• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Fat Lady is Singing - Obama's Real Legacy is Debt

Mindmaster

Premium Member
tpSgM1.png

Basically, this chart shows the national debt as a percentage of the GDP. At this point, it is so high that the debt is worth more than the entirety all of the incomes in the USA combined thanks to Obama. Sure, you could go, "ohh that's because Obama bailed out X", well yea, but he could have also decided not to do it at all and let the failed businesses fail as punishment for their misdeeds. Instead, we have to pay for other peoples mistakes in perpetuity.

Sadly, I feel that Trump will actually increase this number because he will have to in order to increase the taxable base. The only way out of massive debt like this is massive prosperity, and such things are investments that cost money. Thoughts?

tytlyf

Not Religious
Well, how much of that is Bush? A good deal I bet. Bush bailed out wallstreet. You've got a couple wars in there which Obama has tried to end....but republicans cry because troops aren't there ringing up the debt more.

Never trust RW media. They will intentionally leave context and information out to suit their agenda.

Mindmaster

Premium Member
Well, how much of that is Bush? A good deal I bet. Bush bailed out wallstreet. You've got a couple wars in there which Obama has tried to end....but republicans cry because troops aren't there ringing up the debt more.

Never trust RW media. They will intentionally leave context and information out to suit their agenda.

Which party bailed out is irrelevant to me, we should never do that. :D These people failed at business and giving them more money is just stupid.

Obama wasn't trying to end them so much as getting into more. Overthrowing governments, running weapons to drug cartels, etc. Sure, other Presidents have done these things, but they're still wrong.

In the end, Obama cannot blame others for his failings. He had the helm, he could have made changes, and he didn't.

tytlyf

Not Religious
Which party bailed out is irrelevant to me, we should never do that. :D These people failed at business and giving them more money is just stupid.

Obama wasn't trying to end them so much as getting into more. Overthrowing governments, running weapons to drug cartels, etc. Sure, other Presidents have done these things, but they're still wrong.

In the end, Obama cannot blame others for his failings. He had the helm, he could have made changes, and he didn't.
It's more complicated than that. Congress writes the budget, inflation, etc. $1 Trillion dollars back in the 1800s is worth a lot more than $1 trillion today.

lostwanderingsoul

The only thing that keeps the U S economy going is debt. If other countries stop buying bonds and other forms of debt, the economy will sink like a rock.

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
Obama's legacy will be one of extreme debt, economic sluggishness and failure, and absolute foreign policy chaos and disgrace. Borak Obama was/is a half assed scholar and community organizer, and never should have been president of the United States. Epic fail!

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Bull****! That's not "RW media," it's a fact! A cold, hard, realistic, factually based, objective fact! Even according to Wiki, it's 13 trillion.
Sadly, I feel that Trump will actually increase this number because he will have to in order to increase the taxable base. The only way out of massive debt like this is massive prosperity, and such things are investments that cost money. Thoughts?
Sadly, you're saying it's ok for Trump to do what you just condemned Obama for doing.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Obama's legacy will be one of extreme debt, economic sluggishness and failure, and absolute foreign policy chaos and disgrace. Borak Obama was/is a half assed scholar and community organizer, and never should have been president of the United States. Epic fail!
Foreign policy is a mixed bag.
He started no new wars.

Curious George

Veteran Member

Sounds like Obama made an investment towards "massive prosperity."

habiru

Birds%20of%20a%20feather%203-19-07.gif

th

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Many well known republicans supported Clinton. I don't see what you're getting at? Clinton was the responsible choice, most people saw that.
Most people saw Sanders as the responsible choice, but Clinton and the DNC didn't want to be responsible and instead of going with a sure thing they went with one of the most marginalized and controversial candidates they could have possibly chosen. She was very high risk, the DNC knew it, but ran her through anyways. They listened to the whispers from the core of the party rather than roars of the nation, and now we have Trump. Combined, I think Clinton and Trump just barely maybe had 10% of the total population supporting them. The DNC just needs to admit they ****ed up big time by running Hillary.

habiru

Many well known republicans supported Clinton. I don't see what you're getting at? Clinton was the responsible choice, most people saw that.
President D.J. Trump is not apart of their flock. The past Presidents were always one flock. They were stage actors, that pretended to be battling out with one another as if there are two parties, but truly they were just trying to build up the public trust in them, like good cop and bad cop tactic. One plays the evil villain, why the other plays the hero. But both are cops.

giphy.gif

esmith

Veteran Member
It is not well known but it is highly speculated that the CIA preferred Hillary over President-elect Trump.
Anyone hazard to guess why?

idav

Being
Premium Member
It is not well known but it is highly speculated that the CIA preferred Hillary over President-elect Trump.
Anyone hazard to guess why?
Cause they have intelligence? Lol had to throw out that pun!