• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

the fear of two faces.god vs SUN

does pah owe me a million dollars

• yes

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • no

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • unsure

Votes: 3 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

capthowdy

Astarot
ker krypter said:
the christian god is the all powerful man/god. to say the sun is a substandard excuse for god i think is sad.

"God" is a very broad term, I never once assumed you meant a christian "God"

ker krypter

capthowdy said:
"God" is a very broad term, I never once assumed you meant a christian "God"
man has never known anything more powerful than the sun
dream on . this isnt your stop. you have a real god to find

Malus 12:9

Temporarily Deactive.
May I ask, Ker, if the Sun is God, how does one worship it? We can't pray to it; it won't hear us. We cannot spread it's word, it cannot speak. Just curious.

capthowdy

Astarot
ker krypter said:
man has never known anything more powerful than the sun
dream on . this isnt your stop. you have a real god to find

So this is a matter of opinion?...."in the matters of opinion debate is pointless"

however in your quest for a million dollars, your opinion will not be good enough. You have to come up with something better than what you already have, quite frankly what you've said so far is based on astronomy not religion, therefore your argument for the prize is ultimately flawed.

capthowdy

Astarot
Renaldo said:
May I ask, Ker, if the Sun is God, how does one worship it? We can't pray to it; it won't hear us. We cannot spread it's word, it cannot speak. Just curious.

that is an excellent point...the sun does defy all notions of what a god is.

ker krypter

Renaldo said:
excellent question. i believe that that in its essence is the difference between your faith and my spirituality. i found mine inside me ,and you search for yours.

Temporarily Deactive.
ker krypter said:
excellent question. i believe that that in its essence is the difference between your faith and my spirituality. i found mine inside me ,and you search for yours.
I'm happy you have found your spirituality inside you. Now, if you had an answer to my question, I'd be even happier;)

ker krypter

Renaldo said:
I'm happy you have found your spirituality inside you. Now, if you had an answer to my question, I'd be even happier;)
you pray to god that you believe in but i dont because the sun is the creator and man invented god
i have a god that you know wont listen but you can see.
all of nature is one happy thought direct positive energy.
i have no need for god so i cant tell you to do something i have no use in doing

Temporarily Deactive.
Uh..okay. I'll leave you to your theories :). May your Sun shine upon you, and help you in your quest for 1 million. I am happy your sun God emcourages such a quest; may it fulfill.

Peace.

ker krypter

Renaldo said:
Uh..okay. I'll leave you to your theories :). May your Sun shine upon you, and help you in your quest for 1 million. I am happy your sun God emcourages such a quest; may it fulfill.

Peace.
thanks, im sorry i couldnt be more help

Pah

Uber all member
Mister Emu said:
Negative,

God created the sun
God created Earth
God created mankind.
Whew!!! as I put my checkbook back in my pocket. :p

But where or when did I make this offer?

And another small question - did you happen to vote "yes" in the poll? That wouldn't count unless I vote and I haven't :tsk: :D

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
It's a huge question whether Sun worship is the original religion. For one thing, perhaps there is no single original religion, but many original religions. Again, perhaps some form of animism is the original religion. Certainly, the cave paintings of Europe, which are among the oldest known religious activity, depict animals rather than the sun.

ker krypter

Sunstone said:
It's a huge question whether Sun worship is the original religion. For one thing, perhaps there is no single original religion, but many original religions. Again, perhaps some form of animism is the original religion. Certainly, the cave paintings of Europe, which are among the oldest known religious activity, depict animals rather than the sun.
not for me. if they worshipped bananas, fine. as long as the banana is not telling them what to do.
i'll take a man who worships a banana over a monkey who worships god anyday

Draka

Wonder Woman
ker krypter said:
not for me. if they worshipped bananas, fine. as long as the banana is not telling them what to do.
i'll take a man who worships a banana over a monkey who worships god anyday
First off...that was rude and insulting to a vast majority of those at this forum that believe in a god that does not fit your description.

Second...The sun itself was more worshipped as a SYMBOL of a god's power...not the god itself. The life giving force, warmth, and the trek it makes across the sky through the day and the year coincides with the celebrations and the necesities of the day to day living and gratitude the people lived with.

Third...the sun as you seem to know it did NOT create the solar system...it is theorized to have begun with interstellar clouds thick with dust and gases that concentrated by gravitational pull that not only created the star but the balls of collected dust particles and gases that made up the planets.

Fourth...the sun, a medium mass star, would eventually become a red giant and therefore would become a white dwarf. The higher mass stars become super red giants and will either become a black hole or a neutron star...just a little astrological science for you there. Anyway...Earth would be long gone before that would happen anyway. The gravitational pull of the sun slowly pulls the planets in closer and closer and eventually we will be too close to support life as we know it and then it would just be a matter of time until Earth was pulled into the sun's proximity enough to destroy it.

I think I should stop now :p

ker krypter

Draka said:
First off...that was rude and insulting to a vast majority of those at this forum that believe in a god that does not fit your description.

...i think you fit my description

Second...The sun itself was more worshipped as a SYMBOL of a god's power...not the god itself. The life giving force, warmth, and the trek it makes across the sky through the day and the year coincides with the celebrations and the necesities of the day to day living and gratitude the people lived with.

you laugh at the banana worshippers but not yourself. no,no, not yourself
not even the pope would follow a monkey so why would i? the man does have bananas.
as long as the banana is not telling him to tell everyone what to do. fine

Third...the sun as you seem to know it did NOT create the solar system...it is theorized to have begun with interstellar clouds thick with dust and gases that concentrated by gravitational pull that not only created the star but the balls of collected dust particles and gases that made up the planets.

i wonder(but not really) where did the clouds,dust and gases come from ... any theory on that one. other then remnant sun.
you have NOT a clue the things i seem to NOT know.
and then you back it all up with incompleted theory

Fourth...the sun, a medium mass star, would eventually become a red giant and therefore would become a white dwarf. The higher mass stars become super red giants and will either become a black hole or a neutron star...just a little astrological science for you there. Anyway...Earth would be long gone before that would happen anyway. The gravitational pull of the sun slowly pulls the planets in closer and closer and eventually we will be too close to support life as we know it and then it would just be a matter of time until Earth was pulled into the sun's proximity enough to destroy it.

I think I should stop now :p
no please continue

Temporarily Deactive.
ker krypter said:
you laugh at the banana worshippers but not yourself. no,no, not yourself
not even the pope would follow a monkey so why would i? the man does have bananas.
as long as the banana is not telling him to tell everyone what to do. fine
Dude, I made some sense out of it, but I think your example isn't quite uh..descriptive.

Just to help the random people as myself, please answer these:

1)The Pope has "Bananas". I know you didn't mean bananas literally, but who or what were you referring to when you said, "you laugh at the banana worshippers."?

You are saying that the banana worshippers worship what the pope has?

2)
ker krypter said:
as long as the banana is not telling them what to do.
Ohhhhhhhh, so you mean bananas as servants of the Pope, and are telling the people that worships what the Pope has, what to do?

Your name is Krypter alright, Cryptic...

stonestew

Renaldo said:
Dude, I made some sense out of it, but I think your example isn't quite uh..descriptive.

Just to help the random people as myself, please answer these:

1)The Pope has "Bananas". I know you didn't mean bananas literally, but who or what were you referring to when you said, "you laugh at the banana worshippers."?

You are saying that the banana worshippers worship what the pope has?

2) Ohhhhhhhh, so you mean bananas as servants of the Pope, and are telling the people that worships what the Pope has, what to do?

Your name is Krypter alright, Cryptic...
I think he is actually talking bananas and that he is the banana worshipper.
Ker Krypter does not strike me as a follower of the pope.
Is he banned? Can he even reply to this post of ours. I would love to know or we might need to debate the debate.