• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The last post is the WINNER!

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
In your state then, no one registers by party?
I do not think that one registers what party one is in In the past one could always vote in one or the other major parties' primaries. Now there is an open primary ballot. In fact if the top two candidates for a particular seat are both Republican or Democrat then in the election those two will go against each other.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I had to double check. You cannot register for a party in my state even if you want to. The state's official attitude is "We don't care. Vote for whomever you like". The only vote that ever requires one to state a party is the Presidential primary. I do not even bother with that since I have yet to see when the candidate is not chosen by the time the primary races are held here. In the case of the Presidential primary one has to state that one is a Democrat or a Republican and then vote only for the Republican candidate or the Democratic one. When the actual vote for President is held you can always change your mind and vote for whomever you want.

Both parties trust the voter when it comes to the primaries. There is no attempt to double check to make sure that people voted "right".