• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The evolution of the eye

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
One does not need a degree in science to understand basic science. One can have a degree in science and not understand some aspects of science. Science has been wrong in the past and it is likely some of what they say today is wrong also.

When you can explain how a offspring can receive a characteristic not in the gene pool of it parents, I will reconsider evolution.

The only way something can be proved is for it to be repeated and observed.

Does not answer the problem with your stone walling lack of knowledge in science and insistence of 'proof' which is not how science works.

No, one cannot have a working knowledge of science from the layman's perspective especially when there is irrational religious agenda.

Your understanding of genetics and how RNA/DNA mutations function in the science of evolution is worse than dismal, and reflects a self imposed ignorance of science.

The DNA of the offspring of parents may contain mutations that are not in the parents genes, and this is an objectively observed fact. and the DNA contains many genes that are not active and may be activated by mutations in later generations.

By the way you have conveniently failed to respond to the following:

Since science does not prove anything. how can you prove any science mentioned in the Bible? Any examples of what you can prove?

How can you prove the Aristotelian (Ptolemaic system) astronomy described in Genesis?

Still waiting . . . !!!!!!!

Last edited:

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
It is all assumed knowledge, none of it can be proved. As is all of macro-evolution.

Unbelievably false, and requires a self imposed ignorance of the science of evolution based on a stone walling religious agenda based on ancient mythology.

There is also the vast amount of evidence for an ancient earth billions of years old, and no evidence for the myth of a world flood.

Many aspects of an ancient earth and no flood have been presented which you ignore. Please explain the vast salt and gypsum deposits in the strata and currently forming at the surface under arid conditions, and impossible to form in a flood environment as described in the Bible.

DavidFirth

Unbelievably false, and requires a self imposed ignorance of the science of evolution based on a stone walling religious agenda based on ancient mythology.

There is also the vast amount of evidence for an ancient earth billions of years old, and no evidence for the myth of a world flood.

Many aspects of an ancient earth and no flood have been presented which you ignore. Please explain the vast salt and gypsum deposits in the strata and currently forming at the surface under arid conditions, and impossible to form in a flood environment as described in the Bible.

You are indeed quite gullible to believe proof for macro-evolution exists. The same evidence can be used to show macro-evolution never happened.

Indeed I am correct. None of the theory of macro-evolution can be proved at all. It is assumed to happen by simply presenting the evidence to make it look like it did. The same can be and has been done to supposedly prove creation. Neither can be proved.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
You are indeed quite gullible to believe proof for macro-evolution exists. The same evidence can be used to show macro-evolution never happened.

Indeed I am correct. None of the theory of macro-evolution can be proved at all. It is assumed to happen by simply presenting the evidence to make it look like it did. The same can be and has been done to supposedly prove creation. Neither can be proved.

Your self-imposed ignorance concerning science, and the science of evolution is based on a religious agenda and unbelievably absurd.

First, you cannot get beyond the fact that science does not prove anything. Your stone walling gets you nowhere.

You failed to answer . . .

Still waiting . . .

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
It is all assumed knowledge, none of it can be proved. As is all of macro-evolution.

Creationist ignorance .... I really despair for our worlds future.

Note : macro evolution is simply repeated micro evolution. There is no argument, just rejection on grounds of faith.

DavidFirth

Creationist ignorance .... I really despair for our worlds future.

Note : macro evolution is simply repeated micro evolution. There is no argument, just rejection on grounds of faith.

Nope. You're wrong.

Macro-evolution is the theory that one kind evolved over millions of years into another kind.

Micro-evolution involves small changes among like kinds. Fish and Man are not like kinds.

Micro-evolution does not result in macro-evolution. No one can prove that it does. Because it doesn't.

Dogs are dogs and cats are cats. Period.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Nope. You're wrong.

Macro-evolution is the theory that one kind evolved over millions of years into another kind.

Micro-evolution involves small changes among like kinds. Fish and Man are not like kinds.

Micro-evolution does not result in macro-evolution. No one can prove that it does. Because it doesn't.

Oh! The despair of self-imposed ignorance based on a religious agenda.

DavidFirth

Oh! The despair of self-imposed ignorance based on a religious agenda.

Mr. Smart Guy: What will cats evolve into and what will dogs evolve into? A good theory should be able to accurately predict what will happen. I guess macro-evolution isn't a good theory.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Mr. Smart Guy: What will cats evolve into and what will dogs evolve into? A good theory should be able to accurately predict what will happen. I guess macro-evolution isn't a good theory.

The science of evolution is the history of evolution over more then 3 billion years, and not what the present species will evolve to in the future.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Aw, I wouldn't let it bother you. Creationism really only is a thing among US fundamentalist Christians, and even there it's in decline (especially among the young).

I am less certain than you as to the future in the USA. At present the Vice President and most of Trumps cabinet embrace one form or another fundamentalist Christianity, and do not accept the complete science of evolution and other aspects of science concerning the age of the earth and evidence of the flood. There is also a rise in fundamentalist Creationism in Islam, and many traditional Jews are uncomfortable with evolution including humanity.

Jose Fly

Fisker of men
I am less certain than you as to the future in the USA. At present the Vice President and most of Trumps cabinet embrace one form or another fundamentalist Christianity, and do not accept the complete science of evolution and other aspects of science concerning the age of the earth and evidence of the flood. There is also a rise in fundamentalist Creationism in Islam, and many traditional Jews are uncomfortable with evolution including humanity.
While those are true, overall in the big picture things are much better. Public recognition of evolution as valid science is trending upwards, and as I noted earlier, especially among the young. So while we can always point to individuals who are rather embarrassing, they are a shrinking minority.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
So while we can always point to individuals who are rather embarrassing, they are a shrinking minority.
On the other hand, their understanding of science continues to serve as a powerful demonstration that not everything is subject to evolution.

ChristineM

Premium Member
Nope. You're wrong.

I am not wrong. You may choose to cherry pick and disregard validated research and scientific evidence by using a term made up 3000 years ago when genetics and dna were not even thought of for all most 3000 years because you have faith in god magic. Not my problem that dna and several other disciplines prove you wrong.

Note, that is the same dna that you back 100% when it comes to convicting a fellon.

ChristineM

Premium Member
Aw, I wouldn't let it bother you. Creationism really only is a thing among US fundamentalist Christians, and even there it's in decline (especially among the young).

That's good too hear, I've been having my doubts after recent political events in America seem to have emboldened them.

Also, in the UK, following a disastrous election the PM is attempting to make a government by teaming up with a bunch of creationists...