• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The good atheist

Bird123

Well, we are all "implanted", as in we have been given a conscience .. a sense of morality.
Of course, it is complex in the sense that we are able to use our intelligence to make specific values, but our subconscience exists that could be seen as "an implant".

There is nothing sinister about God choosing unusually righteous people and inspiring them etc.
Over 50% of the world's population are Christians or Muslims.
You may dismiss them as ignorant blind followers, but I do not.
What is it in the guidance of Jesus or Muhammad, peace be with them, that you despise?

What you speak of is not an implant.

Feel free to follow. Free choice is God's system.

The first thing God pointed out to me is that mankind carries such a narrow view. When you understand all sides of religions, the view will change.

Goodness is not all that religions teach

That's what I see. It's very clear!!

muhammad_isa

I investigated independently and discovered the Triune God
We can discover all kinds of things.
Christianty is monotheistic, and has its roots in Judaism.
You may insist on a triune creed, but I don't see Jesus doing that in the Gospels..

Furthermore, it does not change what it means to be righteous..
..well, it shouldn't !

muhammad_isa

What does "being righteous" mean to you @muhammad_isa
Perhaps I can answer that by saying what is evil.

Evil is disregard for "the law", and behaving in an inappropriate manner.
Murder, assault, theft, fraud, adultery and blasphemy are good examples.

44. Lo! We did reveal the Torah, wherein is guidance and a light, by which the Prophets who surrendered (unto God) judged the Jews, and the rabbis and the priests (judged) by such of God's Scripture as they were bidden to observe, and thereunto were they witnesses. So fear not mankind, but fear Me. And barter not My revelations for a little gain. Whoso judgeth not by that which God hath revealed: such are disbelievers.
-Quran The Table Spread-

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Can you give me a good reason why an Atheist who never did anything wrong in life, who was a good person, helping everyone else first, before helping him/her self.
Who gave his/her money to the homeless so they could gain a better life.
Who even gave their own life selflessly to save someone else

Would not be seen by God and taken in to heaven when he/she died.
This assumes a certain type of God that Hindus do not usually subscribe to.

samtonga43

We can discover all kinds of things.
Christianty is monotheistic, and has its roots in Judaism.
You may insist on a triune creed, but I don't see Jesus doing that in the Gospels..

Furthermore, it does not change what it means to be righteous..
..well, it shouldn't !
Yes, Christianity is monotheistic. I don't 'insist' upon anything. But I see the triune God through all of Scripture.

Bird123

What is it then .. what you teach?

I simply place Truth in the world. It waits for those ready to Discover it. I copy God by doing this. Further, just like God, I do not value those petty things mankind holds so dear like Ruling, Controlling, Blaming,Coercing, Intimidating, Judging, Condemning, Punishing, Payback, Revenge, Vengeance, Creating a We against They, We are good They are Evil, Deeming some of God's children are better than others, Corrupting views by telling people they are evil from birth, and so much more.

Just like God, I am Unconditional Love at least to the best of my ability at my level of Understanding. Yes, I do my best to copy God instead of following mankind and holy books written by mankind.

When one Understands God, it's clear those holy books do not come from God. High Intelligence, a Higher Level and the Unconditional Love of God will always be the direction moving forward to Understanding what the best choices really are.

Holy books do have goodness in them when they speak of Love, however many assume that holy books are all goodness. Since holy books were written by mankind, they reflect mankind and what mankind values

People have been taught not to question. People have been taught to Believe. People have been taught to Accept. People have been taught they are evil if they do not follow and gain other followers. People have been taught they are flawed from birth so that they will depend on that holy book to be saved or fixed. People have been threatened with Hell if they do not fall in line.

Do you think those petty things are really coming from God???? Do you really think these petty things are Intelligent choices??

As I said. Discover the entire view. Those who do not want you to question do not want you to know the Truth.

Like everything in life, see things for what they are. Discover everything so that one can make the very Best choices for oneself.

It doesn't matter what your choices are. God will return to you the lessons that will lead you to the Best choices. In time, each will Discover how to create a Heavenly state for themselves and others. Hint: All those petty things mankind holds so dear are on the journey, however they are not heading toward that Heavenly state.

Yes, make your free choices. I and God will Love you Unconditionally regardless of your choices. On the other hand, I will be pointing and God will be teaching us all along our chosen journeys.

muhammad_isa

I simply place Truth in the world. It waits for those ready to Discover it. I copy God by doing this..
..but how do you know that you "copy God"?
Does he speak to you? [ No ! ]

People have been taught not to question. People have been taught to Believe. People have been taught to Accept..
Nobody has to accept something against their will .. at least, not in private.
Many people might not question their faith .. might not pay much attention to their faith.
You and I might be more careful.

..People have been threatened with Hell if they do not fall in line.

Do you think those petty things are really coming from God????
Nothing "petty" about it ! :(
It is a warning, that turning away from truth results in suffering.

The Qur'an confirms the Bible, in this respect.

Bird123

..but how do you know that you "copy God"?
Does he speak to you? [ No ! ]

Nobody has to accept something against their will .. at least, not in private.
Many people might not question their faith .. might not pay much attention to their faith.
You and I might be more careful.

Nothing "petty" about it ! :(
It is a warning, that turning away from truth results in suffering.

The Qur'an confirms the Bible, in this respect.

As I became an adult, I realized so much of those holy books simply did not add up. This is when I started on my journey to Discover the Real Truth regardless of what that truth might be.

In this time-based causal universe God's actions can be seen. God's actions can not be altered or corrupted by mankind. I studied a lifetime trying to Understand God and God's actions. When I opened one door, it led to more doors that could be opened.

When I reached a point of Understanding what God is doing with us and this world, I did receive a visit from God. God confirmed what I Discovered and the visit allowed me to Discover more and widen my view further. This is a journey everyone is capable of taking, but few want to.

Yes, I do know God and not as a Belief. There is an infinite amount of knowledge waiting yet for me to Discover. As a Hungry Student, I walk forward.

You can choose to value all those petty things mankind holds so dear. Our actions and choices show God and the world what we need to learn. I see you.

Perhaps you might analyze why you value those petty things. In any event, you will not turn from them until you do Understand all sides. You will live more lessons.

I merely point. Your journey has never ever been up to me. The Truth stares you in the face. It is waiting for you to Discover it.

muhammad_isa

I did receive a visit from God..
Sorry .. I don't believe anybody but Jesus and Muhammad, peace be with them.

There is no need for God to talk to "special people" in today's world.
When things get that bad He will take action.
Jesus will return with more than mere words.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I know that you investigated independently. How do I know? Because you said so.
I said: "I investigated independently and discovered the one true God of all the religions."

If you know that I investigated independently 'because I said so' then you must also know that I discovered the one true God of all the religions 'because I said so.'

Cherry picking is a logical fallacy that occurs when someone focuses only on evidence that supports their stance, while ignoring evidence that contradicts it.
Cherry Picking: When People Ignore Evidence that They Dislike – Effectiviology