• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Left now says there's no such thing as a "woman"

Earthtank

If I use the wrong pronoun for someone.
They may simply request their preference.
No damage done.
Everyone happy.

100% but, just because they ask does not mean I must comply. At that point both of us have a choice to make as to whether we wish to continue that interaction or not. Not that same happy ending but, can still be civil and respectful.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
100% but, just because they ask does not mean I must comply. At that point both of us have a choice to make as to whether we wish to continue that interaction or not. Not that same happy ending but, can still be civil and respectful.
I'm happy to comply.
I try to get along with people.
And people with unclear gender status get a
little extra consideration. A tough road they face.

SNL...so not progressive, eh.

Earthtank

You can be honest with me and tell me straight up that you don't want to explain yourself.
If you don't see how it's obviously unrealistic (and quite frankly brain damaged) for everyone to always ask everyone their preferred pronouns when they first meet or interact with them then, we have nothing else to talk about.

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
If you don't see how it's obviously unrealistic (and quite frankly brain damaged) for everyone to always ask everyone their preferred pronouns when they first meet or interact with them then, we have nothing else to talk about.
Yes, I can see now that all your talk about "civility" and "respect" was only so much meaningless hot air.

Earthtank

Yes, I can see now that all your talk about "civility" and "respect" was only so much meaningless hot air.
:D:D:D:D. I knew you were waiting for me to say anything you can use and twist which is why i made sure I gave it to you just to see if i was right or wrong hahaha. Thanks for the laughs

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I'm happy to comply.
I try to get along with people.
And people with unclear gender status get a
little extra consideration. A tough road they face.

SNL...so not progressive, eh.
Pat is so funny. And very interesting how it puts a big neon sign on how much we rely on visual cues and gendered assumptions when we communicate.

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
:D:D:D:D. I knew you were waiting for me to say anything you can use and twist which is why i made sure I gave it to you just to see if i was right or wrong hahaha. Thanks for the laughs
So you don't actually believe any of the things you wrote in this thread, you were playing the role of a rude idiot as a joke?

That's brilliant!

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Pat is so funny. And very interesting how it puts a big neon sign on how much we rely on visual cues and gendered assumptions when we communicate.
I remember it being a funny concept.
But it wore thin quickly.
I don't mind it being offensive...it just wasn't funny.
Not like Tounces The Driving Cat.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I remember it being a funny concept.
But it wore thin quickly.
I don't mind it being offensive...it just wasn't funny.
Not like Tounces The Driving Cat.
I never watched enough for it to wear thin. It's all the awkward responses of others I find highly amusing. Even a bit relatable.

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe

My name is Erin, but if I had bad memories attached to that name and I asked you to call me my middle name instead, would you squint at my driver’s license or birth certificate or something and say, “nope, says here your name’s Erin, Erin?”

Would you consider that too much of a courtesy to grant?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
My name is Erin, but if I had bad memories attached to that name and I asked you to call me my middle name instead, would you squint at my driver’s license or birth certificate or something and say, “nope, says here your name’s Erin, Erin?”

Would you consider that too much of a courtesy to grant?
You could just keep calling someone jabroni. Of course it's likely this person will protest, but who said you have to comply with that jabroni?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
"its pat" skit was offensive? or are you talking about something else? If yes, I am wondering how. The home alone chick (forgot her name) behind the register did her best to try and assist Pat
That wasn't her best. It was exaggerated and over the top. Ya know? Comedy.

Earthtank

In this very particular situation (without know much more context)
That wasn't her best. It was exaggerated and over the top. Ya know? Comedy.
Agreed and that's why I am asking where the offensive stuff was if he was referring to that skit.

Last edited: