• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Great Deception of Christianity - Departing the Faith (the Word)

3rdAngel

From another brothers post CT links and sources provided...

CHANGING OF TIMES AND LAWS DANIEL 7:25 (God’s 4th commandment 7th Day SABBATH TO SUNDAY)

DANIEL 7:25 [25], And HE SHALL SPEAK GREAT WORDS AGAINST THE MOST HIGH, AND SHALL WEAR OUT THE SAINTS OF THE MOST HIGH, AND THINK TO CHANGE TIMES AND LAWS: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time.

Roman Catholicism is very clear about their act of 'changing' (Daniel 7:25) it. For instance:

Latin:

"... Similiter et feriae a fando dicuntur, ob quam causam Silvester papa primus apud Romanos constituit ut dierum nomina quae antea secundum nomina deorum suorum vocabant, id est, Solis, Lunae, Martis, Mercurii, Veneris, Saturni, feria deinceps vocarent, id est, prima feria, secunda feria, tertia feria, quarta feria, quinta feria, sexta feria, quia in principio Genesis scriptum est quod Deus per singulos dies dixerit : prima, Fiat Lux; secunda, Fiat firmamentum; tertia, Producat terra herbam virentem, similiter, etc. Sabbatum autem antiquo legis vocabulo vocare praecepit, et primam feriam diem Dominicam, eo quod Dominus in illa resurrexit. Statuit autem idem papa ut otium sabbati magis in diem Dominicam transferretur, ut ea die a terrenis operibus ad laudandum Deum vacaremus, justa illud quod scriptum est : Vacate et videte, quoniam ego sum Deus (Psal. XLV). ..." - Beati Rabani Mauri, Fuldensis Abbatis et Moguntini Archiepiscopi, de Clericorum Institutione, ad Heistulphum Archiepiscopum; Libri Tres. (Anno 819.) Ad Fratres Fuldenses Epigramma Ejusdem; Liber Secundus, Caput XLVI. Column 361 (Left; PDF page 35) - http://www.documentacatholicaomnia....eistulphum_Archiepiscopum_Libri_Tres,_MLT.pdf

Translated English:

"... Pope Sylvester first among the Romans ordered that the names of the days [of the week], which they previously called after the name of their gods, that is, [the day] of the Sun, [the day] of the Moon, [the day] of Mars, [the day] of Mercury, [the day] of Jupiter, [the day] of Venus, [the day] of Saturn, they should call feriae thereafter, that is the first feria, the second feria, the third feria, the fourth feria, the fifth feria, the sixth feria, because that in the beginning of Genesis it is written that God said concerning each day: on the first, "Let there be light:; on the second, "Let there be a firmament"; on the third, "Let the earth bring forth verdure"; etc. But he [Sylvester] ordered [them] to call the Sabbath by the ancient term of the law, [to call] the first feria the "Lord's day," because on it the Lord rose [from the dead], Moreover, the same pope decreed that the rest of the Sabbath should be transferred rather to the [counterfeit] Lord's day [Sunday], in order that on that day we should rest from worldly works for the praise of God.7 ..." - Exactly Which Pope Changed The Sabbath To Sunday?

Further:

“...yet we find St. Cæsarius of Arles in the sixth century teaching that the holy Doctors of the Church had decreed that the whole glory of the Jewish Sabbath had been transferred to the Sunday, and that Christians must keep the Sunday holy in the same way as the Jews had been commanded to keep holy the Sabbath Day. … From the eight century the law began to be formulated as it exists at the present day, and the local councils forbade servile work, public buying and selling, pleading in the law courts, and the public and solemn taking of oaths. There is a large body of civil legislation on the Sunday rest side by side with the ecclesiastical. ...” [Roman Catholic Online Encyclopedia; Sunday] - CATHOLIC ENCYCLOPEDIA: Sunday

Council of Trent:

“...But the [Roman Catholic] Church of God has in her wisdom ordained that the celebration of the Sabbath should be transferred to [counterfeit] “the Lord's day:” …” [The Catechism of the Council of Trent; On The Third Commandment; pg 267] - The catechism of the Council of Trent

... and many more such citations.

Roman Catholicism, changes so much in their answer on this because they are in great error and attempt obfuscation, you can even read Rome's Challenge here -

ROME'S CHALLENGE - WHY DO PROTESTANTS KEEP SUNDAY?

Even Philip Melanchthon, and the Reformation leadership understood this:

Philip Melanchthon on Daniel 7:25 -

"... But what meaneth the aungell to saye: He shall s•arle or destroye ye hyghe sayn∣tis? verely els but that with his false doctryne capciouse othes articles / & in∣terrogacions he shall fraudelently de∣ceyue and trappe the simple innocents and shed their blode tyrannously. Also he shall arrogantly take vpon him & thin∣ke to change the state of tymes and la∣wes. He weneth to change ye tyme which with swerde and fyer thinketh to shorten the lyfe of man and to preuent and disa∣point gods infallible eternall and immu∣table prouidēce wherby he hath prefiyed euery manis tyme & houre of deth which as noman can differre or prolong it / so cā∣ne noman shorten nor preuent it / except men will make God an ignorant persone and so consequently no god at all. He chā∣geth the tymes and lawes that any of the [page 118-119] sixe worke dayes commanded of god will make them vnholy and idle dayes when he lyste / or of their owne holy dayes abo∣lisshed / make* worke dayes agen / & when they changed ye Saterday into Sondaye / of eting dayes fasting dayes / of mery and glad dayes to marye in / they can make so∣rowfull dayes forbiddinge maryages. They haue changed gods lawes and tur∣ned them into their owne tradiciōs to be kept aboue Gods preceptis. And as for their owne lawes they will change & bre∣ke them when they lyste. And this powr shal anticrist haue whether it be for long or shorte tyme. For so miche sowneth the Hebrew phrase / which is for a tyme / a lyt∣le whyle / & half a tyme / signifyinge that Anticryst shall make lawes to stande as long and as shorte tyme as he listeth and the tymes will he order / sett and change at his owne plesur. But is it not onely ye office of god to chang tymes and lawes? Here is therfore the prophecye fulfylled of him. Euen to exalt himselfe aboue all thing that god is called. This text. But the hyghe saynts he shall tangle trappe & destroye and arrogantly thinke to chan∣ge the tymes and lawes &c. is of diuerse lerned men diuersely translated. ..." -

The exposicion of Daniel the prophete gathered oute of Philip Melanchton, Iohan Ecolampadius, Chonrade Pellicane [and] out of Iohan Draconite. [et] c. By George Ioye. A prophecye diligently to be noted of al emprowrs [and] kinges in these laste dayes

3rdAngel

PAGANISM AND SUN WORSHIP IN THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH
[GALLERY=media, 9248]Obelisk Baal Worship 1 by 3rdAngel posted Feb 18, 2020 at 1:16 PM[/GALLERY]
[GALLERY=media, 9249]Obelisk Baal Worship At The Vatican by 3rdAngel posted Feb 18, 2020 at 1:16 PM[/GALLERY]
[GALLERY=media, 9253]Mary And Pagan Sun Whorship by 3rdAngel posted Feb 18, 2020 at 1:25 PM[/GALLERY]
[GALLERY=media, 9246]Idol Worship in the Church by 3rdAngel posted Feb 18, 2020 at 1:09 PM[/GALLERY][GALLERY=media, 9247]Pagan Isis The Sun Goddess And Catholic Mary compared by 3rdAngel posted Feb 18, 2020 at 1:12 PM[/GALLERY]
[GALLERY=media, 9245]Mary Queen Of Heaven 2 by 3rdAngel posted Feb 18, 2020 at 1:06 PM[/GALLERY]
[GALLERY=media, 9243]Mary worshipped as The Queen Of Heaven by 3rdAngel posted Feb 18, 2020 at 1:00 PM[/GALLERY]
[GALLERY=media, 9251]Popes Pagan Fish Hat Catholic Church by 3rdAngel posted Feb 18, 2020 at 1:19 PM[/GALLERY][GALLERY=media, 9237]Dagon paganism in the Roman Catholic Church by 3rdAngel posted Feb 18, 2020 at 12:46 PM[/GALLERY][GALLERY=media, 9250]Sun worship in Catholic church by 3rdAngel posted Feb 18, 2020 at 1:17 PM[/GALLERY][GALLERY=media, 9252]Pagen Sun Worship In The Roman Catholic Church by 3rdAngel posted Feb 18, 2020 at 1:23 PM[/GALLERY][GALLERY=media, 9238]Shamash the Sun God In The Church by 3rdAngel posted Feb 18, 2020 at 12:48 PM[/GALLERY]
[GALLERY=media, 9254]Sun Goddess IHS Origin Egypt ISIS HEROB And SEB by 3rdAngel posted Feb 18, 2020 at 2:14 PM[/GALLERY]

Last edited:

3rdAngel

Furthermore, notice the following points from REVELATION 17:4 And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet color, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations "

Look at the following photos… (Source: BeastsMark)
[GALLERY=media, 9217]Arrayed in purple and scarlet .. by 3rdAngel posted Feb 15, 2020 at 6:47 AM[/GALLERY]
[GALLERY=media, 9218]Arrayed in purple and scarlet colour... by 3rdAngel posted Feb 15, 2020 at 6:47 AM[/GALLERY]

"............... having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations " -Revelations 17:4

[GALLERY=media, 9219]Having a Golden Cup ...1 by 3rdAngel posted Feb 15, 2020 at 6:47 AM[/GALLERY]
[GALLERY=media, 9220]Having a Golden Cup by 3rdAngel posted Feb 15, 2020 at 6:47 AM[/GALLERY]

Look at these scriptures then look at the photos that follow….

2 THESSALONIANS 2:3-4 ...he (the man of sin) as God sits in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

REVELATION 20:11.....I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.

ISAIAH 37:16 O LORD of hosts, God of Israel, that dwells between the cherubims, thou art the God, even thou alone, of all the kingdoms of the earth: thou hast made heaven and earth.

Now look at these pics below.... who is sitting on the great white throne in Rev 20:11? Who is sitting between the two cherubims of Isa 37:16? Who is sitting in the temple of God showing himself that he is God in 2 Thessalonians 2:3-4?
[GALLERY=media, 9221]Great white throne - Counterfiet to God's by 3rdAngel posted Feb 15, 2020 at 6:47 AM[/GALLERY]

3rdAngel

REVELATION 13:9-18 [14], And deceives them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live. [15], And he had power to give life to the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed. [16], And he causes all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:[17], And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.
[18], Here is wisdom. Let him that has understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred three score and six.

Mirror images…
[GALLERY=media, 9234]Roman Catholic Church - Vatican by 3rdAngel posted Feb 18, 2020 at 6:38 AM[/GALLERY]
[GALLERY=media, 9235]Image to the Beast - Washington DC by 3rdAngel posted Feb 18, 2020 at 6:39 AM[/GALLERY]

3rdAngel

According to the scriptures I believe God is calling his people where ever they may be out from following the teachings and traditions of men that break the commandments of God.

REVELATION 18:1-5 [1], And after these things I saw another angel come down from heaven, having great power; and the earth was lightened with his glory. [2], And he cried mightily with a strong voice, saying, Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird. [3], For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies. [4], And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that you be not partakers of her sins, and that you receive not of her plagues. [5], For her sins have reached to heaven, and God has remembered her iniquities.

God's Sheep hear his Voice...

Samantha Rinne

Resident Genderfluid Writer/Artist
"Great" cut & paste hate-filled bigotry. Sure glad my church doesn't do that.

Actually, the churches that don't have "hate-filled bigotry" are just as wrong as those who are actually telling people "god hates gays" or blow up abortion clinics.

From the National Review on what the pope is currently doing.

Pope Francis, Wayward Shepherd | National Review
  1. Fawning over despotic countries because they are globalist/communist.
  2. Remaining silent about clerical abuses like sexual abuse (and cover-ups)
  3. Promoting humanism and secularism, diluting the actual Christian message in favor of "what's modern."
  4. Turning the Catholic Church into an extension of the UN or EU.
  5. October 2019, he actually had people bow before the Incan fertility god, Pachamama. Idolatry, anyone?
All of this in the name of tolerance and cultural relativism. But it's all very evil.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
@3rdAngel, As my good friend, Draka, once pointed out: "Debating some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter how good at playing chess you are, the pigeon is just going to knock down all the pieces, poop on the board, and walk around all triumphant." That's what happens in every thread you post on. Go ahead and do your victory dance, little pigeon. We're all onto you, and as of right now, you are on ignore. I've had it with your constantly putting words into my mouth and I've had it with your egotistical, self-righteous attitude. Goodbye and good riddance.

3rdAngel

@3rdAngel, As my good friend, Draka, once pointed out: "Debating some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter how good at playing chess you are, the pigeon is just going to knock down all the pieces, poop on the board, and walk around all triumphant." That's what happens in every thread you post on. Go ahead and do your victory dance, little pigeon. We're all onto you, and as of right now, you are on ignore. I've had it with your constantly putting words into my mouth and I've had it with your egotistical, self-righteous attitude. Goodbye and good riddance.

Hmm well aren't you the funny one. All I have posted is scripture here and your the one doing all the name calling. Well let me know if you would like to have a discussion. I only wish you all the best. You are free to believe as you wish. We all answer only to God come judgment day :)

Dan From Smithville

What we've got here is failure to communicate.
Staff member
Premium Member
You really cannot figure it out, can you? You are completely and utterly blind to the fact that the "scriptures" that you insist be the only things discussed are the works of humans -- like the thousands and thousands of other "scriptures" that are not from the Bible but that have been written by humans.

And you cannot even begin to see that any "discussion" about something you see as being directly from God, and that your interlocutor sees as being directly from a human, cannot lead to any rational discussion at all.

You've accepted you magic, and you are unwilling to talk to anybody in any terms that do not accept your magic. And in that situation, any rational discussion with you is simply impossible. You've already placed yourself outside of the rational universe.
I agree with you completely.

Dan From Smithville

What we've got here is failure to communicate.
Staff member
Premium Member
I read through you posts and did not see you call anyone names. I do not recall you ever resorting to that sort of thing either. It must be a mistake. Surely, someone would not just make that up.

3rdAngel

PAGANISM AND SUN WORSHIP IN THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH - CONTINUED
[GALLERY=media, 9257]Halo From The Sun God by 3rdAngel posted Feb 18, 2020 at 6:33 PM[/GALLERY]
[GALLERY=media, 9255]Halo From The Sun God and paganism by 3rdAngel posted Feb 18, 2020 at 6:32 PM[/GALLERY]
[GALLERY=media, 9256]Halo From The Sun God by 3rdAngel posted Feb 18, 2020 at 6:32 PM[/GALLERY][GALLERY=media, 9240]Pagan Isis And Horus With Sun Disc Mary and Jesus In The Church by 3rdAngel posted Feb 18, 2020 at 12:52 PM[/GALLERY]
[GALLERY=media, 9261]Suyra Mitra Sun God by 3rdAngel posted Feb 18, 2020 at 7:15 PM[/GALLERY]
[GALLERY=media, 9239]Babylonian Sun Worship In The Church by 3rdAngel posted Feb 18, 2020 at 12:50 PM[/GALLERY]
[GALLERY=media, 9258]Jesus Halo by 3rdAngel posted Feb 18, 2020 at 6:59 PM[/GALLERY]
[GALLERY=media, 9259]Jesus Halo 2 by 3rdAngel posted Feb 18, 2020 at 7:00 PM[/GALLERY]
[GALLERY=media, 9260]Jesus Sun Halo by 3rdAngel posted Feb 18, 2020 at 7:01 PM[/GALLERY]
[GALLERY=media, 9262]Halo Mary by 3rdAngel posted Feb 18, 2020 at 9:10 PM[/GALLERY]
[GALLERY=media, 9250]Sun worship in Catholic church by 3rdAngel posted Feb 18, 2020 at 1:17 PM[/GALLERY]
[GALLERY=media, 9252]Pagen Sun Worship In The Roman Catholic Church by 3rdAngel posted Feb 18, 2020 at 1:23 PM[/GALLERY]
[GALLERY=media, 9254]Sun Goddess IHS Origin Egypt ISIS HEROB And SEB by 3rdAngel posted Feb 18, 2020 at 2:14 PM[/GALLERY]

Daniel 7:25 [25], And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time.

Changes God's 4th commandment seventh day Sabbath *EXODUS 20:8-11 to SUNDAY the day of the SUN..

Since the Bible from Genesis to Revelation recognizes only the Saturday Sabbath as the weekly day of rest, then how did the practice of Sunday worship come about? What is its origin? No doubt Christians felt Sunday should be observed to commemorate the resurrection, but where in the Bible do Jesus or the disciples make such a statement? Who sanctioned the replacement of the Sabbath with Sunday or claims to have done so? Many books have been written on this subject, and I can only hope to scratch the surface here in this short article, but I hope it will prompt the reader to do further research on this topic. Here are just a few extracts -

Emperor Aurelian begins new Sun cult. (274 A.D.)

[p. 55] In 274, Aurelian … created a new cult of the “Invincible Sun.” Worshipped in a splendid temple, served by pontiffs who were raised to the level of the ancient pontiffs of Rome, celebrated every fourth year by magnificent games, Sol Invictus was definitely promoted to the highest rank in the divine hierarchy and became the official protector of the Sovereigns and of the Empire… He [Aurelian] placed in his new sanctuary the images of Bel and Helios, which he captured at Palmyra. In establishing this new State cult, Aurelian in reality proclaimed the dethronement of the old Roman idolatry and the accession of Semitic Sun-worship…
[p. 56] This sidereal theology, founded on ancient beliefs of Chaldean astrologers, transformed in the Hellenistic age under the twofold influence of astronomic discoveries and Stoic thought, [was] promoted, after becoming a pantheistic Sun-worship, to the rank of official religion of the Roman Empire.

Source: Franz Cumont, Astrology and Religion Among the Greeks and Romans (reprint; New York: Dover Publications, Inc., 1960), pp. 55, 56.

First Sunday Law enacted by Emperor Constantine -
March, 321 A.D.

On the venerable Day of the Sun let the magistrates and people residing in cities rest, and let all workshops be closed. In the country, however, persons engaged in agriculture may freely and lawfully continue their pursuits; because it often happens that another day is not so suitable for grain-sowing or for vine-planting; lest by neglecting the proper moment for such operations the bounty of heaven should be lost. (Given the 7th day of March, Crispus and Constantine being consuls each of them for the second time [A.D. 321].)

Source: Codex Justinianus, lib. 3, tit. 12, 3; trans. in Philip Schaff, History of the Christian Church, Vol. 3 (5th ed.; New York: Scribner, 1902), p. 380, note 1.

Transition from Pagan to Christian

[p. 122] This legislation by Constantine probably bore no relation to Christianity; it appears, on the contrary, that the emperor, in his capacity of Pontifex Maximus, was only adding the day of the Sun, the worship of which was then firmly [p. 123] established in the Roman Empire, to the other ferial days of the sacred calendar…
[p. 270] What began, however, as a pagan ordinance, ended as a Christian regulation; and a long series of imperial decrees, during the fourth, fifth, and sixth centuries, enjoined with increasing stringency abstinence from labour on Sunday.

Source: Hutton Webster, Rest Days, pp. 122, 123, 270. Copyright 1916 by The Macmillan Company, New York.

Yes, the title Pontifex Maximus is pagan, derived from the Sun worshipping Roman Empire, and the source of the papal title of Pontiff.

Pagan Festivals and Church Policy

The Church made a sacred day of Sunday … largely because it was the weekly festival of the sun; for it was a definite Christian policy to take over the pagan festivals endeared to the people by tradition, and to give them a Christian significance.

Source: Arthur Weigall, The Paganism in Our Christianity, p. 145. Copyright 1928 by G. p. Putnam’s Sons, New York.

Pope Sylvester I (314-335 A.D.)
Decrees the Transfer of Sabbath Rest to Sunday:

Rabanus Maurus (776-856), abbot of Fulda and later archbishop of Mainz, Germany, was rated one of the greatest theologians of his age and probably the most cultured man of his time, and exceptionally learned in patristics. Besides, he was a zealous defender of the papacy and its teachings. In one of his works, he says,
Pope Sylvester instructed the clergy to keep the feriae. And, indeed, from an old custom he called the first day [of the week] the "Lord's [day]," on which the light was made in the beginning and also the resurrection of Christ is celebrated.6

Rabanus Maurus does not mean to say that Sylvester was the first man who referred to the days of the week as feriae or who first started the observance of Sunday among Christians. He means that, according to the testimony of Roman Catholic writers, Sylvester confirmed those practices and made them official insofar as his church was concerned. Hence Rabanus says elsewhere in his writings:

Pope Sylvester first among the Romans ordered that the names of the days [of the week], which they previously called after the name of their gods, that is, [the day] of the Sun, [the day] of the Moon, [the day] of Mars, [the day] of Mercury, [the day] of Jupiter, [the day] of Venus, [the day] of Saturn, they should call feriae thereafter, that is the first feria, the second feria, the third feria, the fourth feria, the fifth feria, the sixth feria, because that in the beginning of Genesis it is written that God said concerning each day: on the first, "Let there be light:; on the second, "Let there be a firmament"; on the third, "Let the earth bring forth verdure"; etc. But he [Sylvester] ordered [them] to call the Sabbath by the ancient term of the law, [to call] the first feria the "Lord's day," because on it the Lord rose [from the dead], Moreover, the same pope decreed that the rest of the Sabbath should be transferred rather to the Lord's day [Sunday], in order that on that day we should rest from worldly works for the praise of God.7

Note particularly, he says that "the same pope [Sylvester I] decreed that the rest of the Sabbath should be transferred rather to the Lord's day [Sunday]."8 According to this statement, he was the first bishop to introduce the idea that the divinely appointed rest of the Sabbath day should be transferred to the first day of the week. This is significant, especially in view of the fact that it was during Sylvester's pontificate that the emperor of Rome [Constantine] issued the first civil laws compelling men to rest from secular labor on Sunday, and that Eusebius, bishop of Caesarea, was the first theologian on record to present arguments, allegedly from the Scriptures, that Christ did transfer the rest of the Sabbath day to Sunday.

6 Rabanus Maurus, Liber de Computo (A book Concerning Computation), Chap. XXVII ("Concerning Festivals"), as translated by the writer from the Latin text in Migne's Patrologia Latina, Vol. CVII, col. 682.

7 ------------, De Clericorum Institutione (Concerning the Instruction of the Clergymen), Book II, Chap. XLVI, as translated by the writer from the Latin text in Migne's Patrologia Latina, Vol. CVII, col. 361.

8 The wording in the Latin text reads: "Statuit autem idem papa ut otium Sabbati magis in diem Dominicam transferretur, ut ea die a terrenis operibus ad laudandum Deum vacaremus."

Source: Sabbath and Sunday in Early Christianity, by Robert L. Odom, © 1977 by the Review and Herald Publishing Association (An Adventist publishing house), pages 247-248.

Source: Biblight

[GALLERY=media, 9263]Sabbath To Sun Whorship Sunday by 3rdAngel posted Feb 18, 2020 at 9:46 PM[/GALLERY]

Last edited:

sooda

Veteran Member
Furthermore, notice the following points from REVELATION 17:4 And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet color, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations "

Look at the following photos… (Source: BeastsMark)
[GALLERY=media, 9217]Arrayed in purple and scarlet .. by 3rdAngel posted Feb 15, 2020 at 6:47 AM[/GALLERY]
[GALLERY=media, 9218]Arrayed in purple and scarlet colour... by 3rdAngel posted Feb 15, 2020 at 6:47 AM[/GALLERY]

"............... having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations " -Revelations 17:4

[GALLERY=media, 9219]Having a Golden Cup ...1 by 3rdAngel posted Feb 15, 2020 at 6:47 AM[/GALLERY]
[GALLERY=media, 9220]Having a Golden Cup by 3rdAngel posted Feb 15, 2020 at 6:47 AM[/GALLERY]

Look at these scriptures then look at the photos that follow….

2 THESSALONIANS 2:3-4 ...he (the man of sin) as God sits in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

REVELATION 20:11.....I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.

ISAIAH 37:16 O LORD of hosts, God of Israel, that dwells between the cherubims, thou art the God, even thou alone, of all the kingdoms of the earth: thou hast made heaven and earth.

Now look at these pics below.... who is sitting on the great white throne in Rev 20:11? Who is sitting between the two cherubims of Isa 37:16? Who is sitting in the temple of God showing himself that he is God in 2 Thessalonians 2:3-4?
[GALLERY=media, 9221]Great white throne - Counterfiet to God's by 3rdAngel posted Feb 15, 2020 at 6:47 AM[/GALLERY]

Daniel 7:25 is about Antiochus IV Epiphanes.

Faithofchristian

Hi all,

I believe that the prophetic scriptures from the books of Daniel, Revelation and others in the old and new testaments teach that the majority of professed church's of today that make up Christianity have fallen away from believing and following God's Word in order to follow man-made teachings and traditions that break the commandments of God to depart God and his Word (the Faith).

I believe that these same scriptures teach that the ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH (not the people, God has his true people in this Church and loves everyone of them) is MYSTERY BABYLON THE GREAT HARLOT MOTHER CHURCH that has committed fornication (unlawful union) with the kings of the earth and is the MOTHER OF HARLOTS which represent the PROTESTANT CHURCH’S that have departed God’s Word in order to follow the teachings and traditions of men (once again; not the people, God has his true people in this Church and loves everyone of them).

I believe that that above is a fulfillment of many scriptures from the prophetic book of DANIEL and REVELATION and the signs of the end foretold by JESUS in MATTHEW 24:24.

This OP, is not an attack on the people in these Church’s as God has his people in all of these Churchs and loves the people in all these Church’s. The hour has come however and now is, I believe according to the scriptures that God is calling his true followers were ever they may be to come out of these fallen Church’s to worship Him in Spirit and in truth. God is a Spirit and they who worship Him must worship him in Spirit and in truth *JOHN 10:16; JOHN 4:23. God is calling us wherever we may be back to follow him according to the pure Word of God alone! We will look at the detail I hope more and more throughout this thread.

Some questions for consideration in this OP (please prove your claims if you can) linked below..

1. Have the Christian Church’s of the World fallen away from the pure Word of God?
2. Who is MYSTERY BABYLON and who is THE GREAT THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS?
3. Who are the HARLOT DAUGHTERS of MYSTERY BABYLON?
4. Who is the “LITTLE HORN of DANIEL 7 that speaks great things against God and wears out the saints of the most high and changes times and laws?
5. Who are the BEASTS of REVELATION 13?
6. Who is the man of sin, the Antichrist and what is the number of His name?
7. What is the Mark of the Beast we are warned against receiving in our forehead of hands (starts)?
8. What did the early reformer teach about the Pope and the Roman Catholic Church (starts)?
9. Who is God’s truth unfallen Church according to the scriptures?
10. Is there paganism and sun whoship inside the Roman Catholic Church?

Friendly conversations please. Remember this OP is not about the people in these Church’s, but the teachings of the fallen Church’s of Christianity that are no longer following God’s Word that I believe, God is calling his people out from, back to his Word.

Well in case you didn't know..
Jesus Christ foretold in his book of Revelation what the number 666 as to who it represents
You can find the first mentioning of the number 666 in Revelation chapters 6..9..16.

Last edited:

Faithofchristian

Where in the book of Revelation will give a clear meaning of what the number 666 is

In Revelation 13:18--" Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six"

In Revelation chapters 6..9..16 will also give a clear meaning of what the number 666 stands to mean and who.

Last edited:

3rdAngel

Where in the book of Revelation will give a clear meaning of what the number 666 is

Read the OP. I believe this is only one of many scriptures proving that the man of sin, the Antichrist. 666 is the number of a man the Pope and Babylon is the Roman Catholic Church; Mystery Babylon the great harlot and the Mother of harlots (professed protestantism) of REVELATION 13; 14; 17:2-6; 18:1-5 and Daniel 7 and 8. This has already been shown so far throughout the scriptures in this thread.

Last edited:

sooda

Veteran Member
WHO IS THE MAN OF SIN, THE ANTICHRIST AND WHAT IS THE NUMBER OF HIS NAME?

1 JOHN 2:18-19 [18], Little children, it is the last time: and as you have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.
[19], They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us.

v18, Anything that is against Christ is antichrist. The Greek word used here is ἀντίχριστος
antichristos which means against Christ of an opponent of the Messiah. If we no longer BELIEVE and FOLLOW God's WORD then we are an "UNBELIEVER" and against Christ because we no longer BELIEVE and FOLLOW God's WORD.

As shown in the scriptures [19], They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us.

What did they go out from? They went out from the truth. The problem was not that they went out from fellowship with the BELIEVERS. The problem was that they became "UNBELIEVERS" not BELIEVING and FOLLOWING God's WORD!

The CONTEXT is that there is many antichrists and false teachers (ἀντίχριστος; antichristos; those who are against Christ and apponant of the Messiah. These are those who are AGAINST God's WORD.

They went out from the truth of God's Word and no longer believed and followed Gods' Word which made them not of us (UNBELIEVERS). If they contunued with us then they would be of us (by continuing to believe and follow the truth of God's Word) and would have been of us. No longer believing and following God's Word they went out from us. If you no longer believe and follow the truth of God's Word to the end then you are no longer of us.

Let's now link these scriptures back to the previous post in JOHN 8:31-36. Do you remember the conditions that JESUS states for those who are His DISCIPLES and as PAUL says CONTINUED WITH US?

JOHN 8:31-36 [31], Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, IF YOU CONTINUE IN MY WORD , THEN ARE YOU MY DISCIPLES INDEED;
[32], And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free. [33], They answered him, We be Abraham's seed, and were never in bondage to any man: how say you, You shall be made free? [34], Jesus answered them, Truly, truly, I say to you, Whoever commits sin is the servant of sin. [35], And the servant stays not in the house for ever: but the Son stays ever. [36], If the Son therefore shall make you free, you shall be free indeed.

They went out from us because they were not of us. They went out from us (disciples) because they did not CONTINUE BELIEVING and FOLLOWING God's WORD. As a result of no longer BELIEVING and FOLLOWING God's WORD they left the truth.

What did they go out from? Yep you guessed it. They went out from the truth. The CONTEXT is that there is many antichrists and false teachers. They went out from the truth of God's Word and no longer believed and followed Gods' Word which made them not of us (Believers and followers of Gods' Word).

666 THE NUMBER OF A MAN

REVELATION 13:18 [18], Here is wisdom. Let him that has understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred three score and six. (666)

Latin is the official language of the Roman Catholic Church which uses the Latin Vulgate Bible. Roman numerals are used to calculate the Beast's number which is the number of a man that equals 666.

The ancient Greek word for "the Latin speaking man" is
LATEINOS

L = 30 lambda
A = 1 alpha
T = 300 tau
E = 5 epsilon
I = 10 iota
N = 50 nu
O = 70 omicron
S = 200 sigma
------------

The ancient Greek for"The Latin Kingdom" is
HE LATINE BASILEIA Strong's # G932

H = 0 (transliterated)
E = 8 eta

L = 30 lambda
A = 1 alpha
T = 300 tau
I = 10 iota
N = 50 nu
E = 8 eta

B = 2 beta
A = 1 alpha
S = 200 sigma
I = 10 iota
L = 30 lambda
E = 5 epsilon
I = 10 iota
A = 1 alpha
------------

And in ancient Greek the word
APOSTATES

A = 1 alpha
P = 80 pi
O = 70 omicron
ST = 6 stigma*
A = 1 alpha
T = 300 tau
E = 8 eta
S = 200 sigma
------------

* Stigma is a now obsolete Greek character, but it appears in the New Testament in Rev 13:18 to give the value 666 (chi xi stigma - See Strong's Concordance, # G5516).

And in ancient Greek the word for "tradition" PARADOSIS Strong's # G3862

P = 80 pi
A = 1 alpha
R = 100 rho
A = 1 alpha
D = 4 delta
O = 70 omicron
S = 200 sigma
I = 10 iota
S = 200 sigma
------------

Popes titles in Latin: VICARIUS FILII DEI (in place of the Son of God)
112 + 53 + 501 = 666

Popes titles in Latin: Dux Cleri (Captain of the Clergy)
515 + 151 = 666

Popes titles in Latin: LUDOVICUS (Vicar of the court)
Adds up to 666

Hebrew word for "Roman kingdom" ROMITH
Adds up to 666

Hebrew word for "Roman man" ROMITI
Adds up to 666

As can be shown above I believe the number of the beast is the number of a man as the scriptures teach that adds up to 666 once again points to the title of the POPE and the ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH (Source; Biblelight)

Do you have a source for your cut and paste?