• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Kindness Box

Knight of Albion

'I have no desire to move mountains, construct monuments or leave behind in my wake material evidence of my existence. But in the final recollection, if the essence of my being has caused a smile to have appeared upon your face or a touch of joy within your heart, then in living I have made my mark'
- Thomas L. Odem Jr.

Sees

Dragonslayer
130308-1.jpg

4consideration

Premium Member
"Kindness is the right use of will. Kindness is GOOD WILL -- expressed as caring, helping, refraining from hurtful actions, sharing, making life work, and consideration of others. Kindness is strength in action. The confidence that comes from showing kindness is a masterful influence in any situation."

Love Without End: Jesus Speaks -- Glenda Green

Knight of Albion

'Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest complement or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around'
- Leo Buscaglia

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
"Human beings are only one of those 8.4 million species. They have no more rights than any other species. All living beings, human and other-than-human, have an equal right to life. Not only do humans have no absolute rights - to take, to control, or to subjugate other forms of life - but they also have extra obligations to practise non-violence, and be humble in the face of the mysterious, glorious, abundant and extraordinary phenomenon of the living world"
--- A Jain Gurudev

Knight of Albion

This was a horrible proposal [that the eight-year-old Albert join a friend in killing birds with a sling...] ... but I dared not refuse for fear he would laugh at me.
So we came to a tree which was still bare, and on which the birds were singing out gaily in the morning, without any fear of us.
Then stooping over like an Indian on the hunt, my companion placed a pebble in the leather of his sling and stretched it. Obeying his peremptory glance I did the same, with frightful twinges of conscience, vowing firmly that I would shoot when he did.
At that very moment the church bells began to sound, mingling with the song of the birds in the sunshine. It was the warning bell that came a half-hour before the main bell. For me it was a voice from heaven.
I threw the sling down, scaring the birds away so that they were safe from my companion's sling, and fled home.
And ever afterwards when the bells of Holy week ring out amidst the leafless trees in the sunshine I remember with moving gratitude how they rang into my heart at that time the commandment 'Thou shalt not kill'
- From 'Memoirs of Childhood and Youth by Dr Albert Schweitzer

Penumbra

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Well yeah but he wielded immense personal power and organized and supported great powerful armies to kick orc butt on a regular basis!

Small acts of kindness to keep darkness at bay plus gigantic armies to kill all the orcs.

Sees

Dragonslayer
Well yeah but he wielded immense personal power and organized and supported great powerful armies to kick orc butt on a regular basis!

Small acts of kindness to keep darkness at bay plus gigantic armies to kill all the orcs.

Yes :D It all starts with a mother's smiles and cuddles though. My day is made that much better when someone says thank you for holding a door or vice versa, and it gets passed on. The little things we were taught and observed when young.