of Jesus Christ. Therefore the glory of God is Jesus Christ.

Jesus Christ is the glory of God as a person. It is not that Jesus is ‘God the glory’ as your presentation incredulously presumes.

And we are to come to know HIM WHO IS TRUE (Almighty God: YHWH); and we are in his Son JESUS CHRIST. HE (YHWH) IS THE TRUE GOD AND ETERNAL LIFE:
  • [Father], Eternal life depend on believing in YOU; the only TRUE GOD…
I in them and you in me—so that they may be brought to complete unity.” (John 17:23)

This is saying the same thing in reverse order:
(The Elect) —in—> Jesus —in —> God

Him who is True <-in-Jesus Christ <-in-The Elect

Soapy

I believe i don't find that anywhere in the Bible so you made it up.
Of course you do not find that anywhere in the Bible - 3rdAngel goofed by writing that nonsense - which you thankfully agree is nonsense!!!

3rdAngel

Of course you do not find that anywhere in the Bible - 3rdAngel goofed by writing that nonsense - which you thankfully agree is nonsense!!!
He is saying you goofed and are making stuff up and what you post is not found in the bible which is what I believe too..

3rdAngel

Thank you for your standard reply that relates only vaguely to what was asked of you - as well as referring to what was not asked of you.

Your reason for such behaviour is purely that you recognise that you are in grave error and therefore put up a nonsense defence to try covering it…. Tut tut…!!!

The verse in Titus 2:31 declares that Jesus Christ is the Glory of the great God. It does not say that Jesus IS the great God:
  • “The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands.” (Psalm 19:1)
What is the Glory of God?
  • “And the glory of the [YHWH] will be revealed, and all people will see it together. For the mouth of the LORD has spoken.” (Isaiah 40:5)
Who is the glory of God?
  • “Behold my servant, whom I uphold, my chosen one in whom I delight; I will put my Spirit on him, and he will bring justice to the nations.”
  • “This is my Son in whom I am well pleased”
  • “So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.” (1 Cor 10:31)
Do all things in the glory of God … Do all things in the name of Jesus Christ. Therefore the glory of God is Jesus Christ.

Jesus Christ is the glory of God as a person. It is not that Jesus is ‘God the glory’ as your presentation incredulously presumes.

And we are to come to know HIM WHO IS TRUE (Almighty God: YHWH); and we are in his Son JESUS CHRIST. HE (YHWH) IS THE TRUE GOD AND ETERNAL LIFE:
  • [Father], Eternal life depend on believing in YOU; the only TRUE GOD…
I in them and you in me—so that they may be brought to complete unity.” (John 17:23)

This is saying the same thing in reverse order:
(The Elect) —in—> Jesus —in —> God

Him who is True <-in-Jesus Christ <-in-The Elect
There is not a single scripture you have provided in your post here that does not say Jesus is not God.

Once again your post does not address anything in the post and scriptures you are responding to that are in disagreement with you. I will let scripture do the talking here once more. As posted a little earlier, your post Soapy are your words and claims Soapy unsupported by scripture. Then we have the scriptures disagreeing with your claims that the apostles did not call Jesus God here.... Then you have these scriptures that disagree with your interpretation of what you posted above...

Take Care.

Palehorse

This then promotes a bit of a dilemma for the Church as there is not a single scripture in all of the bible that days "the Lords day" from Revelation 1:10 is Sunday. Yet there is many scriptures referencing "the Lords day" or Gods' specific claims to ownership of any particular day to the Sabbath day that he blessed and set aside as a holy day of rest for a memorial of creation (see Genesis 2:1-3) and made one of Gods' 10 commandments (Exodus 20:8-11).

God's "ownership" of the Sabbath day or "Lord's day is also repeated elsewhere as "MY" (ownership of the day as in the Greek used in REVELATION 1:10 κυριακη). Other scriptures in the bible pointing to "the Lords day" as being the Sabbath day...

M9nday is the first day of the week.

.don't matter tho...when us a go to bed China is waken up and starts a new day....wtf

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member

Christians I ask refer to Acts 20:7 saying Paul set the example of preaching on the first day of the week. Also it being a celebration of the day Jesus rose.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Your challenge here in this OP is to prove from the scriptures alone that the Lord's DAY is in reference to the First day of the week
Irrelevant from my POV. Lord is the Creator of Time, hence Lord is beyond Time, hence "Lord's Day" says nothing about Lord's preferences

stvdv

Thank you

Though God's Words have helped me more than any other book, I don't seek God through "His Word" from any of God's Words in any of His Scriptures, be it Christianity, Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism, Judaism, Zoroaster...

stvdv

If you cannot all you have is a teaching and tradition of men that is not supported in the scriptures
Untrue from my POV. You have a Dinely inspired Scripture, which can be useful to some during their Quest

There is not a single scripture in all the bible that refers to Sunday as being "the Lords day".
Irrelevant to me. There have been always Christians who misinterpreted or misrepresented or misused verses. This has no impact whatsoever on the value of the Bible for sincere seekers