• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

THE First Democratic Primary Debate Thread

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
I thought during the whole debate that O'Rourke looked like a little boy trying to talk at the grown-ups' table. He looked like he didn't have the foggiest idea what he was doing on the stage, and rarely did he ever move beyond platitudes and get into any concrete ideas. He was nowhere close to being a picture of confidence. Castro piledrived him into the ground and he was smarting from that for the rest of the night.

Castro definitely came away looking like a pretty strong candidate who knew what he was about. De Blasio looked oafish the way he kept trying to cut in. I thought Gabbard aquitted herself well and had a very clean performance, and Tim Ryan was a mixed bag for my political stances.
Ryan and Delaney were wastes of space IMO. Gabbard embarrassed Ryan on foreign policy.

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
That's a wrap! Night two of the first Dem debate is over. The winner was Kamala Harris. The number one memorable moment was her calling out Biden on race/busing. Gillibrand held her own, definitely had her policy specifics down. Swalwell tried to pull a de Blasio by interrupting but mostly will just be remembered for calling Biden and Bernie old, which came off as a pretty cheap shot. Hickenlooper, Bennet, Yang, and Williamson should all just drop out now and save us space on our ballots.