• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The far left has pushed me (far, far) away...

Laika

Premium Member
I agree; one problem as I see it is that the few "moderate and conciliatory" adults on the left allow themselves to be outshouted and cowed by the more vocal infantile leftists.

The left isn't homogenous. Its vast in terms of its diversity. Its worth doing if you can. :)

buddhist

The left isn't homogenous. Its vast in terms of its diversity. Its worth doing if you can. :)
I'm not saying that it's homogenous ... my statement was a summary of my totality of life experiences with and observation of leftists.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Persuasion? Nothing's wrong with rational, friendly discourse in an attempt to learn from one another and grow in compassion in such a way, but I see the far-left demanding the heavy hand of law and punishment against those who dare to hurt their feelings by their exercise of free speech.

Besides, instead of trying to force others into your image (transforming others aka "transforming society"), what ever happened to the ideal of individuals who sought self-growth and enlightenment by transforming one's own self, becoming more resilient to the endless external forces which might displease them? That's a mature adult - unlike the emotionally fragile child who is driven in every direction by its endless delusions, desires, and aversions, and resorts to external violence on others when it doesn't get its way.
Left to their own devices, people won't always find the path to singing
Kumbaya in their commune's drum circle. Knowing that their path is
the singular true one, many lefties will use coercion to transform us.
Resistance is futile!

buddhist

I'd do the same tbh. Deserves to be fired ... free speech needs to be available to keep tyrannical government and political groups out.
Don't you see the irony in this? "Deserves to be fired" is one example of "tyrannical political groups" attempting to use the tool of tyrannical government to commit violence upon this Professor for exercising free speech.

"External violence" to those who systematically kill many. Any violence we advocate is merely an extension of self defense that liberals won't acknowledge because it would be the end of their system. Don't try to spin this against us, makes your post read rather foolish.
How is the Professor killing others by speaking out against the absurdity of "preferred pronouns"? On the other hand, are not the leftists in this case here attempting to deprive him of a measure of life by pushing for the termination of his job?

Reactions: MD

buddhist

Firing someone for being an ******* isnt a violation of free speech or "violence".

I didn't say anything about the professor here. I was clarifying what I said earlier.

If the university fires him would you consider them to be inciting "violence"?
Yes, I would consider it as inciting violence, to deprive him of life and liberty.

If the leftists in this example simply engaged him in rational discourse, without attempting to literally terminate his free speech rights by drowning his voice out or muting his microphone, or to demand his termination, then I wouldn't have a problem with it. I would be against the Professor too if he acted similarly.

Last edited:
We see it right here on RF.

There's a flood of anti right retric that compares to the trickle from those opposing leftist policies.

If there was graph made, I bet it would be staggering to see the comparison on a side by side basis.
There is, dude. Somewhere fairly recently there's one of those political graph chart things, and someone took the time to superimpose everyone's results on the same chart.

There are 3 or 4 names to the right, while the lib left has like 50 mashed together.

Make no mistake, RF is a lefty love fest.

MD

qualiaphile
The Left seeks to weaken the West, I realized this over a decade ago. When I witnessed leftists defending brutal Islamist governments, I realized that not only are they delusional but they seek to empower those that wish to destroy the West.

Last edited:

Shad

Veteran Member
Ever since I moved to the Portland metro area, I've been slowly moving to the right politically. It is largely the result of resisting the ultra-left's attempts to claim dominion over every aspect of social policy and beyond. It's become clear that the far left is engaged in a political power grab, and they're not really interested in rational discourse. They're not even really interested in progress.

Take for instance what has been happening at the University of Toronto, where professor Jordan Peterson has been protesting legislation that would require people to refer to transgender individuals by the pronouns of their choice. He argued that it's an attack on freedom of speech, which it obviously is, whether you support it or not. During one of his speeches, they attempted to shout him down, as well as attempted to mute the speakers connected to his microphone, and create white noise so that nobody could hear him. By proclaiming that free speech is vital to a functioning democracy and civilization, he was literally accused by these people of perpetrating "hate speech." A very odd set of values. Conservative reporter Lauren Southern was even attacked by one of these people at the protest.

And this kind of behavior is now relatively common among the far-left. So common, there's now a buzzword for it. It's called a "shut down." Feminists have done it quite a bit. BLM is guilty of perhaps the most crazy instances of this; they actually shut down a police mural unveiling dedicated to apologizing to the gay community for the 1981 bathhouse raids. Are these people high or something? Talk about burning bridges...

Seriously, where is the desire to have a rational discourse? As far as I can tell, there isn't any. Their mode of attack has become pretty clear: dominate the conversation by claiming oppression and false equivalence. Legislate it. Acquire resources from the fallout.

Just providing a response by Peterson so people can look at his own arguments rather than a snippet. His arguments are far more about the power of the state than merely social justice in itself.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
It does for those of us who's names can be clearly read on the aforementioned chart anyway. For the rest it seems all the head nodding and back patting must get tiresome.
The only two folks I know in the red box are @Tumah and myself. It is lonely up here. @Sees veers centre-right, blue box.