• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"THE LORD'S DAY IS THE SABBATH DAY NOT SUNDAY ACCORDING TO SCRIPTURES

3rdAngel

No no no… You do err in your interpretation of what you are saying.

There is only one truth. It is this ONE TRUTH that Jesus and the Father are in. The verse is not saying that Jesus and God are ONE PERSON.

‘Here, O Israel… ‘ is saying that there is only ONE GOD, which is YAHWEH. I ask you then, whom else are you claiming is God a ONE GOD with as given in the context of the verse?
Was Moses not telling the Israelites that they must believe in only ONE GOD, and not as the pagans believe, as in MULTIPLE GODS?

Are you seriously trying to say that Moses was claiming that YHWH was THREE PERSONS?
And which THREE PERSONS were they that Moses told the Israelites to believe in?

1 John 5:7 is so debunked that it shows that you do not know your scriptures (Well, that was not even a question looking at your previous and ongoing posts…! It was evident in itself that you know nothing but to claim falsely due to your unwillingness to testify to the truth - your purposefulness in expressing falseness.)

‘Let us make man…’ - God was speaking to the angel who came to be known as ‘Satan’. Satan created the body of Adam but it’s God who blew the spirit of life into the lifeless body of Adam so that Adam “became a living Soul”.

So, if you are claiming that Satan and God are ONE BEING then … well, ‘May God admonish you’ and show you the truth!!!
Yes, yes yes dear friend. Here let me help you again. Your words disagree with Gods Words... Yes indeed. You do err not knowing scripture and ignoring the scriptures and the post content that are in disagreement with you.

ONE PLURAL GOD?
Compare with these scriptures here (there are more but we can use these as examples)...
  • Deuteronomy 6:4 4, Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is ONE GOD
  • Genesis 2:24 24, Therefore shall a MAN leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his WIFE: and THEY SHALL BE ONE FLESH.
  • Genesis 11:6 And the LORD said, BEHOLD, THE PEOPLE IS ONE, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do.
  • Genesis 34:15 16, Then will we give our daughters to you, and we will take your daughters to us, and we will dwell with you, and WE WILL BECOME ONE PEOPLE.
  • Exodus 12:49 49, ONE LAW shall be to him that is home born, and to the stranger that sojournes among you.
  • Exodus 24:3… all THE PEOPLE answered with ONE VOICE
  • Judges 20:8 ALL THE PEOPLE arose as ONE MAN
Are in harmony with...
  • John 10:30 I AND THE FATHER ARE ONE
  • Matthew 28:19 9, Go ye therefore, and TEACH ALL NATIONS, BAPTIZING THEM IN THE NAME OF THE FATHER, AND OF THE SON, AND OF THE HOLY GHOST
  • 1 John 5:7 “For there are three that bear witness in heaven: The Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit; and THESE THREE ARE ONE."
  • Genesis 1:26-31 26, And God said, LET US MAKE MAN IN OUR IMAGE, AFTER OUR LIKENESS: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.
You do err not knowing the scriptures...

Take Care.

3rdAngel

You could well be right about the gender of 3rdAngel (just saying!). There is a kind of robust and unadulterated sadness in the contents of his/her posts that point to incredible blindsightedness which comes from the way I’ve seen others of certain gender think and behave.

There is the repeated theme:
  • Deny EVERYTHING the opponent says
  • Claim the opponent hasn’t answered a/many question supposedly asked in previous posts even if no question was even asked
  • Continually demand a response to such real or illusionary questions and say there will be no answer unless the opponent answers first (which is ridiculous if no question was ever asked or the question was already answered!)
  • Make huge, overinflated, multi-versed bulleted verses which are hugely irrelevant
  • Completely ignore parts of an opponents posts that are factually true - don’t let the opponent know that they have shown the truth (or, actually state that the presented truth is false!!!)
It seems that 3rdAngel is playing a devils advocate a little too willingly.
This is just you deflecting and projecting what you do to others because you are unwilling to address the scriptures and the post content that are in disagreement with your teachings. Lets talk scripture dear friend. Ignoring them does not make them disappear.

Take care.

Last edited:

Muffled

Jesus in me
M9nday is the first day of the week.

.don't matter tho...when us a go to bed China is waken up and starts a new day....wtf
I believe every day is seven days away from a first day. Wednesday is seven days away from Thursday. My pastor works on Sunday so his day of rest is Tuesday.

2ndpillar

My Pastor preaches on Sunday and that is part of his work.
So "preaching" is an occupation in which one gets paid? Yeshua said to give freely what one has been given freely. According to Mt 10:8, one is to give freely what one has received freely. Does you "preacher" heal and feed the sheep? If not, according to Ez 34:1-16, he is associated with the "fat" "shepherds" who eat the "fat"/money of the sheep, and will be among the first to be "destroyed". I think your "shepherd"/preacher is looking at "destruction" if he feeds off the fat of the sheep, those who he shears, and does not have the righteousness to heal or feed them appropriately (James 5:16).

Matthew 10:8 KJV: Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give. Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give. Heal the infirm, raise the dead, cleanse lepers, cast out demons: ye have received gratuitously, give gratuitously.

Ez 34: 1Then the word of the LORD came to me saying, 2“Son of man, prophesy against the shepherds of Israel. Prophesy and say to those shepherds, ‘Thus says the Lord GOD, “Woe, shepherds of Israel who have been feeding themselves! Should not the shepherds feed the flock? 3“You eat the fat and clothe yourselves with the wool, you slaughter the fat sheep without feeding the flock.

Ez 34:16 “I will seek the lost, bring back the scattered, bind up the broken, and strengthen the sick; but the fat and the strong I will eliminate. I will feed them with judgment.

Muffled

Jesus in me
So "preaching" is an occupation in which one gets paid? Yeshua said to give freely what one has been given freely. According to Mt 10:8, one is to give freely what one has received freely. Does you "preacher" heal and feed the sheep? If not, according to Ez 34:1-16, he is associated with the "fat" "shepherds" who eat the "fat"/money of the sheep, and will be among the first to be "destroyed". I think your "shepherd"/preacher is looking at "destruction" if he feeds off the fat of the sheep, those who he shears, and does not have the righteousness to heal or feed them appropriately (James 5:16).

Matthew 10:8 KJV: Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give. Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give. Heal the infirm, raise the dead, cleanse lepers, cast out demons: ye have received gratuitously, give gratuitously.

Ez 34: 1Then the word of the LORD came to me saying, 2“Son of man, prophesy against the shepherds of Israel. Prophesy and say to those shepherds, ‘Thus says the Lord GOD, “Woe, shepherds of Israel who have been feeding themselves! Should not the shepherds feed the flock? 3“You eat the fat and clothe yourselves with the wool, you slaughter the fat sheep without feeding the flock.

Ez 34:16 “I will seek the lost, bring back the scattered, bind up the broken, and strengthen the sick; but the fat and the strong I will eliminate. I will feed them with judgment.
I believe a Pastor gets paid to preach. I have peached for free up until now because it is not my profession.

3rdAngel

I believe a Pastor gets paid to preach. I have peached for free up until now because it is not my profession.
I think all Church pastors get paid for pastoring their Churches, Not sure what that has to do with the topic of "the Lords day" though.

Muffled

Jesus in me

I believe when preaching is an occupation it ought to be paid. For me it was not and I never got paid for it and was quite happy to do it for free.

Muffled

Jesus in me
I think all Church pastors get paid for pastoring their Churches, Not sure what that has to do with the topic of "the Lords day" though.
I believe the sabbath is based partly on work and partly on setting aside a day for God. So if a person works six days a week including Saturday and Sunday then another day has to be the sabbath. For the Muslims, Friday is the day set apart to worship God but that is problematic in western culture.

SUNDAY WORSHIP IS NOT THE LORD'S DAY

The term "the Lord's day" was used by some in the early Church as a reference to Sunday worship in celebration of the resurrection of Jesus. It comes from a scripture in the bible found in Revelation 1
  • REVELATION 1:10 10, I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet
The Greek words used for the day that JOHN was in the Spirit of is the for Lord's day are
  • REVELATION 1:10 εγενομην εν πνευματι εν τη κυριακη ημερα και ηκουσα οπισω μου φωνην μεγαλην ως σαλπιγγος
The word "κυριακη" (translit. "kuriake") is an Adjective - Dative - Singular - Feminine. This means it is being used as a 'possessive' as ownership or belonging to ("of", see 1 Corinthians 11:20, "the Lord's supper"), which means the "day" in context belongs to "the Lord". It is literally "the Lord's (belonging to) day". This means, that the "day" in context is uniquely "the Lord's" out of all the 7 days of the week, for the day under consideration is that which exists within the week, as a day which repeats weekly. This is extremely important, as those who incorrectly assume it to mean "the first [day] of the week" in lieu of Jesus' resurrection, cannot get a weekly occurrence out of a one-time event, in fulfillment of typology of the Firstfruit/Wavesheaf in Leviticus 23:9-14, as made known in 1 Corinthians 15:20,23

The problem here however is that there is not a single scripture that references Sunday or the first day of the week (bible names for the days of the week) to being "the Lords day" in scripture.

According to the scripture "the Lords day" however can be referenced to "the Sabbath day" of Gods' 4th commandment found in Exodus 20:8-11.

Letting the scriptures answer this question
  • WHAT DAY IS THE LORD'S DAY ACCORDING TO THE SCRIPTURES?
  • MATTHEW 12:8 FOR THE SON OF MAN IS LORD EVEN OF THE SABBATH DAY
This then promotes a bit of a dilemma for the Church as there is not a single scripture in all of the bible that days "the Lords day" from Revelation 1:10 is Sunday. Yet there is many scriptures referencing "the Lords day" or Gods' specific claims to ownership of any particular day to the Sabbath day that he blessed and set aside as a holy day of rest for a memorial of creation (see Genesis 2:1-3) and made one of Gods' 10 commandments (Exodus 20:8-11).

God's "ownership" of the Sabbath day or "Lord's day is also repeated elsewhere as "MY" (ownership of the day as in the Greek used in REVELATION 1:10 κυριακη). Other scriptures in the bible pointing to "the Lords day" as being the Sabbath day...
  • MATTHEW 12:8 FOR THE SON OF MAN IS LORD EVEN OF THE SABBATH DAY. (the Sabbath day is Lord's day)
  • ISAIAH 58:13-14 [13], If you turn away your foot from the SABBATH, from doing your pleasure on MY HOLY DAY (God's claim to ownership of the Sabbath day); and call the sabbath a delight, the holy of the LORD, honorable; and shall honor him, not doing your own ways, nor finding your own pleasure, nor speaking your own words: [14], Then shall you delight yourself in the LORD; and I will cause you to ride on the high places of the earth, and feed you with the heritage of Jacob your father: for the mouth of the LORD has spoken it.
  • LEVITICUS 19:30 You shall keep MY SABBATHS, (God's claim to ownership of the Sabbath day)and reverence my sanctuary: I am the LORD.
  • EZEKIEL 20:12 Moreover also I gave them MY SABBATHS, (God's claim to ownership of the Sabbath day) to be a sign between me and them, that they might know that I am the LORD that sanctify them.
κυριακῇ ἡμέρᾳ used in Revelations 1:10 is in reference to the Lord's ownership of the day. It does not say that this day is in reference to μιά των σαββάτων which means the FIRST DAY OF THE WEEK.

Your challenge here in this OP is to prove from the scriptures alone that the Lord's DAY is in reference to the First day of the week. If you cannot all you have is a teaching and tradition of men that is not supported in the scriptures. There is not a single scripture in all the bible that refers to Sunday as being "the Lords day".

May God bless you as you seek Him through His Word.
Hello 3rdAngel, We know for a fact that you are correct in our opinion.

Love, Walter and Debbie

Faithofchristian

SUNDAY WORSHIP IS NOT THE LORD'S DAY

The term "the Lord's day" was used by some in the early Church as a reference to Sunday worship in celebration of the resurrection of Jesus. It comes from a scripture in the bible found in Revelation 1
  • REVELATION 1:10 10, I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet
The Greek words used for the day that JOHN was in the Spirit of is the for Lord's day are
  • REVELATION 1:10 εγενομην εν πνευματι εν τη κυριακη ημερα και ηκουσα οπισω μου φωνην μεγαλην ως σαλπιγγος
The word "κυριακη" (translit. "kuriake") is an Adjective - Dative - Singular - Feminine. This means it is being used as a 'possessive' as ownership or belonging to ("of", see 1 Corinthians 11:20, "the Lord's supper"), which means the "day" in context belongs to "the Lord". It is literally "the Lord's (belonging to) day". This means, that the "day" in context is uniquely "the Lord's" out of all the 7 days of the week, for the day under consideration is that which exists within the week, as a day which repeats weekly. This is extremely important, as those who incorrectly assume it to mean "the first [day] of the week" in lieu of Jesus' resurrection, cannot get a weekly occurrence out of a one-time event, in fulfillment of typology of the Firstfruit/Wavesheaf in Leviticus 23:9-14, as made known in 1 Corinthians 15:20,23

The problem here however is that there is not a single scripture that references Sunday or the first day of the week (bible names for the days of the week) to being "the Lords day" in scripture.

According to the scripture "the Lords day" however can be referenced to "the Sabbath day" of Gods' 4th commandment found in Exodus 20:8-11.

Letting the scriptures answer this question
  • WHAT DAY IS THE LORD'S DAY ACCORDING TO THE SCRIPTURES?
  • MATTHEW 12:8 FOR THE SON OF MAN IS LORD EVEN OF THE SABBATH DAY
This then promotes a bit of a dilemma for the Church as there is not a single scripture in all of the bible that days "the Lords day" from Revelation 1:10 is Sunday. Yet there is many scriptures referencing "the Lords day" or Gods' specific claims to ownership of any particular day to the Sabbath day that he blessed and set aside as a holy day of rest for a memorial of creation (see Genesis 2:1-3) and made one of Gods' 10 commandments (Exodus 20:8-11).

God's "ownership" of the Sabbath day or "Lord's day is also repeated elsewhere as "MY" (ownership of the day as in the Greek used in REVELATION 1:10 κυριακη). Other scriptures in the bible pointing to "the Lords day" as being the Sabbath day...
  • MATTHEW 12:8 FOR THE SON OF MAN IS LORD EVEN OF THE SABBATH DAY. (the Sabbath day is Lord's day)
  • ISAIAH 58:13-14 [13], If you turn away your foot from the SABBATH, from doing your pleasure on MY HOLY DAY (God's claim to ownership of the Sabbath day); and call the sabbath a delight, the holy of the LORD, honorable; and shall honor him, not doing your own ways, nor finding your own pleasure, nor speaking your own words: [14], Then shall you delight yourself in the LORD; and I will cause you to ride on the high places of the earth, and feed you with the heritage of Jacob your father: for the mouth of the LORD has spoken it.
  • LEVITICUS 19:30 You shall keep MY SABBATHS, (God's claim to ownership of the Sabbath day)and reverence my sanctuary: I am the LORD.
  • EZEKIEL 20:12 Moreover also I gave them MY SABBATHS, (God's claim to ownership of the Sabbath day) to be a sign between me and them, that they might know that I am the LORD that sanctify them.
κυριακῇ ἡμέρᾳ used in Revelations 1:10 is in reference to the Lord's ownership of the day. It does not say that this day is in reference to μιά των σαββάτων which means the FIRST DAY OF THE WEEK.

Your challenge here in this OP is to prove from the scriptures alone that the Lord's DAY is in reference to the First day of the week. If you cannot all you have is a teaching and tradition of men that is not supported in the scriptures. There is not a single scripture in all the bible that refers to Sunday as being "the Lords day".

May God bless you as you seek Him through His Word.
How's come your not still doing the sacrificial lamb offering.
What's the reason behind that.

3rdAngel

How's come your not still doing the sacrificial lamb offering.
What's the reason behind that.
The shadow laws of atonement are fulfilled in Christ to who they pointed to in the new covenant. God ten commandments are Gods eternal laws that have the same role they always had in both covenants and that is to give us the knowledge of good (moral right doing when obeyed) and evil (moral wrong doing when disobeyed); Sin (moral wrong doing when disobeyed) and righteousness (moral right doing when obeyed). Without them we have no knowledge of what sin is or good and evil... see Romans 3:20; Romans 7:7; 1 John 3:4; James 2:10-11 and Psalms 119:172.

Take Care.

Last edited:

Faithofchristian

The shadow laws of atonement are fulfilled in Christ to who they pointed to in the new covenant. God ten commandments are Gods eternal laws that have the same role they always had in both covenants and that is to give us the knowledge of good (moral right doing when obeyed) and evil (moral wrong doing when disobeyed); Sin (moral wrong doing when disobeyed) and righteousness (moral right doing when obeyed). Without them we have no knowledge of what sin is or good and evil... see Romans 3:20; Romans 7:7; 1 John 3:4; James 2:10-11 and Psalms 119:172.

Take Care.
Did you not read what I said.
I ask why your not still doing the sacrificial lamb offering.
Why is that.

3rdAngel

3rdAngel said: The shadow laws of atonement are fulfilled in Christ to who they pointed to in the new covenant. God ten commandments are Gods eternal laws that have the same role they always had in both covenants and that is to give us the knowledge of good (moral right doing when obeyed) and evil (moral wrong doing when disobeyed); Sin (moral wrong doing when disobeyed) and righteousness (moral right doing when obeyed). Without them we have no knowledge of what sin is or good and evil... see Romans 3:20; Romans 7:7; 1 John 3:4; James 2:10-11 and Psalms 119:172.
Your response here..
Did you not read what I said.
I ask why your not still doing the sacrificial lamb offering.
Why is that.
[/QUO
Did you not read the response to your question? What did you not understand in the post and the scriptures posted you were quoting from that answered your question? Do you know what the shadow laws of atonement were in the old covenant brother?

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
Your response here..

Did you not read the response to your question? What did you not understand in the post and the scriptures posted you were quoting from that answered your question? Do you know what the shadow laws of atonement were in the old covenant brother?
Yeah, same old trick from you -- you have no response to my challenge, so you seek to change the subject. Got it.

3rdAngel

Yeah, same old trick from you -- you have no response to my challenge, so you seek to change the subject. Got it.
Why? You made no challenge. You only showed you do not read what you were responding to and then tried to make arguments no one was arguing about.

Faithofchristian

Your response here..

In what book and Chapter and Verse's in the bible scriptures where it's written about
Shadow laws..