• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Great Deception of Christianity - Departing the Faith (the Word)

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
Hmmm Sorry did you say something? Please let's talk more when you have something to share in relation to the OP. Until then we will have to agree to disagree as there is no truth in your post here and it only shows you have not read anything in the OP. :)
An yet the only reason you dismiss my post is because it hit the nail on the head.

You would have been much better off ignoring it.

But then, we have already established that it is damn near impossible for your ego to let something like that slip by unanswered.

I wonder how upset you are that you could not copy/paste the background music

3rdAngel

An yet the only reason you dismiss my post is because it hit the nail on the head.

You would have been much better off ignoring it.

But then, we have already established that it is damn near impossible for your ego to let something like that slip by unanswered.

I wonder how upset you are that you could not copy/paste the background music

Actually no. The reason your post was dismissed was it was not relevant to the OP and simply had shown you did not read it :)

Last edited:

McBell

Actually no. The reason your post was dismissed as it was not relevant to the OP and simply had shown you did not read it :)
And once again your ego gets in the way of rational thought.
I read your OP.
I even read the website you copy/pasted it from.

Both are nothing more than dressed up, fluffy, window dressing to cover the fact that all it is is you stating that your interpretation is superior to the interpretation of all who disagree with your interpretation.

3rdAngel

And once again your ego gets in the way of rational thought. I read your OP. I even read the website you copy/pasted it from. Both are nothing more than dressed up, fluffy, window dressing to cover the fact that all it is is you stating that your interpretation is superior to the interpretation of all who disagree with your interpretation.

Hello my friend, nice to see you again. Sorry we will have to agree to disagree. If you have something to share in relation to the scriptures and the OP here let's talk. Until then your only sharing empty words that have no truth in them IMO and are not helpful to a discussion :)

Last edited:

3rdAngel

Continuing from the list of reformers..

Nicolaus von Amsdorf
(1483-1565), a close friend and zealous co-worker of Luther, believed that the Antichrist was to rise within the church realm and that "the pope is the real, true Antichrist and not the vicar of Christ." (Ibid., p.305).

Philipp Melanchton (1497-1560), also associated with Luther, said: "Since, it is certain that the pontiffs and the monks have forbidden marriage (cf. 1 TIMOTHY 4:1-3), it is most manifest, and true without any doubt, that the Roman Pontiff, with his whole order and kingdom, is the very Antichrist... Likewise in 2 THESSALONIANS 2, Paul clearly says that the man of sin will rule in the church, exalting himself above the worship of God." (Ibid., p.288) etc.

Generally regarded as second only to Luther in influence is the eminent French reformer John Calvin (1509-1564). Originally a son of the Romish church, about 1532 he embraced the Protestant faith. His published works fill some fifty volumes. Concerning the Pope he said: "I deny him to be the vicar of Christ, who, infuriously persecuting the gospel, demonstrates by his conduct that he is the Antichrist - I deny him to be the successor of Peter... I deny him to be the head of the church." (Calvin, 'Tracts', Vol.1, pp.219-220).

In his classic 'Institutes' he wrote: "Some persons think us too severe and censorious when we call the Roman pontiff the Antichrist. But those who are of this opinion do not consider that they bring the same charge of presumption against Paul himself, after whom we speak and whose language we adopt... I shall briefly show that Paul's words in 2 THESSALONIANS 2 are not capable of any other interpretation than that which applies them to the Papacy." He then points out that the Antichrist was to conceal himself under the character of the church, "as under a mask", and shows how the Papacy has fulfilled the characteristics set forth by Paul.

John Knox (1505-1572), especially known for his Reformation work in Scotland, was persecuted from country to country until finally the affairs of Scotland were in Protestant hands. Knox preached that Romish traditions and ceremonies should be abolished as well as "that tyranny which the Pope himself has for so many ages exercised over the church" and that he should be acknowledged as "the very Antichrist, and son of perdition, of whom Paul speaks." (Knox, 'The Zurich Letters', p.199).

In public challenge, Knox said: "As for your Roman Church, as it is now corrupted... I no more doubt but that it is the Synagogue of Satan; and the Head thereof, called the Pope, to be that man of Sin of whom the Apostle speaketh."

John Napier (1550-1617), noted Scottish mathematician and adherent of the Protestant cause, wrote a commentary on Revelation which the Encyclopaedia Britannica refers to as the first important Scottish work on the interpretation of Scripture. He taught that the Antichrist was the Pope - and not a Turk, a Jew, or someone outside the church realm - for he "must sit, saith Paul, in the Church of God." (Froom, 'The Prophetic Faith of Our Fathers', vol.2, p.461).

Huldreich Zwingli (1484-1531) was a prominent figure in the work of the Reformation that broke out in Switzerland. On December 28, 1524, he very wisely pointed out that the Papacy was evil, but that it must be overthrown by the preaching of the Word in love and never by hatred. In reference to the Papacy, he said: "I know that in it works the might and power of the devil, that is, of the Antichrist... the Papacy has to be abolished... But by no other means can it be more thoroughly routed than by the Word of God (2 THESSALONIANS 2), because as soon as the world receives this in the right way, it will turn away from the Pope without compulsion." ('Principal Works of Zwingli', Vol.7, p.461).

Heinrich Bullinger (1504-1575), friend of Zwingli, is regarded as one of the greatest prophetic expositors of the time. He explained that the kingdom of the Popes rose up among the divisions of Rome, and that the Pope is the Antichrist because he usurps the keys of Christ and his kingly and priestly authority. (Froom, vol.2, p.343).

Theodor Bibliander (1504-1564), called the "Father of Biblical Exegesis in Switzerland", a noted translator and Bible scholar, declared that the Papacy is the Antichrist predicted in 2 THESSALONIANS 2. (Bibliander, 'Relatio Fidells', p.58).

Alfonsus Conradus who fled from Italy to Switzerland because of his religious convictions, wrote a large commentary in 1560 on the book of Revelation in which he taught that the Roman Papacy is the Antichrist. He said it was useless to wait for the coming of the Antichrist in the future, for he had already been revealed in the Papacy. (Froom, vol.2, p.319).

William Tyndale (1485-1536), first translator of the Bible from Greek to English, Reformer and martyr, held that the Romish church was Babylon and that the Pope was the man of sin or the Antichrist, seated in the temple of God, i.e. the Church (Ibid., p.356). Repeatedly he cited 2 THESSALONIANS 2 in this connection.

Nicholas Ridley (1500-1555), a famed English martyr, and man of great learning, memorised most of the epistles in Greek and wrote numerous works. He spoke out on the deceptions of Romanism and that "the head, under satan, of all mischief is the Antichrist and his brood."

Before his martyrdom on October 16, 1555, Ridley wrote a farewell in which he said good-bye to his wife, brothers, sisters, and friends. He gave a review of his faith and spoke of how the Papacy had developed over the centuries. He spoke of Rome as "the seat of satan; and the bishop of the same, that maintaineth the abominations thereof, is the Antichrist himself indeed." (Letters of Bishop Ridley, letter 32).

A friend of Ridley, John Bradford (1510-1555), a noted preacher, was also martyred for his Protestant stand. On June 30, 1555, he was taken from prison late at night, all the prisoners tearfully bidding him farewell. As he passed along, great crowds were waiting, many weeping and praying for him.

Standing by the stake where he would be killed, he raised both hands and called England to repentance. He wrote a farewell in which he declared that he was condemned "for not acknowledging the Antichrist of Rome to be Christ's vicar - general and supreme head of the Catholic and universal church." He spoke of the Papacy as being "undoubtedly that great Antichrist, of whom the apostles do so much admonish us." (Froom. vol.2, p.377).

John Hooper (1495-1555) was one of the first arrested for his Protestant faith when Mary came to the throne in England. He was condemned because he would not accept the "wicked papistical religion of the bishop of Rome." As a throng of 7,000 gathered - many of them weeping - Hooper was bound to a stake and slowly burned while he prayed. He believed that the so-called Vicar of Christ was really the great and principal enemy of Christ, that in him were found the very properties of the Antichrist, and that these things were openly known to all men that were not blinded with the smoke of Rome. (Ibid., pp.381-382).

Hugh Latimer (1490-1555) was won to the Protestant faith and became a fervent preacher with no time for hypocrisy or tyranny. In commenting on the words of Paul in 2 THESSALONIANS 2, he said in 1552: "The Lord will not come till 'the swerving from faith cometh': which thing is already done and past." The falling away was not some future thing to Latimer. Nor was the man of sin an individual yet to come, for speaking of his day, Latimer said: "The Antichrist is known throughout all the world." (Ibid., p.371).

Thomas Cranmer (1489-1556), writing in 1550 said of the Papacy: "I know how the Antichrist hath obscured the glory of God, and the true knowledge of His Word, overcasting the same with mists and clouds of error and ignorance through false glosses and interpretation...

The Antichrist of Rome... hath extolled himself above his fellow bishops, as God's vicar, yea, rather as God Himself; and taketh upon him authority over kings and emperors, and sitteth in the temple of God, that is, in the consciences of men, and causeth his decrees to be more regarded than God's laws; yea, and for money he dispenseth with God's laws, and all other, giving men license to break them." (Cranmer, 'Works', vol.1, pp.6-7).

After quoting from the prophecies of Daniel and Revelation, he says: "Whereof it followeth Rome to be the seat of the Antichrist, and the Pope to be the very Antichrist himself. I could prove the same by many other scriptures, old writers and strong reasons." (Ibid., pp.62-63).

Cranmer was martyred for this Protestant faith. In his dying testimony he said: "And as for the Pope, I refuse him as Christ's enemy and the Antichrist, with all his false doctrine." He was then led to the fire, said a few more words, and finally the flames left him a blackened corpse.

Thomas Becon (1511-1567), author of numerous books on Popery, wrote: "We desire of our heavenly Father, that the Antichrist with his kingdom, which hath seduced, and daily doth seduce... may shortly be slain and brought unto confusion 'with the breath of the Lord's mouth'...that 'that sinful man, the son of perdition, which is an adversary, and is exalted above all that is called God, or that is worshipped' may no longer 'sit in the temple of god, boasting himself to be God'." (Froom, vol.2, p.403).

TO BE CONTINUED...

McBell

Hello my friend, nice to see you again. Sorry we will have to agree to disagree. If you have something to share in relation to the scriptures and the OP here let's talk. Until then your only sharing empty words that have no truth in them IMO and are not helpful to a discussion :)
Not helpful to you, perhaps, but I imagine my posts are more helpful to other members in this thread than your posts are.

Since all they need do is read my post to see that this thread is nothing more than a egomaniac trying real hard to convince himself his interpretation of the Bible is the most superior of all.

3rdAngel

WHO IS GOD’S TRUE CHURCH IN GOD’S WORD AND THE BOOK OF REVELATIONS?

Before we look at who God's WORD says is God's true Church, let's start off by looking at the GREEK meaning of the word Church which is ἐκκλησία which means a calling out or meeting.

NOTE: The GREEK Word for Church ἐκκλησία means a calling out or meeting of the people. It is interesting how this link to where God is calling out all his peoples from corrupt UNFAITHFUL CHRISTIAN CHURCHES to follow him according to the truth of his WORD.

REVELATIONS 18:4, And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that you be not partakers of her sins, and that you receive not of her plagues.

God is calling his people out of these Churches to follow him according to his WORD and worship him in Spirit and in truth *JOHN 4:23-24.

This links in very nicely with

MATTHEW 18:20 For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.

A Church therefore is the people that BELIEVE and FOLLOW God's WORD. They are the called out and Jesus is in the midst of them.

WHO IS GOD'S TRUE CHURCH ACCORDING TO GOD'S WORD?

1 JOHN 2:3-4
3, And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep <ALL> his commandments. 4, He that saith, I know him, and keeps not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

REVELATION 12:17
And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

NOTE: In scripture a pure woman represents God's people [Church] Jeremiah 6:2; 2 Corinthians 11:2; Ephesians 5:23-27

REVELATION 14:12
Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

REVELATION 22:14
Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

Notice God's people keep ALL of God's Commandments through FAITH in Christ?

CONCLUSION:
Now notice we have two groups in the end days according to the book of REVELATION. One group representing UNFAITHFUL CHRISTIANITY and the other group representing GOD’S PEOPLE. The difference between the two groups is that one groups KEEPS ALL THE COMMANDMENTS OF GOD while the other groups does not.

3rdAngel

Not helpful to you, perhaps, but I imagine my posts are more helpful to other members in this thread than your posts are. Since all they need do is read my post to see that this thread is nothing more than a egomaniac trying real hard to convince himself his interpretation of the Bible is the most superior of all.

I very much doubt it my friend. You see it all depends if someone believe the scriptures are the Word of God or not or if you believe the teachings and traditions of men that break the commandments of God supersede God's Word. I tend to believe the very words of JESUS when he says all those who knowingly follow the teachings and traditions of men that break the commandments of God are not following God *MATTHEW 15:2-9. For me only God's Word is true and we should believe and follow it *ROMANS 3:4 and as PETER the apostles says "We ought to obey God rather then man *ACTS 5:29. IMO anything that leads us away from God and His Word is not from God.

Hope this is helpful :)

McBell

I very much doubt it my friend. You see it all depends if someone believe the scriptures are the Word of God or not or if you believe the teachings and traditions of men that break the commandments of God supersede God's Word. I tend to believe the very words of JESUS when he says all those who knowingly follow the teachings and traditions of men that break the commandments of God are not following God *MATTHEW 15:2-9. For me only God's Word is true and we should believe and follow it *ROMANS 3:4 and as PETER the apostles says "We ought to obey God rather then man *ACTS 5:29. IMO anything that leads us away from God and His Word is not from God.

Hope this is helpful :)
Perhaps when you are done with your copy/paste job you could address post #13?
I shant be holding my breath though.
Your history is blatant avoidance at all cost when it comes to meat.

3rdAngel

Perhaps when you are done with your copy/paste job you could address post #13?
I shant be holding my breath though.
Your history is blatant avoidance at all cost when it comes to meat.

No need, I have never made the claims you are pretending I have made so your simply making strawman arguments that have nothing to do with the OP. Everything posted here is my own work and study of the scriptures. Do you disagree with anything posted here in the OP and can you demonstrate why you disagree? If you cannot demonstrate why you disagree with the OP here then it seems to me that you are only here for the sake of making a disagreement and not interested in having a discussion IMO:)

Last edited:

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
Depends if you believe and follow God's Word or not I guess . According to the scriptures, I believe that no one can claim they are Christian if they do not believe and follow God's Word *JOHN 10:26-27; MATTHEW 7:22-26. Sin (breaking God's Commandments) is what separates the children of God from the children of the devil *1 JOHN 3:6-10.
Fine. Feel free to cast the first stone.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
666 THE NUMBER OF A MAN

REVELATION 13:18 [18], Here is wisdom. Let him that has understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred three score and six. (666)

Latin is the official language of the Roman Catholic Church which uses the Latin Vulgate Bible. Roman numerals are used to calculate the Beast's number which is the number of a man that equals 666.

The ancient Greek word for "the Latin speaking man" is
LATEINOS

L = 30 lambda
A = 1 alpha
T = 300 tau
E = 5 epsilon
I = 10 iota
N = 50 nu
O = 70 omicron
S = 200 sigma
------------

The ancient Greek for"The Latin Kingdom" is
HE LATINE BASILEIA Strong's # G932

H = 0 (transliterated)
E = 8 eta

L = 30 lambda
A = 1 alpha
T = 300 tau
I = 10 iota
N = 50 nu
E = 8 eta

B = 2 beta
A = 1 alpha
S = 200 sigma
I = 10 iota
L = 30 lambda
E = 5 epsilon
I = 10 iota
A = 1 alpha
------------

And in ancient Greek the word
APOSTATES

A = 1 alpha
P = 80 pi
O = 70 omicron
ST = 6 stigma*
A = 1 alpha
T = 300 tau
E = 8 eta
S = 200 sigma
------------

* Stigma is a now obsolete Greek character, but it appears in the New Testament in Rev 13:18 to give the value 666 (chi xi stigma - See Strong's Concordance, # G5516).

And in ancient Greek the word for "tradition" PARADOSIS Strong's # G3862

P = 80 pi
A = 1 alpha
R = 100 rho
A = 1 alpha
D = 4 delta
O = 70 omicron
S = 200 sigma
I = 10 iota
S = 200 sigma
------------

Popes titles in Latin: VICARIUS FILII DEI (in place of the Son of God)
112 + 53 + 501 = 666

Popes titles in Latin: Dux Cleri (Captain of the Clergy)
515 + 151 = 666

Popes titles in Latin: LUDOVICUS (Vicar of the court)
Adds up to 666

Hebrew word for "Roman kingdom" ROMITH
Adds up to 666

Hebrew word for "Roman man" ROMITI
Adds up to 666

As can be shown above I believe the number of the beast is the number of a man as the scriptures teach that adds up to 666 once again points to the title of the POPE and the ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH (Source; Biblelight)
Oh, my gosh. What absolute nonsense. Beyond saying that, I'm literally speechless. :eek:

3rdAngel

Mostly just less judgment.

Perhaps the scriptures explain things better then I do in regards to those who reject them.

JOHN 3:19-20 [19], And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. [20], For every one that does evil hates the light, neither comes to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.

For me I believe and follow God's Word and it is only God's Word that I have shared here. I believe the words of JESUS and do not judge anyone as it is the very Word of God that we accept or reject that will be our judge come judgement day...

JOHN 12:47-48 [47], And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world. [48], He that rejects me, and receives not my words, has one that judges him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.

Hope this helps :)

3rdAngel

Oh, my gosh. What absolute nonsense. Beyond saying that, I'm literally speechless. :eek:

For me I believe your speechless as you are not able to address the scriptures in the post that disagree with you. Cat got your tongue (joking). If you believe the post you are quoting from is nonsense, then prove it. You quoting you does not make your words true. Only God's Word is true and we should believe and follow it *ROMANS 3:4. Ignoring God's Word does not make it disappear :)

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
Perhaps the scriptures explain things better then I do in regards to those who reject them.

JOHN 3:19-20 [19], And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. [20], For every one that does evil hates the light, neither comes to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.

For me I believe and follow God's Word and it is only God's Word that I have shared here. I believe the words of JESUS and do not judge anyone as it is the very Word of God that we accept or reject that will be our judge come judgement day...

JOHN 12:47-48 [47], And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world. [48], He that rejects me, and receives not my words, has one that judges him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.

Hope this helps :)
How can you possibly think your self-righteous, judgmental attitude could possibly "help" anyone. You're right about one thing, though. The scriptures do explain things better than you do. Maybe you should just let them do their job.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
For me I believe your speechless as you are not able to address the scriptures in the post that disagree with you. Cat got your tongue (joking) :)
Not at all. I just don't find numerology the slightest bit convincing.

3rdAngel

How can you possibly think your self-righteous, judgmental attitude could possibly "help" anyone. You're right about one thing, though. The scriptures do explain things better than you do. Maybe you should just let them do their job.

Well I am not the one calling other people names or am I judging anyone or being judgmental. I am only posting God's Word and the scriptures that you seem to disagree with but are unable to show why. :)

3rdAngel

Not at all. I just don't find numerology the slightest bit convincing.

Goodness another one that does not know the difference between Roman numerals and Numerology. Perhaps you should google the difference before posting. Now did you have anything to share in relation to the OP? Did you wish to show why you disagree with anything posted here? I can wait for you to google the difference between Roman numerals and Numerology if you like? :)

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
Well I am not the one calling other people names or am I judging anyone.
Clearly you see yourself differently that all of the rest of us see you.

I am only posting God's Word and the scriptures that you seem to disagree with but are unable to show why. :)
Sorry to have to break this to you, but numerology is not God's Word.