• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Hillary Thread

Jake1001

Computer Simulator
Hi All...this thread has also gone quiet. Are we going have to start a new thread, the Joe Biden thread? Is Hillary toast?

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Is there any stopping Hill now? I guess we have to see how she does at the Bengazi inquest!!
Probably not, and I think the greatest threat to Hillary is not so much the Benghazi hearing but what the FBI probe could possibly turn up.

metis

You mean "email-gate" ? Do you think she is innocent or guilty ?
I really don't have an opinion on it one way or another because there's not enough solid information that I've seen one way or the other. I will say that I think she definitely made a mistake by not going with the government's server, and she has admitted as such.

How about you?

metis

What do you think about those that indulge in conspiracy theories?
Would you vote for them?
I never base my vote on only one aspect, but then let me just say that have disdain for conspiracy theories that assume guilt.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Probably not, and I think the greatest threat to Hillary is not so much the Benghazi hearing but what the FBI probe could possibly turn up.
Neither of these are any threat to a hardened player like Hillary. I am confident that her machine is helping make Email gate as big of a deal as possible now. That way it won't matter next year, except to people who won't vote for her anyway.
People won't even open a story with "Clinton Email" in the headline, by spring of next year. So the media won't publish them. They'll be costing their advertisers money.
And that won't happen.
Tom

metis

Neither of these are any threat to a hardened player like Hillary. I am confident that her machine is helping make Email gate as big of a deal as possible now. That way it won't matter next year, except to people who won't vote for her anyway.
People won't even open a story with "Clinton Email" in the headline, by spring of next year. So the media won't publish them. They'll be costing their advertisers money.
And that won't happen.
Tom
I tend to agree that this is likely to be the case, but FBI probes have to be taken seriously because they only tend to conduct such probes if there's "smoke". Now, whether there's any real "fire" is another matter.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
I tend to agree that this is likely to be the case, but FBI probes have to be taken seriously because they only tend to conduct such probes if there's "smoke". Now, whether there's any real "fire" is another matter.

Why do think that FBI probes are going to be taken seriously by voters?
I don't get it.
The reason I think Clinton will beat Trump is because she can better manage that sort of thing. The FBI probe is unimportant unless they turn up something, and they haven't.
Tom

metis

Why do think that FBI probes are going to be taken seriously by voters?
I don't get it.
The reason I think Clinton will beat Trump is because she can better manage that sort of thing. The FBI probe is unimportant unless they turn up something, and they haven't.
Tom
The probe itself probably won't have an effect, but if that probe were to turn up something criminal or a very serious breach, this could have an effect. Barring that, I believe it's likely she'll get the nomination and probably win the election-- but nothing is a gimme at this point because much can happen over the course of a year.

Last edited:

Jake1001

Computer Simulator
What did everyone think about the Hill / Katie Perry rally?

I think moving forward this Hill thread is going to dominate. Is everyone onboard?

It looks like Bernie Sanders is a big Hill supporter. Did you see him at the debate when he said "who cares about your emails, Hill ? What do you think ?

Jake1001

Computer Simulator
So, Libs, what's up with the Hill campaign ? Is she winning or losing or what ? Right now all the energy is headed toward the Bern' campaign. Is Hill losing her momentum ?

metis

So, Libs, what's up with the Hill campaign ? Is she winning or losing or what ? Right now all the energy is headed toward the Bern' campaign. Is Hill losing her momentum ?
I think she is, especially since her lead in Iowa has pretty much disappeared. She had a sizable lead just a month ago, so the tide is going against her. But there's still a lot of time left to go yet.

TPaine

I believe in one God, and the equality of man.
Hillary Blames Bernie for an Old Clintonite Hustle, and That’s a Rotten Shame

Posted on Jan 19, 2016

By Robert Scheer

The Clintons have no shame, that much you can count on. That stupefying arrogance was on full display in the most recent presidential campaign debate when Hillary Clinton countered Bernie Sanders’ charge that she was compromised by her close ties to Goldman Sachs and other rapacious Wall Street interests with the retort: “Sen. Sanders, you’re the only one on this stage that voted to deregulate the financial markets in 2000, ... to make the SEC and the Commodity Futures Trading Commission no longer able to regulate swaps and derivatives, which were one of the main causes of the collapse in ’08.”

Hillary knows that the disastrous legislation, the Commodity Futures Modernization Act (CFMA), had nothing to do with Sanders and everything to do with then-President Bill Clinton, who devoted his presidency to sucking up to Wall Street. Clinton signed this bill into law as a lame-duck president, ensuring his wife would have massive Wall Street contributions for her Senate run.

Sanders, like the rest of Congress, was blackmailed into voting for the bill because it was tucked into omnibus legislation needed to keep the government operating. Only libertarian Ron Paul and three other House members had the guts to cast a nay vote. The measure freeing Wall Street firms from regulation was inserted at the last moment in a deal between President Clinton and Senate Banking Committee Chairman Phil Gramm, R-Texas, who had failed in an earlier attempt to get the measure enacted. Clinton signed it into law a month before leaving office.

Sanders soon figured out that he and almost all other Congress members had been tricked into providing a blank check for the marketing of bogus collateralized debt obligations and credit default swaps made legal by the legislation, of which a key author was Gary Gensler, the former Goldman Sachs partner recruited by Clinton to be undersecretary of the treasury.

Eight years later, when President Obama nominated Gensler to head the Commodity Futures Trading Commission, it was Sanders who put a temporary hold on the nomination, stating: “Mr. Gensler worked with Sen. Phil Gramm and [former U.S. Federal Reserve Chairman] Alan Greenspan to exempt credit default swaps from regulation, which led to the collapse of AIG and has resulted in the largest taxpayer bailout in U.S. history.”

Today, Gensler is the top economic adviser to Hillary Clinton’s presidential campaign. And the CFMA—key legislation that was “one of the main causes of the collapse in ’08,” enabling the great recession—is an enormous embarrassment that her husband on occasion reluctantly has conceded was drafted by his top aides and signed into law by him with great enthusiasm.

In an awkward power-couple footnote, Greenspan, chief prophet of radical banking deregulation, is married to NBC journalist Andrea Mitchell, one of the two debate moderators Sunday night, who pointedly challenged Sanders with questions about his integrity in his call for reform of the economy. But not as awkward as Hillary having been prepped by her debate adviser Gensler to attack Sanders for his vote for legislation that Gensler wrote when working for her husband.

Who are these Clintonites who now have the temerity to blame Sanders for the economic hustles they authorized?

Gensler in 1999 testified before Congress in support of the total deregulation of toxic derivatives: “OTC derivatives directly and indirectly support higher investment and growth in living standards in the United States and around the world.” As for the credit default swaps, the phony insurance packages that brought AIG to its knees and almost destroyed the world economy, Gensler testified that they should be exempted by his proposed legislation from regulation existing under the Commodity Exchange Act: “swap transactions should not be regulated under the CEA.” Had they been, the financial crisis could have been avoided.

Along with Gensler, Robert Rubin, who was Clinton’s treasury secretary and a former Goldman Sachs chairman, and Lawrence Summers, a Rubin aide who succeeded the treasury secretary before the bill was passed, engineered this legislation, which became law and which Hillary Clinton now has the effrontery to blame on Bernie Sanders.

The same Rubin-Summers wrecking crew had also destroyed the sensible restraints on Wall Street greed, implemented as the Glass-Steagall Act by the administration of Franklin Roosevelt in response to the Great Depression. Hillary Clinton defends the repeal of Glass-Steagall’s separation of commercial and investment banking, while Sanders wants it reinstated.

That repeal, as well as preventing any regulation of the toxic mortgage packages and swaps that still hobble the world economy and wiped out the fortunes of black and brown people with particular severity, is Bill Clinton’s horrid legacy, and it is one that his wife now attempts to blame on Bernie Sanders. Shame.

http://www.truthdig.com/report/item...n_old_clintonite_hustle_rotten_shame_20160119

Jake1001

Computer Simulator
Nice post, TPaine, but the reality is this type of issue is politics as usual during the primary season. We have already seen that the Bern behaves more respectful toward Hill than visa versa, but the bottom line here is we are dealing with two good libs and after the Demo nomination we have to coalesce.

So I suggest let's focus on bringing some vision to the big picture issues: the economy, international issues (immigration, dealing with ISIS, working with a fast changing Europe, Mexico), finding stronger positions than the Repobos.

The reason I think Clinton will beat Trump is because she can better manage that sort of thing.
Tom

Trump and the Republicans need to start adopting the Democrat's strategy and start offering free $hit to garner votes. I'm thinking free day care for the middle class and timeshares in Florida. Maybe throw in some frequent flyer miles.

Jake1001

Computer Simulator
Urgent Update !!!

22 Hillary email documents classified as Top Secret. Is this the end of Hill ?

Last edited:

metis

Urgent Update !!!

22 Hillary email documents classified as Top Secret. Is this the end of Hill ?
Not likely. First of all, they supposedly didn't get classified as such until after they were downloaded into her server. Secondly, I think most people really don't much care for things such as this because it really doesn't affect them.

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
Well I may not be able to beat TPaine's post, but I will say that with the e-mails its been reported (by Fox News at least) that they often exaggerate the security-level of e-mails. What I'm trying to say is that with whoever called these e-mails top secret there is often exaggeration on the side of caution.