• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Forum Clock

artie

Hello.

I noticed that the forum clock setting is GMT -6. and the time now is about 03:45 PM. Is the administrator located in Central Standard Time? What about other people here? I am in Eastern Standard, I think.

Last edited:

artie

And when I log in, the clock changes by one hour. That was because the setting in the User Control Panel was for "automatically detect DST". I changed that setting so my clock reads the same when I am logged in or out.

artie

If we have the same clock settings, then the timestamp of the post above this one will read 3:56 PM. :)

te_lanus

Alien Hybrid
Hi artie

quick fix for you;)

Go to User CP, Then Options and almost at the end under Date and time there is a drop down list of timezones, You can change it from there

artie

Hi lanus! i'm up on it. I already fix it in the second post! And I even have a sig and avatar by my fourth post!!! I'm spittin' the breeze over here! WOOOOT

te_lanus

Alien Hybrid
So te-lanus, what time zone is your clock? Are we on the same page timewise?

Unfortunally no, I'm in South Africa. I always set my timezone to GMT +2.

I can say to you a good morning as it is 00:21 :biglaugh: :jester5:

GiantHouseKey

Greetings

I'm in the UK which means i'm at BST, which is GMT+1 which means 11.50 (Depending on how accurate my clock it :p) because i'm in the UK but it's like a Daylight Saving sorta thing.

Welcome to RF!

GhK.

artie

Now my clock reads the same whether I am logged in or out. If you have the same clock setting with me, then the timestamp of the above post will read 11:31 AM and the timestamp on this post will read 2:03 PM

artie

I think that people who live in Eastern Standard Time are superior to everyone else. :D Of course, those in Atlantic Standard and Central Standard are not so bad.

artie

Well, whereismynotecard. We are only an hour apart from eachother, which means that if we choose, our message frequency can be very high compared to those who do not live in the neighborhood. For me, in my time zone, trying to communicate with someone in Australia would be like using a telegram service. I can send a message to someone in Australia now and their machine will receive it in less than 5 seconds. But they won't check their email until morning, so what good is it?

Another question - do you use the Internet intermittently throughout the day, like I do? Because I will be online morning, afternoon and night and I am looking for people to share a conscious day with, rather than those who are unconscious at the time that I am conscious. :)

artie

I intend to demonstrate and give verifiable proofs that Eastern Standard Time ranks as one of the greatest times ever to live in, especially in the 21st Century. We who reside in EST live in an unparalleled time. Our rich history and all we have accomplished and all that we look forward to depends upon our time. Who among us would forfeit our citizenship in EST for a paltry portion with Atlantic Time? Who lives in Atlantic Time? Brazilians! Who lives in Central? Flatlanders. It's Eastern for me. I raised my crops here. The soil runs through my blood. :D

artie

Hunker in and batten down the hatches. I got my hand to the plow and my clock set on Eastern. And thars no turnin' bak fer me. :D

whereismynotecard

Treasure Hunter
Uh... I just get online whenever I feel like it. Sometimes I sleep from about 6:00am until 1:00pm, and get online at night, but sometimes I'm online during the day, like right now, and sometimes I don't get online for a day or two... Just when I'm bored pretty much. But my semester starts next week, so I might be online between classes and probably won't stay up as late... How about you just talk to whomever is here at the time? There is almost always at least someone online, and almost everyone here is really nice to talk to. :D