• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The good atheist

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Can you give me a good reason why an Atheist who never did anything wrong in life, who was a good person, helping everyone else first, before helping him/her self.
Who gave his/her money to the homeless so they could gain a better life.
Who even gave their own life selflessly to save someone else

Would not be seen by God and taken in to heaven when he/she died.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Can you give me a good reason why an Atheist who never did anything wrong in life, who was a good person, helping everyone else first, before helping him/her self.

Sounds like most of the atheists i know give or take a bit.

One good reason is an atheist does not believe god/heaven

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
What has an atheist to do with God and heaven?
All people make mistakes, theists or atheists.

If the atheist has heard 'good news', then it is obligatory on him/her to put his faith in either in Jesus or Mohammad or Bahaollah.

Last edited:

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
What has an atheist to do with God and heaven?
All people make mistakes, theists or atheists.
This OP was mean in the way that

If God does exist, why would God not bring a more or less perfect human being in to heaven, just because that person did not believe in God?

Probable a lot of believers are not going to heaven due to the way they lived their life accussing others of sins as an example

King Phenomenon

all go to heaven which is actually life on earth. Hell isnt real either it just denotes bad times.

Truth in love

The process of being cleared form our sins. (Even the small one count) requires Christ.

On the plus side the Bible tells us that the gospel is preached to the dead . So end the end the good loving atheist can be in heaven too.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
This OP was mean in the way that

If God does exist, why would God not bring a more or less perfect human being in to heaven, just because that person did not believe in God?

Probable a lot of believers are not going to heaven due to the way they lived their life accussing others of sins as an example
What's wrong with accusing other people of sins?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
The process of being cleared form our sins. (Even the small one count) requires Christ.

On the plus side the Bible tells us that the gospel is preached to the dead . So end the end the good loving atheist can be in heaven too.
Does this mean that you say anyone who isn't a Christian are doomed?
That is very different to my belief

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member

I like your intent, but if I'm just going to answer as simply and honestly as possible, an atheist who lives a good life wouldn't be taken by God and raised to heaven because...neither God nor heaven exist.
It's the same reason an atheist who doesn't live a good life won't be raised.
It's the same reason why a theist won't be raised.

To be clear, I know that's not your belief. But I guess people have all sorts of beliefs different to mine. I'm just glad the being you worship has a little more love for us than some.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I like your intent, but if I'm just going to answer as simply and honestly as possible, an atheist who lives a good life wouldn't be taken by God and raised to heaven because...neither God nor heaven exist.
It's the same reason an atheist who doesn't live a good life won't be raised.
It's the same reason why a theist won't be raised.

To be clear, I know that's not your belief. But I guess people have all sorts of beliefs different to mine. I'm just glad the being you worship has a little more love for us than some.
I think i realized that to be a good faithful believer and one who believe in unconditional love, It would be very wrong of me to not love the atheists too.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
And if they really are sinners, what's the problem?
This is a question that need to be looked at from two different POV.
If a religious person does a sin according to the faith they follow then they are not following the teaching (if the teaching is true and God exists )

Second one if an athe is does something wrong ( a sin) but no God exist, nothing going to happen

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
This is a question that need to be looked at from two different POV.
If a religious person does a sin according to the faith they follow then they are not following the teaching (if the teaching is true and God exists )

Second one if an athe is does something wrong ( a sin) but no God exist, nothing going to happen
Well, no. If someone does wrong, it hurts other people or themselves. This is not nothing.

Nimos

Well, God is not really complex in that way and doesn't seem to care that much about the things that you mentioned. But you can decide for yourself :D

Psalms 53:1-3
1 - To the choirmaster: according to Mahalath. A Maskil of David. The fool says in his heart, “There is no God.” They are corrupt, doing abominable iniquity; there is none who does good.
2 - God looks down from heaven on the children of man to see if there are any who understand, who seek after God.
3 - They have all fallen away; together they have become corrupt; there is none who does good, not even one.

2 Corinthians 6:14-15
14 - Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers. For what partnership has righteousness with lawlessness? Or what fellowship has light with darkness?
15 - What accord has Christ with Belial? Or what portion does a believer share with an unbeliever?

(Belial (Personification: devil/satan) :))

1 Timothy 5:8
8 - But if anyone does not provide for his relatives, and especially for members of his household, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Well, God is not really complex in that way and doesn't seem to care that much about the things that you mentioned. But you can decide for yourself :D

Psalms 53:1-3
1 - To the choirmaster: according to Mahalath. A Maskil of David. The fool says in his heart, “There is no God.” They are corrupt, doing abominable iniquity; there is none who does good.
2 - God looks down from heaven on the children of man to see if there are any who understand, who seek after God.
3 - They have all fallen away; together they have become corrupt; there is none who does good, not even one.

2 Corinthians 6:14-15
14 - Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers. For what partnership has righteousness with lawlessness? Or what fellowship has light with darkness?
15 - What accord has Christ with Belial? Or what portion does a believer share with an unbeliever?

(God really hated Belial (Personification: devil/satan) :))

1 Timothy 5:8
8 - But if anyone does not provide for his relatives, and especially for members of his household, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever.
But my question is about atheists who has lived a perfect life, even according to any scriptures

Nimos

But my question is about atheists who has lived a perfect life, even according to any scriptures
They are unbelievers, they are corrupt. "There is none who does good, not even one".

What is more interesting is what "good" means. Because Jesus tells us, that those that go to heaven are those that follow the will of God, which is the law and that it is the only way to get saved.

But Paul says you are saved if you just accept Jesus. Peter says that you have to follow the law.

God say that there is no one besides him that can save you. Which seems to fit with Jesus and Peter. But again, it is up for discussion, because the majority seem to follow what Paul said that you just have to accept Jesus. So it is a bit confusing.

But I think they all agree that Atheist are not getting saved :D