• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The LAW of Moses Definitely set aside ?

dan p

Hi to all , and most believers refuse to believe that the Law of Moses was set aside !

#1 , The leadership of Israel refused the Baptism of John and stopped others from entering the Kingdom of Heaven .

#2 , Christ FULFILLED the Law on the Corss !!

#3 , The Nation of Israel had for more than 1500 years of the sacrifices , of cattle , sheep and other animals for the SINS OF THE PEOPLE AND these Sins were paid for on the cross,

#4 , The verse that explains this is found in Heb 9;15 , " that by means of death , FOR THE REDEMPTION THAT WERE UNDER THE FIRST COVENANT !! N This means that the Old Covenant has been set aside and will never come back !!

#5 , In John 19:30 , Jesus said " it is finish " !!

#6 , " iT IS FINISH " in John 19:30 , is in the Greek Perfect Tense , Passive Voice and Indicative Mood .

#7 , The Perfect tense means that Jesus can NEVER again be Crucified ever again !!

#8 , The Passive voice means that it was God that did the action !

#9 , This also means that the 10 commandments are also out , along with water Baptism .

#10 , In 70 AD , Titus a Roman General came and sacked Jerusalem and Israel has been set aside " until the FULNESS of the Gentiles be come in " in Rom 11:25 as today it is the time of the GENTILES .

dan p

Bob Dixon

>implying
Not one jot or tittle, etc, etc, etc.

It is easier for heaven and earth to pass away, etc, etc, etc.

Both straight from the horse's mouth.

The end.

rusra02

Premium Member
Hi to all , and most believers refuse to believe that the Law of Moses was set aside !

#1 , The leadership of Israel refused the Baptism of John and stopped others from entering the Kingdom of Heaven .

#3 , The Nation of Israel had for more than 1500 years of the sacrifices , of cattle , sheep and other animals for the SINS OF THE PEOPLE AND these Sins were paid for on the cross,

#4 , The verse that explains this is found in Heb 9;15 , " that by means of death , FOR THE REDEMPTION THAT WERE UNDER THE FIRST COVENANT !! N This means that the Old Covenant has been set aside and will never come back !!

#6 , " iT IS FINISH " in John 19:30 , is in the Greek Perfect Tense , Passive Voice and Indicative Mood .

#7 , The Perfect tense means that Jesus can NEVER again be Crucified ever again !!

#9 , This also means that the 10 commandments are also out , along with water Baptism .

#10 , In 70 AD , Titus a Roman General came and sacked Jerusalem and Israel has been set aside " until the FULNESS of the Gentiles be come in " in Rom 11:25 as today it is the time of the GENTILES .

dan p

I'm puzzled why you think water baptism is 'out', since after Jesus resurrection, he specifically commanded his disciples to 'Go, therefore, and make disciples of people of all the nations, baptizing them.' (Matthew 28:19,20)

dan p

I'm puzzled why you think water baptism is 'out', since after Jesus resurrection, he specifically commanded his disciples to 'Go, therefore, and make disciples of people of all the nations, baptizing them.' (Matthew 28:19,20)

Hi , and what you have written is true and the notice to who that command was given to , the 11 , in Matt 28:16 ,

The big queation is , What does Nation / ETHNOS means ??

What is missed in my opinion , is that The MESSIAH was cutoff and that means the Kingdom 0f Heaven is Postponed until " until the FULNESS of the Gentiles be come in " Rom 11:25 , dan p

TheKnight

Guardian of Life
Is Baptism how people entered the Kingdom of Heaven?

Really? How did he did that?

Sin is not an object that needs paying for. A sin is the result of our inability to properly understand our surroundings and control our natural impulses. Sin is only relevant to those interested in abiding by God's laws. It is, essentially, failure to do that.

It's not like sin is some kind of debt humanity incurred when Adam ate the fruit. Sin is our opportunity to do tikkun olam, repairing the world, on ourselves. It's not something you pay for, it's something you overcome.

Psalms 119:152 "Of old have I known from your statutes that you have established them forever. "

One verse of hundreds echoing the same sentiment.

I just said "It is finished" in my room. Like when Jesus said it, nothing happened and nothing changed.

Surely the dead cannot die twice.

I mean, if we get technical about it, God is behind everyone's death.

Psalms 119:152" Long ago I learned from your statutes that you established them to last forever." :eek: Oh snap! How did that get there? There's that pesky one of hundreds of verses again.

Jeremiah 31:34-35: "Thus says the LORD, Who gives the sun for a light by day, and the moon and the stars for a light by night, who stirs up the sea, that the waves thereof roar, the LORD of hosts is His name: If these shall depart from before Me, says the LORD, only then shall the seed of Israel also shall cease from being a nation before Me forever."

The sun is shining, the moon is still up there, the stars are still numerous, the ocean is doing just fine..Hmm, must mean the Jews are still God's people.

dan p

Is Baptism how people entered the Kingdom of Heaven?

Really? How did he did that?

Hi , and Baptism was given to Israel only as John 1:31 reveals .

John and Jesus both preach Repent fot the Kingdom of Heaven is at hand .

The reason that Baprism was given to Israel and needed to be cleaned up , , for Israel eas to be a Kingdom of Priests , Rev 1:6 and Ex 19:6 , dan p

Shermana

Heretic

Strange, I find it that most believers DO think the Law of Moses is done away with.

What's the point of that in relation to the LAw?

The word "Fufilled" is highly misunderstood. Paul tells believers to "Fulfill the Law of Christ", does that mean Paul is telling them to do away with the Law? Why did Jesus say "I have not come to abolish the Law"? The word "Fulfill" in Greek actually means "To fill up". If I "fulfilled my obligations for the day" does that mean by work done disappears?

So are you promoting that Christians are allowed to sin however they want? Can they commit adultery, murder, and theft as they please? If not, why not?

And what do you think of the "New Covenant" as its spoken of in Jeremiah? What did Paul mean in Romans 2:13 and 3:31?

He was talking about his ministry while alive.

Link that supports this claim please.

Link that supports this. Either way, this has nothing to do with the Law itself but of him serving as the Guilt Offering mentioned in Isaiah 53:10.

Once again, prove that its the passive voice. And prove how it shows "God did the action".

So are you saying you are allowed to murder, steal, (those two are not covered in Acts 15), dishonor your parents (not covered in Acts 15 either), commit adultery, covet, and worship idols?

Funny, the first converts were all Jews. The Pauline Epistle's authenticity are debatable as well.

dan p

Strange, I find it that most believers DO think the Law of Moses is done away with.

What's the point of that in relation to the LAw?

The word "Fufilled" is highly misunderstood. Paul tells believers to "Fulfill the Law of Christ", does that mean Paul is telling them to do away with the Law? Why did Jesus say "I have not come to abolish the Law"? The word "Fulfill" in Greek actually means "To fill up". If I "fulfilled my obligations for the day" does that mean by work done disappears?

So are you promoting that Christians are allowed to sin however they want? Can they commit adultery, murder, and theft as they please? If not, why not?

And what do you think of the "New Covenant" as its spoken of in Jeremiah? What did Paul mean in Romans 2:13 and 3:31?

He was talking about his ministry while alive.

Link that supports this claim please.

Link that supports this. Either way, this has nothing to do with the Law itself but of him serving as the Guilt Offering mentioned in Isaiah 53:10.

Once again, prove that its the passive voice. And prove how it shows "God did the action".

So are you saying you are allowed to murder, steal, (those two are not covered in Acts 15), dishonor your parents (not covered in Acts 15 either), commit adultery, covet, and worship idols?

Funny, the first converts were all Jews. The Pauline Epistle's authenticity are debatable as well.

Hi , and the New Covenant was also given to Israel as NO COVENANT were given to Gentiles .

The perfect Tense of John 19:30 is easy to prove , like the Blue Letter Bible has the Parsing all laid out for the Verb Tenses , dan p

Shermana

Heretic
Hi , and the New Covenant was also given to Israel as NO COVENANT were given to Gentiles .

The perfect Tense of John 19:30 is easy to prove , like the Blue Letter Bible has the Parsing all laid out for the Verb Tenses , dan p

So you have no objection if I said that you're promoting the idea that gentiles are allowed to murder and steal and covet and worship idols under this belief If not, why not?

Are you aware what it says in Jeremiah about this "New Covenant"? Do you understand what a "New Covenant" means? Why didn't the other "New Covenants" involve abolishing the Law? Why did Jesus specifically say "I have not come to abolish the Law"?

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony

First of all your OP is refuted by what the biblical Yeshua, (A Jew) said about following the law and teaching and preaching to others to not follow the law. Be careful not to mix Yeshua's commandments with Paul's doctrine.

Additionally...try not to put too much stock in the the KJV at blueletterbible.com. It is severely lacking in many areas....;)

JacobEzra.

Dr. Greenthumb

Not all of the first converts were Jews. :rolleyes: Acts spells that out big time.

As for your silly logic that if we are not under the Mosaic law then we are lawless and can do whatever we want is a failure. All it means is we are not under the obligation for sacrifice and observing the celebrations and rituals such as circumcision and strict kosher laws

Shermana

Heretic
Not all of the first converts were Jews. :rolleyes: Acts spells that out big time.

Cornelius was the first Gentile convert. Thus, all the FIRST converts to Christ were Jews UNTIL Cornelius. I guess I REALLY need to be clear when you're around.

As for your silly logic that if we are not under the Mosaic law then we are lawless and can do whatever we want is a failure.
Can you get scripture to place the dividing line between what is allowed and what is not, in complete detail ?

All it means is we are not under the obligation for sacrifice and observing the celebrations and rituals such as circumcision and strict kosher laws
Can you get scripture to back this position? And if you're going to use Paul, be prepared for a discussion on Paul's authenticity. As well as on Acts 15.

Shermana

Heretic
ACTS 15

Oh wait, you don't like what is said there so its not legit :rolleyes: Just like with Ruth :rolleyes:

It's not just that I don't like it, there are MULTIPLE SCHOLARS who also say that it's not legit. And also, it spells out ONLY four rules. If you add any rules to those 4, you're negating what it says to begin with. And murder and theft are not on that list of 4. Would you refuse a bloody steak?

As for Ruth, it directly clashes with the ending of Ezra, your reply was that Ezra was just stressed out.

Last edited:

JacobEzra.

Dr. Greenthumb
It's not just that I don't like it, there are MULTIPLE SCHOLARS who also say that it's not legit. And also, it spells out ONLY four rules. If you add any rules to those 4, you're negating what it says to begin with. And murder and theft are not on that list of 4. Would you refuse a bloody steak?

As for Ruth, it directly clashes with the ending of Ezra, your reply was that Ezra was just stressed out.

lol my reply was more then that.

As with multipule scholars, means nothing. Multiple scholars say Ashkenazim are actually Khazars. Doesn't make them right either :rolleyes: unless you follow your logic.

As for someone who rejects what I said, I wonder when the last time you sacrificed to God.

Shermana

Heretic
lol my reply was more then that.

As with multipule scholars, means nothing. Multiple scholars say Ashkenazim are actually Khazars. Doesn't make them right either :rolleyes: unless you follow your logic.

As for someone who rejects what I said, I wonder when the last time you sacrificed to God.

Are you saying that you don't accept any scholarly debate or critique on the issues of authenticity of the canon? Speaks volumes. Besides, Acts 15 seems to somewhat clash with Paul's epistles' version of the account to begin with. I also asked you, would you refuse a bloody steak. No answer? Do you refrain from eating blood or not?

How am I supposed to sacrifice without a Temple standing and a priesthood to do it? How were the Israelites able to do it while in Captivity? And why does Jesus give instructions to "Make up with your brother first before presenting your offering"? Was that advice only meant for a few days before his execution?

Why don't you say what "more" there was to your reply other than Ezra being in a bad mood. Ruth clearly clashes with the ending of Ezra, end of story.

And I'd like to see any legitimate scholar who says that the Ashkenazim are all descended from Khazars.

Last edited:

JacobEzra.

Dr. Greenthumb
Are you saying that you don't accept any scholarly debate or critique on the issues of authenticity of the canon? Speaks volumes. Besides, Acts 15 seems to somewhat clash with Paul's epistles' version of the account to begin with. I also asked you, would you refuse a bloody steak. No answer? Do you refrain from eating blood or not?

How am I supposed to sacrifice without a Temple standing and a priesthood to do it? How were the Israelites able to do it while in Captivity?
Why would I eat blood? I still, for the most part, eat Kosher.

Well how dare you call others lawless and breakers of Mosaic law, when you do not even follow it. All the Apostles were saying is the rituals are not needed. Even though Christ centred rituals and festivals replaced them

Why don't you say what "more" there was to your reply other than Ezra being in a bad mood. Ruth clearly clashes with the ending of Ezra, end of story.
Why don't you go see what I posted?