• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The last post is the WINNER!

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
It's a ****ing shame that so much **** goes down before you learn what he has and does not have.
I have been screaming OCD for so long...

I think I get brushed off as a nervous helicopter mom at times. I do not express emotion well. I seem nervous and perhaps a busybody. These kind people have no idea what the hell I'm handling. The trouble is, I say exactly what's happening in a plain and simple tone.

When I was young, I had a very small house with shiny paneling. I could see flames reflecting on the wall by my bedroom. I walked over, peeked in my room, and saw the bed was on fire. I walked out to the living room and told the guys "bed's on fire." I went to the kitchen and got a giant pan of water. Went back through. They asked "what are you doing with all that water?" I, with more annoyance this time, said "I just told you the bed is on fire." Apparently, they didn't believe me because of my monotone. (The bed was put out without any major damage.)

Well, the bed's on fire again. My sister said Ares is more of a challenge than her residents, and my buddy said there's no way in hell any respite care worker would take Ares on because he's too big of a challenge. I don't think the folks overseeing him realize that what has me nervous and frazzled would break many people.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
I can't count the number of stories like that where people, women especially, are ignored, pooh-poohed and so forth.

Most
I've considered getting my mother drunk and taking her to the next appointment, so she can put the proper emotion into it.

I do like the psychiatrist, but I realize my own communication oddities are damning me here.

I've considered getting a list of signatures confirming this is indeed a major, major problem.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
pp8n9.jpg

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I've considered getting my mother drunk and taking her to the next appointment, so she can put the proper emotion into it.

I do like the psychiatrist, but I realize my own communication oddities are damning me here.

I've considered getting a list of signatures confirming this is indeed a major, major problem.
My father died from pancreatic cancer. I took the doc an article listing pancreas symptoms but the doc dismissed it out-of-hand instead diagnosing my dad with cerebral arteriosclerosis and subjecting him to electroshock "therapy". So I'm personally familiar with the "doc does not listen" issue. Whatever you label as your communication oddities, I don't see them here on RF. And besides which, doctors should ****ing listen.

It's not your symptoms but I wonder if you're situation is being made worse because Gaslighting in women’s health: No it’s not just in your head

Finally as far as OCD vs ADHD goes: ADHD vs. OCD: Differences, symptoms, treatment, and more

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
My father died from pancreatic cancer. I took the doc an article listing pancreas symptoms but the doc dismissed it out-of-hand instead diagnosing my dad with cerebral arteriosclerosis and subjecting him to electroshock "therapy". So I'm personally familiar with the "doc does not listen" issue.
That's terrible. :( I'm so sorry....
Whatever you label as your communication oddities, I don't see them here on RF. And besides which, doctors should ****ing listen.
I have almost no 'non verbal communication'. This doesn't matter online(or in groups of old Buddhist men), but this has been a huge obstacle for me in day to day living.
It's not your symptoms but I wonder if you're situation is being made worse because Gaslighting in women’s health: No it’s not just in your head
I think I'm being picked up as "Ma has trouble handling the challenges of autistic child". Ha! I've she only knew. I could probably handle 5 'challenging' children(autism or not), or 10 'normal' ones, and still sit back with a drink with an umbrella.
I hear they're a struggle together... but I'm still not sure he has it.