• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The evolution of the eye

omega2xx

That's quite disputable, given that you swallow creationism.

This discussion is not about creationism. It is about real science, and theories with no evidence do not qualify.

I can prove any science mentioned in the Bible and you cant prove anything mentioned in the THEORY of evolution. You have jumped on the wrong train. It is going in the wrong direction.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Prove me wrong. Cut and paste the evidence they posted. It would take more than magic for an eye to evolve out of some unknown blob that they can't explain how it originted. Originally called a simple cell. Then DNA was discovered and they had to walk that guess back.

Gullible is as gullible does.

So you have no answer therefore put up a wall by repeating the question.

Read the post and stop asking others to think for you

That's not too hard to do. Honestly, it isn't

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Your inability to understand what scientific evidence consist of, is far worse than sad.

Odd I am a scientist, a geologist, soil scientist, and a hydrogeologist. I worked forty years as geologist and soil scientist. I have a number of publication in a soil science journal.

What are your qualifications that would reflect you understand scientific evidence? How do you define scientific evidence?

DavidFirth

OFF TOPIC! This thread addresses only the evolution of a simple form to the complex.

If you wish to discuss abiogenesis it is another thread topic, which I may propose later, or maybe one that exists.

Correction:

This thread addresses only the supposed evolution of a simple form to the complex.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
This discussion is not about creationism. It is about real science, and theories with no evidence do not qualify.

I can prove any science mentioned in the Bible and you cant prove anything mentioned in the THEORY of evolution. You have jumped on the wrong train. It is going in the wrong direction.

Since science does not prove anything. how can you prove any science mentioned in the Bible? Any examples of what you can prove?

How can you prove the Aristotelian (Ptolemaic system) astronomy described in Genesis?

omega2xx

Odd I am a scientist, a geologist, soil scientist, and a hydrogeologist. I worked forty years as geologist and soil scientist. I have a number of publication in a soil science journal.

What are your qualifications that would reflect you understand scientific evidence? How do you define scientific evidence?

One does not need a degree in science to understand basic science. One can have a degree in science and not understand some aspects of science. Science has been wrong in the past and it is likely some of what they say today is wrong also.

When you can explain how a offspring can receive a characteristic not in the gene pool of it parents, I will reconsider evolution.

The only way something can be proved is for it to be repeated and observed.