• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Kindness Box

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
You Never Know What Someone Is Going Through: 13 Reasons To Always Be Kind

You don't know what others are going through when they are irritating, unpleasant, or short-tempered.

It’s not about you. It almost never is, and that’s a good thing.

Negative interactions with others are unfortunately inevitable, but we do have power over how we respond to them.

Whether some guy cut you off in traffic or the waiter forgot your drink order, you never know what someone is going through until you walk in their shoes.

Before you shout obscenities from your car window or leave a bad tip, consider what they might have gone through today and the positive impact being caring towards them could make.

You Never Know What Someone Is Going Through: 13 Reasons To Always Be Kind

Cheers!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
As a society, we spend a lot of time thinking about what it means to be happy. A loving-kindness meditation is a good way to start.

We don't want to simply survive.

We want to thrive as happy, productive individuals.

We want meaning and purpose, as well as fulfilling relationships and experiences.

There are as many opinions on how to find happiness as there are scientists and researchers.

Yet one simple dictum has been cited again and again in ancient wisdom and modern science: if you want to feel happier, do more for others.

Read more -

Loving Kindness Meditation: The Path To Joy And Inner Peace

:)

FineLinen

I believe

That we don’t have to change friends if we understand that friends change.

I believe-

That no matter how good a friend is, they’re going to hurt you every once in a
while and, you must forgive them for that.

I believe-

That true friendship continues to grow, even over the longest distance.
Same goes for true love.

I believe- That you can do something in an instant that will give you heartache for life.

I believe-

That it’s taking me a long time to become the person I want to be.

I believe-

That you should always leave loved ones with loving words. It may be the last time you see them

I believe-

That you can keep going long after you can’t

I believe-

That we are responsible for what we do, no matter how we feel.

I believe-

That either you control your attitude or it controls you.

I believe-

That regardless of how hot and steamy a relationship is at first, the passion fades and there
had better be something else to take its place.

I believe-

That heroes are the people who do what has to be done when it needs to be done,
regardless of the consequences.

I believe-

That money is a lousy way of keeping score.

I believe-

That my best friend and I can do anything or nothing and have the best time!

I believe-

That sometimes the people you expect to kick you when you’re down, will be the ones to help you get back up.

I believe-

That sometimes when I’m angry I have the right to be angry, but that doesn’t give me the right to be cruel.

I believe-

That just because someone doesn’t love you the way you want them to doesn’t mean they don’t love you with all they have.

I believe-

That maturity has more to do with what types of experiences you’ve had and what you’ve
learned from them and less to do with how many birthdays you’ve celebrated.

I believe-

That it isn’t always enough to be forgiven by others.
Sometimes you have to learn to forgive yourself.

I believe-

That no matter how bad your heart is broken the world doesn’t stop for your grief.

I believe-

That our background and circumstances may have influenced
who we are, but we are responsible for who we become.

I believe-

That just because two people argue, it doesn’t mean they don’t love each other, And just
because they don’t argue, it doesn’t mean they do.

I believe-

That you shouldn’t be so eager to find out a secret. It could change your life forever.

I believe-

That two people can look at the exact same thing and see something totally different.

I believe-

That your life can be changed in a matter of hours by people who don’t even know you.

I believe-

That even when you think you have no more to give, when a
friend cries out to you - you will find the strength to help.

I believe-

That credentials on the wall do not make you a decent human being.

I believe-

That the people you care about most in life are the essence of life.

Tell them today how much you love them and what they mean to you.

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
random-acts-of-kindness-mind-map.gif

Random Acts of Kindness Mind Map

Cheers!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Very well mind kindness

Compassion involves the ability to feel empathy for others. This ability to understand the suffering of other people is an important component that motivates prosocial behaviors, or the desire to help. The ability to feel compassion for another person requires also having empathy and awareness. You need to be able to understand what another person is facing and understand what it might be like to be in their place.

It is important to note that compassion involves more than just empathy. Compassion helps people feel what others are feeling, but also compels them to help others and relieve their suffering. Until recently, scientists knew very little about whether compassion could be cultivated or taught.

Full article here -

Research Suggests the Brain Can Be Trained in Compassion

It looks a great site!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
A Study Showing How Acts of Kindness Make us Happier

Feeling stressed after a long day of work? Treat yourself to a bubble bath. Feeling blue? Treat yourself to a decadent dessert. Feeling frustrated after an argument with a friend? Skip your workout and have an extra scoop of ice cream.

The message is clear: If you want to feel happy, you should focus on your own wishes and desires. Yet this is not the advice that many people grew up hearing. Indeed, most of the world’s religions (and grandmothers everywhere) have long suggested that people should focus on others first and themselves second.

Psychologists refer to such behavior as prosocial behavior and many recent studies have shown that when people have a prosocial focus, doing kind acts for others, their own happiness increases.

But how does prosocial behavior compare to treating yourself in terms of your happiness? And does treating yourself really make you feel happy?

The Science of Happiness in Positive Psychology 101

All the best!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
From the Dalai Lama -

Then think that your mother, for example, has been your mother not only in this lifetime, but also in past lives. Particularly in this life her kindness was boundless at the time of your birth, and before that during gestation she had to undergo all sorts of hardships, and even after birth her affection was such that she was able to surrender her own happiness and pleasure for the sake of the happiness and pleasure of her child. At the time of your birth she felt as joyful as if she had found a treasure, and according to her own capacities she has protected you. You were thus protected until you could stand on your own feet.

After reflecting upon the kindness of mothers, particularly of this lifetime, you should visualize other beings whom you find quite distant and repulsive, even animals, and take them as your object of visualization. Think that although these enemies are harmful to you and are your adversaries in this life, in past lives they must have been your most dear parents and must have even protected and saved your life countless times. Therefore their kindness is boundless. In such a manner you should train your mind.

Another huge site -

Developing the Mind of Great Capacity -- The Dalai Lama – Lion's Roar

Cheers!

FineLinen

"How wise must one be to be always kind!" -Marie Dubsky

"Kind deeds often come back to the givers in fairer shapes than they go." -Louisa M. Alcott

"A good character is the best tombstone. Those who loved you and were helped by you will remember you when forget-me-nots have withered. Carve your name on hearts, not on marble." -Charles H. Spurgeon

"There are few things that are more beautifully infectious than true kindness. It spreads like a magnificent wildfire." -Keith Wynn

holiness-1207699_960_720.jpg

Last edited:

FineLinen

"Kindness is the sunshine in which virtue grows." -Robert Green Ingersoll-

"You can accomplish by kindness what you cannot by force." -Publilius Syrus-

"Guard well within yourself that treasure, kindness. Know how to give without hesitation, how to lose without regret, how to acquire without meanness." -George Sand-

generosity-4993451_960_720.jpg