• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Good in Bad Science

nPeace

Veteran Member
Do you have a point?
Just 4:24 - 4:28. Nothing related to the OP. It was meant for a particular poster, but it can be useful to others.

The video in its entirety might relate to the OP though. I suppose it could go with the post before it. Feel free, if you like, to make a point. I didn't have anything new from my previous two posts.

Milton Platt

On these forums, the usual claim of most Atheist and believers in scientific myths and fairytale stories, is that the reason people don't believe those cosmology and evolution stories, is because of a religious agenda. However, the evidence says otherwise.

The truth is, people who do not suppress common sense, for a belief system, reject what is obviously bad science, or actually, no science at all.
Hence, many Atheists, and Agnostics are coming to a different view thanks to bad science.

For evidence of this, one just needs to do a simple search on "former Atheist", or "Atheist who became".
The number of Atheist who, in the last century, came to believe in a designer - God, is enormous.

So, there is actually good in bad science.
In everything bad, there is always some good, apparently.

What is a "scientific myth"? LOL

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Just 4:24 - 4:28. Nothing related to the OP. It was meant for a particular poster, but it can be useful to others.

The video in its entirety might relate to the OP though. I suppose it could go with the post before it. Feel free, if you like, to make a point. I didn't have anything new from my previous two posts.
I think that you are grasping at straws again. Yes, some ideas in physics are still a bit unsettled. We can tell how old the universe is roughly but it gets a bit tricky to extrapolate all the way to the Big Bang. They were not really doubting the Big Bang, they were discussing its cause more than anything else.

nPeace

Veteran Member
I think that you are grasping at straws again. Yes, some ideas in physics are still a bit unsettled. We can tell how old the universe is roughly but it gets a bit tricky to extrapolate all the way to the Big Bang. They were not really doubting the Big Bang, they were discussing its cause more than anything else.
Yes. Not quite the same as the material here.

gnostic

The Lost One
Creation Science (or just simply Creationism) and Intelligent Design are not even “bad science”. They are both pseudoscience.

They are religious beliefs masquerading as “science”, hence creationism and ID are pseudoscience.