• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Good in Bad Science

nPeace

Veteran Member
On these forums, the usual claim of most Atheist and believers in scientific myths and fairytale stories, is that the reason people don't believe those cosmology and evolution stories, is because of a religious agenda. However, the evidence says otherwise.

The truth is, people who do not suppress common sense, for a belief system, reject what is obviously bad science, or actually, no science at all.
Hence, many Atheists, and Agnostics are coming to a different view thanks to bad science.

For evidence of this, one just needs to do a simple search on "former Atheist", or "Atheist who became".
The number of Atheist who, in the last century, came to believe in a designer - God, is enormous.

So, there is actually good in bad science.
In everything bad, there is always some good, apparently.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
On these forums, the usual claim of most Atheist and believers in scientific myths and fairytale stories, is that the reason people don't believe those cosmology and evolution stories, is because of a religious agenda. However, the evidence says otherwise.

The truth is, people who do not suppress common sense, for a belief system, reject what is obviously bad science, or actually, no science at all.
Hence, many Atheists, and Agnostics are coming to a different view thanks to bad science.

For evidence of this, one just needs to do a simple search on "former Atheist", or "Atheist who became".
The number of Atheist who, in the last century, came to believe in a designer - God, is enormous.

Apparently you haven't been to Atheist sites. They talk positively about their conversion from Theist to Atheist, as well.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
There is no such thing as bad science.

There is discovery through accident however.

No science could apply toward any theist who says there's a God, simply because there's nothing there for science to even work with.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member

Why post such blatant falsehoods? You do not even know what is or what is not evidence, as a result you are in no position to judge the sciences.

Once more why not spend a short time learning the scientific method and the concept of scientific evidence?

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

I am open to a one to one discussion on Big Bang or evolution in the one-one debates subforum if you are interested. As you know, I am a Hindu monist and a scientist. So let's discuss science rather than get sidetracked by theism atheism. It will also keep the replies to a manageable level. What say you. :)

nPeace

Veteran Member
I am open to a one to one discussion on Big Bang or evolution in the one-one debates subforum if you are interested. As you know, I am a Hindu monist and a scientist. So let's discuss science rather than get sidetracked by theism atheism. It will also keep the replies to a manageable level. What say you. :)
So you know. I don't find it a problem with scientists saying that there is evidence that a tremendous amount of energy was released at the time of creation, and I don't really care what they name their theories. If they call it Big blast, or Big bang, does not matter to me.

If you want to discuss the other things surrounding the BB in the cosmology model, we can. If it's just you and I, I say yes.

Rational Agnostic

Spike Psarris has an undergrad degree in electrical engineering. He has no clue about astronomy and repeatedly makes a laughing stock of himself:

Spike Psarris Archives - Bad Astronomy : Bad Astronomy

spike psarris | Exposing PseudoAstronomy

At least try to find someone that is not a total idiot.

I didn't watch the video, but it seems to me that disproving the big bang theory would certainly not make the existence of god any more likely. In fact, if I recall, it was the theists, not atheists, who originally got excited about the big bang theory because they (mistakenly of course) thought it proved the existence of God.

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
So you know. I don't find it a problem with scientists saying that there is evidence that a tremendous amount of energy was released at the time of creation, and I don't really care what they name their theories. If they call it Big blast, or Big bang, does not matter to me.

If you want to discuss the other things surrounding the BB in the cosmology model, we can. If it's just you and I, I say yes.
That will work.

nPeace

Veteran Member
This forum is appropriate
One-on-One Debates
Please feel free to create a topic either on Big Bang or evolution and ping me here. :)
I thought you were the one starting it.
I don't know where to start.
You made the suggestion, so I think you should start it, and let me know when you do.
I'm sure you can come up with something. :)

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I thought you were the one starting it.
I don't know where to start.
You made the suggestion, so I think you should start it, and let me know when you do.
I'm sure you can come up with something. :)
I don't want to write a boring lecture. If you start something like one or two things that you are most skeptical of about Big Bang or Evolutionary Science, I can start with that.

nPeace

Veteran Member
I don't want to write a boring lecture. If you start something like one or two things that you are most skeptical of about Big Bang or Evolutionary Science, I can start with that.
Why not take up from where others left off then. Here.

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Why not take up from where others left off then. Here.
You mean common ancestry? It's an inference to the best naturalistic explanation for similar chemistry operating in all life forms. A common origin and later diversification via speciation is the most simple explanation for the similarity across the life forms.

nPeace

Veteran Member
You mean common ancestry? It's an inference to the best naturalistic explanation for similar chemistry operating in all life forms. A common origin and later diversification via speciation is the most simple explanation for the similarity across the life forms.
I'll start something in the One-on-one forum. Just give me a day or two.

gnostic

The Lost One
I didn't watch the video, but it seems to me that disproving the big bang theory would certainly not make the existence of god any more likely. In fact, if I recall, it was the theists, not atheists, who originally got excited about the big bang theory because they (mistakenly of course) thought it proved the existence of God.
Yes, one of them was a theist, Georges Lemaître.

Lemaître (1927) was both a Belgian astrophysicist and a Roman Catholic priest.

The other 2 pioneers were atheists, the Russian Alexander Friedmann (1922) and the American Howard Percy Robertson (1924-25).

All 3 independently came up the idea of the Expanding Universe Model, which was the name at the time of their hypotheses. It was named the “Big Bang” model until 1948-49, by Fred Hoyle, an anti-BB physicist.

Lemaître was better known than the other physicists, and it was he, whom other referred to as father of the Big Bang theory.