• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Hillary Thread

Jake1001

Computer Simulator
Not likely. First of all, they supposedly didn't get classified as such until after they were downloaded into her server. Secondly, I think most people really don't much care for things such as this because it really doesn't affect them.
You are right, but the biggest danger with this type of issue is whether Hill, in the past, present or future tries (tried) to cover up her mistake(s). That is often how powerful people go down. We will see what happens.

GoodbyeDave

For the last few years, the USA has been leaking secret documents like a sieve. I suspect her private server was probably the one place where they'd be safe!

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
You are right, but the biggest danger with this type of issue is whether Hill, in the past, present or future tries (tried) to cover up her mistake(s). That is often how powerful people go down. We will see what happens.

Jake1001, you may have inadvertently helped the Republicans ought by them seeing your post, as they capitalized on this idea with the Office Space parody ad, "Damn it feels good to be a Clinton" before Clinton had a chance to not cover up her mistakes! But it's not over.

Jake1001

Computer Simulator
Jake1001, you may have inadvertently helped the Republicans ought by them seeing your post, as they capitalized on this idea with the Office Space parody ad, "Damn it feels good to be a Clinton" before Clinton had a chance to not cover up her mistakes! But it's not over.
Hehe, robocop, I doubt I helped the Repobos, but on the other hand, they do need all the help they can get ;).

Btw, what is your prediction for NV and SC ?

Last edited:

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
I am good at understanding politics, but I don't know so much about states. I watched the Republican debates and then said to myself, Rubio did really good and Bush did good and Ted Cruz was neutral and Donald Trump got hurt. Then I looked at the prediction markets and sure enough... Remember to be a good predictor you work well with people, have an opened mind and recognize when a candidate gets hurt or helped.

I predict Trump and Clinton win both of those states, but it's not over. Once California goes around we'll see just how amazingly confused and undecided everyone is. I'll give a word about that later.

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
Nah, I'll speak my mind now. We have people above 50% average running, and everyone under 10% above average is confused and cancelling each other out by indecision or confusion. I think this is good, and I even think we should have a voter card with our IQ on it (even if we don't measure IQ accurately now, those smartest about elections will still decide this election).

But I'm not sure if we're taking it too far this time around. People between 10% to 20% above average IQ and even higher are still confused.

I will argue the merits of such a system with anyone who wants.

Last edited:

Jake1001

Computer Simulator
I am good at understanding politics, but I don't know so much about states. I watched the Republican debates and then said to myself, Rubio did really good and Bush did good and Ted Cruz was neutral and Donald Trump got hurt. Then I looked at the prediction markets and sure enough... Remember to be a good predictor you work well with people, have an opened mind and recognize when a candidate gets hurt or helped.

I predict Trump and Clinton win both of those states, but it's not over. Once California goes around we'll see just how amazingly confused and undecided everyone is. I'll give a word about that later.
I think Trumpy's support is going to start eroding. Rubio is much better. The other Repobos all have big problems.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
I think Trumpy's support is going to start eroding. Rubio is much better. The other Repobos all have big problems.
I still have hope for Kasich. He is the kind of Republican I could support.
Especially if he picked a great VP and Hillary pulled a McCain on us.
Tom

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
It looks like Hill now has the Bern beat out. Everyone on-board ?
It's premature to make a judgement that she's won. But if she does, I'm voting for her given how much MUCH worse anyone the Republicans nominate would be.

Jake1001

Computer Simulator
Well it looks like Hill has things wrapped up. All on board ? I think the defining issue is everyone is dreading the thought of Trump, so we are coming together on what we hope is an electable candidate. Last year, no one would have believed this could happen.

Jake1001

Computer Simulator
At this point we are going to predict that the election will be Hillary vs. Trump ! Everyone agreed ?

What will the defining issues be ?

Jake1001

Computer Simulator
You are predicting NO contested conventions that change the political landscape. I'm not so sure.
Indeed, we are predicting it here. We are "trumping" all the newspapers and TV shows.

The next step is to identify the defining issues of this election. Of course, the economy is going to be the main issue again. It still has not recovered. What is the problem ?

I believe we have still not recovered from the '60's and '70's. During that time our country's leadership started eroding. Japan took over leadership in automotive quality. We have never recovered. The Vietnam War, and the other wars since have also been terribly distracting.

Thoughts ?

Last edited:

Jake1001

Computer Simulator
How are we doing tonight ? Are we concerned the Hill will have to run against the Donald ? The Donald should be the easiest to beat, right ? So why do we have this little uneasy feeling ? Is it because the Donald is a bit rascist ?

Noa

Trump is the best person for us to have to face because he will be so easy to beat. The uneasy feeling is because it is utterly embarrassing that she will even have to campaign against him.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
Trump is the best person for us to have to face because he will be so easy to beat. The uneasy feeling is because it is utterly embarrassing that she will even have to campaign against him.
You show an inordinate faith in polls.

That said, if you like polls, here a four ...

Trump v Clinton ...... Clinton + 6.5
Trump v Sanders .... Sanders + 13.6
Kasich v Clinton ...... Kasich + 7.2
Kasich v Sanders .... Sanders + 3.5​

source