• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Lie of Evolution and the Stupidity of Those Who Believe in It

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I believe that is a less than helpful analogy. There is nothing wrong with evolution per se. The problem is that He said He created things and that statement has more value than man's imaginings.
Why can't Evolution be viewed as how God creates us, that Evolution is Spirit in motion creating us moment to moment? Why not? The only thing I see standing in the way of that, is your insistence on a literal reading of Genesis as though it were meant to be about science, which it certainly is not. Right?

One can in fact believe God is the Creator, the Source of all life and being, and fully embrace the facts of evolution which we have discovered to be factually true. Do you believe in God, or your particular reading of the Bible? Which do you put first? Your beliefs, or Faith in God?

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
Why can't Evolution be viewed as how God creates us, that Evolution is Spirit in motion creating us moment to moment? Why not? The only thing I see standing in the way of that, is your insistence on a literal reading of Genesis as though it were meant to be about science, which it certainly is not. Right?

One can in fact believe God is the Creator, the Source of all life and being, and fully embrace the facts of evolution which we have discovered to be factually true. Do you believe in God, or your particular reading of the Bible? Which do you put first? Your beliefs, or Faith in God?
We did not evolve from apes in order to die. When you see that, you see that man was initially meant to live forever. And will be again.

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
We did not evolve from apes in order to die.
So you are saying that based upon how you are reasoning this, all the scientists of the world are wrong, because this particular thought of yours is true? It doesn't make sense to you in how you reason things, so therefore science is not credible. Correct?

Do you not see a problem with this line of reasoning?

When you see that, you see that man was initially meant to live forever. And will be again.
We do live forever. No one says it has to be in this physical body. Not even the Apostle Paul believed that and so did Jesus. "A grain of wheat does not sprout unless it falls to the ground and dies".

So... I guess you can accept the science now that you see your error? Or do you need more convincing before you can believe science? But once you're convinced, than the science can be accepted, and they were right after all, and it was just you not willing to believe them, since science is really nothing more than a matter of faith. Correct?

Last edited:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
We did not evolve from apes in order to die. When you see that, you see that man was initially meant to live forever. And will be again.
Why do you call your God a liar? All of the scientific evidence clearly points out to an evolutionary source for all life, including man today. The only conceivable conclusion if the Garden of Eden myth is true is that God planted false evidence, not only in the form of fossils, but in our DNA itself. In other words one claims that God is a liar (he planted mountains of false evidence) if one takes the Garden of Eden story to be true.

Jose Fly

Fisker of men
I believe I don't know that evolution is proven beyond doubt. I don't even have a clue how one could think that could happen.
You do realize that we see it happen, all the time, right? We both fight against it (antibiotic resistance) and exploit it (domestication), so to question whether or not it occurs is rather odd.

Jose Fly

Fisker of men
Nope it ain't. And it ain't true either.
I'm always curious when I see someone say something like that....how do you account for the fact that the world's life scientists, from all walks of faith, have generally agreed on the validity of evolutionary theory for well over a century? Do you think they're collectively really, really bad at their jobs? Are they implementing the largest conspiracy in the history of mankind? Are they under some sort of magic spell?

YoursTrue

This relates to evolution in that humans have evolved a unique intelligence that allows them to adapt and even change there environment.
As I said, there is a quantum leap (not microsteps) between the brains and thinking ability of ape-apes and those you call human apes. With literally (and I mean literally) NOTHING in between proving or showing or even indicating that their brains evolved to the point of realizing they need clothes, possibly eyeglasses if their vision isn't too good, to cope with the "environment."
Ok. When asked if it's peer reviewed, instead of admitting it wasn't, you say it was published. Looks like you like to play word games. I will keep that in mind when responding to you.
Since ChristineM clearly likes to play word games, it's not easy to know in advance where the deflection will go. :)

YoursTrue

I'm always curious when I see someone say something like that....how do you account for the fact that the world's life scientists, from all walks of faith, have generally agreed on the validity of evolutionary theory for well over a century? Do you think they're collectively really, really bad at their jobs? Are they implementing the largest conspiracy in the history of mankind? Are they under some sort of magic spell?
Look, you can believe evolution is true, which is why it astounds you perhaps that someone would say unequivocally that it isn't true. But then --
OK, what I think about those believing in evolution as scientists is that they accept the theory that all life emerged from a simple form of life and somehow moved to more complicated forms. Until, I suppose, they reached the form of life that figured they (human apes as described by some) came as a result of evolutionary processes.

YoursTrue

You do realize that we see it happen, all the time, right? We both fight against it (antibiotic resistance) and exploit it (domestication), so to question whether or not it occurs is rather odd.
What?

YoursTrue

There are other big conspiracies, not only the idea that evolution is true and that is how mankind came to be.

YoursTrue

Although I voted your post as a winner for the "mathematical proof" point... of course one must not forget that evolution doesn't conflict with theistic evolution and the Christian core beliefs might more accurately represent a segment of Christians, not nearly close to being the "whole of Christianity". For example take Catholicism the largest Christian denomination, where the highest authority accepts evolution(and also the BB) since 1996 and most of European protestantism where evolution is accepted fact.
Those religions accept many things that are unscriptural.

YoursTrue

This relates to evolution in that humans have evolved a unique intelligence that allows them to adapt and even change there environment.
As I said, there is a quantum leap (not microsteps) between the brains and thinking ability of ape-apes and those you call human apes. There is literally (and I mean literally) NOTHING between proving or showing or even indicating that their brains evolved to the point of realizing they need clothes, possibly eyeglasses if their vision isn't too good, to cope with the "environment."

YoursTrue

And ... ? :shrug:
And -- it's a fact that humans are the only ones among living beings that wear clothes. That has nothing to do with evolution, which is said to come about by itself without any conscious assist from those said to have evolved.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
As I said, there is a quantum leap (not microsteps) between the brains and thinking ability of ape-apes and those you call human apes. With literally (and I mean literally) NOTHING in between proving or showing or even indicating that their brains evolved to the point of realizing they need clothes, possibly eyeglasses if their vision isn't too good, to cope with the "environment."

Since ChristineM clearly likes to play word games, it's not easy to know in advance where the deflection will go. :)

What is your evidence for this claim besides wild hand waving? You do realize that chimps and gorillas have been taught ASL and can communicate at about the level of a five year old. That does not seem to make us that far above them.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
And -- it's a fact that humans are the only ones among living beings that wear clothes. That has nothing to do with evolution, which is said to come about by itself without any conscious assist from those said to have evolved.

Really?

captain-chimp.jpg

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member

If the ToE explains the mechanisms of evolution in natural terms, as the normal, expected workings of physics and chemistry, an active God would be unnecessary, except possibly a deistic God who set things in motion at the dawn of creation then left the scene.
The known laws of science make an active deity extraneous. Positing extraneous beings, with no actual evidence of their existence, is not reasonable.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
What you are (perhaps unwittingly) doing is proving the theory of evolution a big con, and not a good one.
On the contrary. Co-ordinating thousands of independent scientists and tens of thousands of apparently unconnected research projects to agree with each other, and find consilient results, would have to be the most intricate conspiracy in history. All the more so when there's no apparent motive or gain.

Last edited: