• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

nPeace

Veteran Member
Sure it is.
Of course it is.
You have to agree, since to say why not, is to come up empty.
Wars since 1914 has killed three times more than all previous wars combined, and since 1914, wars have been on an international scale. Uncontested fact.
So I do understand your inability to refute it.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Sure it is.
Yes, when men are saying, " Peace and Security...." that is the ' final signal', so to speak, before the outbreak of the great tribulation of Revelation 7:14,9; 1 Thessalonians 5:2-3.
Years ago there were No talk of peace, or peace talks, until 'after' a war or conflict.
Now, the news speaks of peace right along with what is happening now with Russia.

nPeace

Veteran Member
Yes, when men are saying, " Peace and Security...." that is the ' final signal', so to speak, before the outbreak of the great tribulation of Revelation 7:14,9; 1 Thessalonians 5:2-3.
Years ago there were No talk of peace, or peace talks, until 'after' a war or conflict.
Now, the news speaks of peace right along with what is happening now with Russia.
That's true... because before the 1914 war, the world was at peace, according to historians.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
....However, the time will come when there will be calm before the storm, according to 1 Thessalonians 5:3
I wonder if that 'rosy' saying of 'Peace and Security.....' will really prove to be a calm or just the saying of Peace and Security.... ?
I thought it was interesting that before I retired about year 2000 the guys in the garage and in the showroom seemed to agree that the 'end' would be in 30 to 35 years. This way they put off having to concern themselves about it.
I think they were more influenced by what science projected (such as: pollution beyond repair 'Silent Spring') then influenced by what we can learn from the Bible about gaining everlasting life on Earth.
Rather, choosing to live by the old adage of: Eat, drink and be merry for tomorrow we _______.
Instead of listening to Jesus' promise that humble meek people will inherit the Earth - Matthew 5:5; Psalms 37:9-11

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
This makes no sense to me at all.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
No, Not Yawn, but Wake Up Be Alert ! ( or as I have heard the world needs more Lerts )
Jesus was forewarning us at Luke 21:11 & Revelation 6:8 so that we would be forearmed.
Luke 21:11 also ties in with Jeremiah 15:2-3; Ezekiel 14:21; Ezekiel 22:27.
Before the world wars there were No world wars. Wars caused food shortages.
The Spanish Flu killed millions (1out of 3) then the millions dead from small pox.
Lives now cut short by AIDS/HIV/STD's and TB besides COVID-19 and add Cancer to the mix.
Premature death, un-timely death due to the above, and by the growing violent use of weapons.
Brand new technology and antibotics (supposed to be miracle drugs) are now No match for super organisms.
Never before in history have we seen the above coupled along with the international declaring about God's Kingdom (Daniel 2:44) reached such a world-wide scale just as Jesus said it would be done, is now being done - Matthew 24:14.
Modern technology has made possible rapid Bible translation even in earth's remote areas, so people in those remote areas can now have Scripture in their own mother tongue or native languages as never before in history.
So, yes the now international time it is different !
When the powers in charge (1 Thessalonians 5:2-3) are saying, " Peace and Security...." this 'rosy' saying is really the 'final signal' so to speak, before the outbreak of the great tribulation of Revelation 7:14,9.
When we heed what Jesus said we can come through the great tribulation and be here to see calendar Day One of Jesus governing over Earth for a thousand years.
This is why we are all invited to pray to God for Jesus to come ! - Rev. 22:20
Come and undo all the damage Satan and Adam brought upon humanity - Revelation 22:2

You are seeing ghosts.

Pandemics occur frequently and they have done so all throughout history.
The only reason they used to be contained mostly continentally pre -500 years ago, is because - duh - there was less travel. And that's also the reason that there were no world wars. 500 years ago, france couldn't just go and attack japan. :rolleyes:

Today, they press a few buttons and a bunch of rockets fly half way across the world. The delay in communication with the other side of the world is expressed in milliseconds.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
This makes no sense to me at all.
I do wonder what does make sense to you.
Man's long history now shows man has dominated man to man's hurt, man's injury.
Think about what is causing the pale horseman to gallop today.
Pollution is beyond repair, rain forests destroyed, eco system is not recovering, problem with ground water, oil spills...
Who is at fault is answered at Deuteronomy 32:5 - corrupted men - Exodus 32:7
The 'outer problems' are showing us man's 'inner crisis' ( aka spiritual problem )
The only solution is ' repent ' if one does Not want to ' perish ' (be destroyed - 2 Peter 3:9 )

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
You are seeing ghosts.
Pandemics occur frequently and they have done so all throughout history.
The only reason they used to be contained mostly continentally pre -500 years ago, is because - duh - there was less travel. And that's also the reason that there were no world wars. 500 years ago, france couldn't just go and attack japan. :rolleyes:
Today, they press a few buttons and a bunch of rockets fly half way across the world. The delay in communication with the other side of the world is expressed in milliseconds.

BINGO ! I like how you brought out the things happening throughout man's long history.
Today, modern technology is now man's two-edged sword -> Atomic Energy / Atomic Bomb.
ALL this now adds up to these 'last days of badness on Earth' as described at 2 Timothy 3:1-5,13.
Which is in sharp contrast to the Christ-like love defined at 1 Corinthians 13:4-6.
Today there is no further delay in Bible communication.
Not seeing ghosts, but seeing fulfillment of what is written in the Bible for our day, our time frame.
What Jesus did on a small scale Jesus will be doing on a GRAND global scale.
As far as pandemics: Jesus will bring ' healing ' to earth's nations - Revelation 22:2
No one will say, " I am sick....." - Isaiah 33:24
Earth and its people will be 'healthy' as described in Isaiah 35th chapter.
Even ' enemy death ' will be No more on Earth - 1 Corinthians 15:24-26; Isaiah 25:8
This good news is why we are all invited to pray to God for Jesus to come ! - Rev. 22:20

F1fan

Veteran Member
Who hasn't heard of the four horsemen of the apocalypse?
(Revelation 6:1-8) 1 And I saw when the Lamb opened one of the seven seals, and I heard one of the four living creatures say with a voice like thunder: “Come!” 2 And I saw, and look! a white horse, and the one seated on it had a bow; and a crown was given him, and he went out conquering and to complete his conquest. 3 When he opened the second seal, I heard the second living creature say: “Come!” 4 Another came out, a fiery-colored horse, and it was granted to the one seated on it to take peace away from the earth so that they should slaughter one another, and he was given a great sword. 5 When he opened the third seal, I heard the third living creature say: “Come!” And I saw, and look! a black horse, and the one seated on it had a pair of scales in his hand. 6 I heard what sounded like a voice in the midst of the four living creatures say: “A quart of wheat for a denarius and three quarts of barley for a denarius; and do not harm the olive oil and the wine.” 7 When he opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth living creature say: “Come!” 8 And I saw, and look! a pale horse, and the one seated on it had the name Death. And the Grave was closely following him. And authority was given them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with a long sword and with food shortage and with deadly plague and by the wild beasts of the earth.

Of course the book of Revelation is written in signs, or symbolic language, so even though we don't actually see these horsemen riding literally, can we not agree that they are indeed riding?

Can we see evidence of the white horse riding?

According to the Bible, he is the first rider - the one who went forth, first - to be followed after, by the riders of the red, pale and black horse.
So that alone is evidence that the rider of the white horse has been given a crown, and a bow, and he is riding toward his goal of conquest.

Christians believe that this rider represent Jesus as crowned king of God's kingdom, riding forth to complete his conquest as mentioned in Daniel 2:44, 45
This evidence shows that Christ has begun ruling, as promised, and agrees with the signs he told his followers to look for. Matthew 24

The rider of the red horse, is given a large sword, with which to take away peace from the earth. Seems evident to Christians, that this has occured since 1914, starting with the great war.
aea061e433232c617e3a718ae485615b.jpg

Since WWI - the great war, involving the whole world, there has been no peace. The world is again on the brink of another major war.
What can we expect from that?
Already there is talk of rising prices on primary necessities.
Which means move food shortages, and diseases and death.

Right, the 1920's and 30's were tough for many folks. The depression in Germany was worse than anywhere else.

But you know there was another world war afterwards.

The riders of the pale horse, and the black horse fittingly describe these world events.

The pandemic, which we are still facing, was/is like a plague of death, from pestilence.
Try the bubonic plague in the Middle Ages that killed 1/3 of Europe.

This to me is like clear evidence, of fulfillment of one of the end-time prophecies.
Who does not agree, and why not?
Um, all history is the ends times. Why do believers always try to make current events all about them and the Bible?

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
I do wonder what does make sense to you.

Certainly not things that are as vague and unevidenced as what you said there.

Man's long history now shows man has dominated man to man's hurt, man's injury.
Think about what is causing the pale horseman to gallop today.
Pollution is beyond repair, rain forests destroyed, eco system is not recovering, problem with ground water, oil spills...
Who is at fault is answered at Deuteronomy 32:5 - corrupted men - Exodus 32:7
The 'outer problems' are showing us man's 'inner crisis' ( aka spiritual problem )
The only solution is ' repent ' if one does Not want to ' perish ' (be destroyed - 2 Peter 3:9 )

Vague descriptions and interpretations of interpretations, aren't going to convince me.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
Today, modern technology is now man's two-edged sword -> Atomic Energy / Atomic Bomb.

That has always been the case, for any technological advancement. All the way to

ALL this now adds up to these 'last days of badness on Earth' as described at 2 Timothy 3:1-5,13.
Which is in sharp contrast to the Christ-like love defined at 1 Corinthians 13:4-6.
Today there is no further delay in Bible communication.
Not seeing ghosts, but seeing fulfillment of what is written in the Bible for our day, our time frame.
What Jesus did on a small scale Jesus will be doing on a GRAND global scale.
As far as pandemics: Jesus will bring ' healing ' to earth's nations - Revelation 22:2
No one will say, " I am sick....." - Isaiah 33:24
Earth and its people will be 'healthy' as described in Isaiah 35th chapter.
Even ' enemy death ' will be No more on Earth - 1 Corinthians 15:24-26; Isaiah 25:8
This good news is why we are all invited to pray to God for Jesus to come ! - Rev. 22:20

Again, nothing has changed as opposed to millenia ago.
The only difference is that the human tribes have gotten bigger.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
I can see that you are not. Try me. Challenge the facts with anything besides, "I can't challenge that, so I have nothing to say", except... what you have said up until now... which is basically.... nothing.

Throughout human history, at almost any time, war was raging somewhere.
To say the world was at peace pre-1914 is simply delusional.

nPeace

Veteran Member
Right, the 1920's and 30's were tough for many folks. The depression in Germany was worse than anywhere else.
Depression???
What does depression have to do with this? You lost me on that.

But you know there was another world war afterwards.
Yup. ...and? :shrug:
You guys seem to be at a lost for words. Where is all the mouth?

Try the bubonic plague in the Middle Ages that killed 1/3 of Europe.
What about it?
Ah. I think you are thinking like @viole and @TagliatelliMonster that the prophecies are about new events. Wrong.

I'll use what I asked @viole
Think of the school bus you caught, as a youth... if you travelled by bus.
The bus is no different to other buses of its kind, except there is a difference, which allows you to identify it as the school bus.

Think of the sign of the last days like that.
It is a composite sign. All parts of the sign, make the whole.

So while there were wars before, pestilences, earthquakes, etc..., when the rider of the white horse begins his ride, it will be followed by the other features, on a scale, like never before, and all occuring at the same time... on a scale like never before.

(Matthew 24:7) For nation will rise against nation and kingdom against kingdom, and there will be food shortages and earthquakes in one place after another. . .

(Luke 21:11) There will be great earthquakes, and in one place after another food shortages and pestilences; and there will be fearful sights and from heaven great signs.

(Matthew 24:12) and because of the increasing of lawlessness, the love of the greater number will grow cold.

(Matthew 24:14) And this good news of the Kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come.

These are signs we see today, are they not? If not, why not?
How could Jesus have known there would be great earthquakes, food shortages, amd pestilences in one place after another,?
That's pretty accurate to predict 2000 years in advance, don't you think?
Don't we see that the love of many has really grown cold? What do you see?

Would you not agree that 2 Timothy 3:1-5 accurately describes the attitudes we see today, on a grand scale?
How is it that someone could know that 2000 years later, the world would be this way, and advance from bad to worst?

That's different to how many, including you guys think, who are optimistic about our future, and things becoming better.
I have had some of you tell me that things are getting better, and people tell me they will get better.... but what are we seeing? The opposite.

Um, all history is the ends times. Why do believers always try to make current events all about them and the Bible?
Um. that's not true. where did you get that from. Certainly not me.

We did not make the events happen as they were foretold. The facts are before us. Why do you not accept them?

Last edited:

nPeace

Veteran Member
Throughout human history, at almost any time, war was raging somewhere.
To say the world was at peace pre-1914 is simply delusional.
I think you know the world does not mean the US. I think you also know they meant relative peace, quite different to what we see today. Historians said it.
You think they are mad? Why would you think that, when you did not live prior to 1914?
How could you know anything about the peace they experienced?

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
I think you know the world does not mean the US.

???

Most of human history took place when the US didn't even exist.
I have no clue why you say this.

I think you also know they meant relative peace, quite different to what we see today. Historians said it.

What exactly do you think the quotes behind that link prove?

You think they are mad?

I'm not even sure what you claim is the argument here.
I can only repeat what I said: at most times during human history, war was raging somewhere.
There are places where multiple subsequent generations knew nothing but war.

Why would you think that, when you did not live prior to 1914?

I wasn't alive in 1914 either. Why would I think what?
That war is something humans do and have always done?
Every single empire in history came about through war and held on to power through war.

How could you know anything about the peace they experienced?

You can read about it in historical records.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
When your mom sent you to school, and she told you to catch the school bus, did you think it was the only bus passing your home?
So, what makes you think this time it will be different? I ask because the fulfillment of that prophecy must have been called a number of times since the last 2000 years, and yet nothing supernatural happened.

did your John make it obvious what bus is the right one?

ciao

- viole

nPeace

Veteran Member
So, what makes you think this time it will be different? I ask because the fulfillment of that prophecy must have been called a number of times since the last 2000 years, and yet nothing supernatural happened.

did your John make it obvious what bus is the right one?

ciao

- viole
What do you mean by, "this time it will be different"? Not sure what you are referring to.

The fulfillment of what prophecy?
I am not sure what you are talking about. There is only one "last days", or end times prophecy, where the composite sign is seen. That began in 1914, when the rider of the white horse was crowned, and rode forth. That's when Jesus began ruling as king.

Following that, the red horse rode forth, with its rider bearing a large sword, which was to take peace away from the earth. That ride would have started with the great war, and the rider continues his ride.

The first two riders are followed by those representing pestilences, food shortages and death.

These riders do not stop riding. Their ride continues until the end.
So I am not following you.

Last edited:

nPeace

Veteran Member
???

Most of human history took place when the US didn't even exist.
I have no clue why you say this.

What exactly do you think the quotes behind that link prove?

I'm not even sure what you claim is the argument here.
I can only repeat what I said: at most times during human history, war was raging somewhere.
There are places where multiple subsequent generations knew nothing but war.

I wasn't alive in 1914 either. Why would I think what?
That war is something humans do and have always done?
Every single empire in history came about through war and held on to power through war.

You can read about it in historical records.
The links prove that 1914 was a turning point in history - a significant marker which can be clearly identified.
The marker gives evidence that the prophecy given by Jesus, concerning the last days, began.

It supports the information in the OP, that the white horse went out with its rider, and was followed by the red, pale, and black horse, with their riders.

Thus the Gospels, and the other letters in the Greek scripture - including the book of Revelations, accurately foretold what we are seeing the fulfillment of.