• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The end is near

javajo

And how exactly do you know that any of that is true?
I mean, it's not as if you can use the bible as a reference to show that the bible is true.
That would be circular reasoning and we certainly want none of that...

Also; beer volcanoes and stripper factories!
That HAS to beat sitting on a cloud playing a harp...
Hi, well its what I believe from what I have been presented with, so I'm just sharing that I believe it and I hope people will prepare to meet the Lord. I don't believe in the harps and clouds and I am not interested in the volcanoes and factories. I am currently in the book of Ezekiel in one of the techniques of my studies wherein I simply read and re-read the Bible from beginning to end and it says:

But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the trumpet, and the people be not warned; if the sword come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand. Ezekiel 33:6

jarofthoughts

Empirical Curmudgeon
Hi, well its what I believe from what I have been presented with, so I'm just sharing that I believe it and I hope people will prepare to meet the Lord. I don't believe in the harps and clouds and I am not interested in the volcanoes and factories. I am currently in the book of Ezekiel in one of the techniques of my studies wherein I simply read and re-read the Bible from beginning to end and it says:

But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the trumpet, and the people be not warned; if the sword come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand. Ezekiel 33:6

You do know that bible quotes mean little to nothing to me, right?
I'm more interested in why you would think that what it says is accurate...

javajo

You do know that bible quotes mean little to nothing to me, right?
I'm more interested in why you would think that what it says is accurate...
Sorry to hear that. I believe everything the Bible said would happen in the past happened, so I believe the things it says will happen in the future will happen, too.

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
IMO, a better mindset would be to stop waiting for something (or someone) to save us from ourselves and to start working with one another to undo the damage we've done.

i agree, but unfortunately mankind are not concerned with progress for all.

With all the peace summits, the G20 summits and global warming summits etc etc...there are still no solid solutions or action being taken.

jarofthoughts

Empirical Curmudgeon
Sorry to hear that. I believe everything the Bible said would happen in the past happened, so I believe the things it says will happen in the future will happen, too.

Sure, but you're just going around in circles here.
The question is not WHAT you believe, but WHY you believe these things.
So far you've just said I believe because I believe... :sarcastic

s2a

Heretic and part-time (skinny) Santa impersonator
Is the probability of the end occurring this year any more realistic than it would have been in August of 2011 or at the turn of the century?

546743_4101219042933_1113811791_n.jpg

Nope :)

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
Putting aside reaching 7 billion in population, the increasing value of everything, the technology advancing over its limits, etc. etc. The heat has gone way up, it hardly snowed in the winter, and we've been in a drought all summer long, the temperature being common at 100 degrees.

InfidelRiot

Putting aside reaching 7 billion in population, the increasing value of everything, the technology advancing over its limits, etc. etc. The heat has gone way up, it hardly snowed in the winter, and we've been in a drought all summer long, the temperature being common at 100 degrees.

At least some of see what is really going on.

Thief

Rogue Theologian

Same here for several decades.
As children, we expected a 'white' Christmas.
Dealing with the snow and the cold was an effort.
Now I hardly scrape the windshields.

Saw it on tv.....
when the glaciers covered New York, the average temp was only three degrees cooler.

It took thousands of years for the temp to rise enough for the ice to recede.

In the last fifty years it has risen three degrees.
We are the ones causing the increase.
We soil even the air we breathe.

Plato

I am actually writing a novel based on the very problem of not only the environment but.....

Okay, I am not fond of sharing this information, but I will.

The novel is religiously based. It takes place in a fictional town not far from where I grew up and it is a Christian community that has an academy where the majority of students are sent for the rehabilitation program. The main premise for the first novel, there are most likely going to be at least four, is that a serial killer terrorizes the town under the guise of being led by God. There are also supernatural events taking place in the town. It is later discovered that the Christian God does not exist and that the Goddess is reclaiming Earth. She displays her power by completely destroying an entire city on Earth and telling the people that they have one hundred years to change their ways or she will destroy them all.

Of course not in reality the 'end' is not even close and in my opinion never will be. I believe there is no 'end'. I remember the year 2000 craze...I had a friend who gathered 200 gallons of gasoline to 'survive' the 'end' because calendars didn't go up as high as 2001. I said new calendars can be printed going to 5,000,001 if we want! And clocks and computer time dials can easily be updated...few listened. Of course NOTHING happened and here we are 12 years later in 2012.
I believe there is no 'end' and no 'end times' it's simply not supported in scripture in either Judaism or Christianity, nor does it make sense. It only comes a little from the last and worst book included in the Bible, (that of Revelations). Which is 'last' not because it predicts the future but because it was the least popular of any book and almost not included when the book collection called the Bible, was compiled (393AD-397AD). It doesn't claim to be written by an apostle or a prophet, it was written 100 years 'after' Jesus. Seen then and by most scholars now, as a work written in code that sustained the Christians through the worst of Roman persecutions in the 100's/ 200'sAD it was included as 'allegory' predicting the Fall and defeat of Rome and the world wide spread of Christianity....which has already happened. It doesn't predict....our...future I and others think...but the future of the people it was written to 1900 years ago...which is our........'past'.
I think 'our' future is quite bright....The Cold war has ended and humans survived their own destruction by the misuse of their free will by nuclear weapons...the great military nation power blocks have gone and universal peace without major war reigns, Terrorism and and it's sister evil of crime is being gradually but steadily stamped out. Human population 'growth' is declining quickly except in Africa, which will no doubt come soon. Human science by learning and mapping the human and animal genomes through DNA by year 2001 has unlocked the very secrets of creation (though it has yet to be used to any good). In the enivronment (although still threatened) unprecendented millions of acres have been set aside around the world for preservation, and 'species banks' containing the seeds and cells of 1000's of species have been operating for years in safe locations.
To: Infidel Riot.....Fiction is good....good luck on the religious based fiction novel....A guy named 'Milton' wrote a fiction work called 'Paradise Lost' in mid 1600's England.....And now a lot of people think his imaginary story....of Angel Wars, being 'cast out' from Heaven, Satan, the Devil, the planet Venus (as the morning star) ruling Hell is 'actual religion', waiting for 'end times'.
Who know's your fiction novel may be considered a 'religion' 400 years from now.

javajo

I believe Jesus (I think he is a straight up guy) when he said:

14 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.
2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.
John 14

I believe the great historian, Luke when he reports:

9 And when he (Jesus) had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight.
10 And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel;

11 Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.

And the great apostle, Paul when he said:

51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep (die), but we shall all be changed,
52In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.

54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.
1 Cor. 15

13 But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep (dead), that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.

14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.

15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent (go before) them which are asleep.

16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words.
1 Thess.4

Repox

Truth Seeker
Based on the Bible and some hard facts about Israel, I think the end is near. It all has to do with God and his chosen people, who must defend themselves or be annihilated.

I think it'll happen when Israel attacks Iran to destroy their nuclear facilities. Iran and other Arab nations will retaliate and start a nuclear war.

Based on the Bible and some hard facts about Israel, I think the end is near. It all has to do with God and his chosen people, who must defend themselves or be annihilated.

I think it'll happen when Israel attacks Iran to destroy their nuclear facilities. Iran and other Arab nations will retaliate and start a nuclear war.

My understanding of the bible is that god will bring an end to the world and we won't see it coming.

I find it sad that so many people expect the world to end and just accept it. Assuming mankind survives long enough to build settlements off earth, what would that do to the bibles end of the world predictions?

Me Myself

Back to my username
lets hope it arrives before we completely destroy ourselves and our environments. have you ever wondered, if 'mother nature' really did exist as a goddess, why she isnt doing something about the environmental damage that is occuring?

Weird nature disasters have already made their killing toll have they not?

Mother nature is giving her warnings. If we cant see them she will survive anyways.

People always confuse things and say this silly thing of "we will destroy our planet" NO! We will destroy the means the planet gives us to live in it. Even if we managed to kill all inteligent life in the planet the planet will stand and new life will evolve.

We think if we are all going to die the planet is surely going to puff. If we don't straighten up we will be shaken out, thats all :rolleyes:

javajo

My understanding of the bible is that god will bring an end to the world and we won't see it coming.
I believe Jesus said it will come suddenly on the wicked, but the righteous wise are told we may not know the precise day or hour, but we may know the season is near by the signs he gave.

I find it sad that so many people expect the world to end and just accept it. Assuming mankind survives long enough to build settlements off earth, what would that do to the bibles end of the world predictions?
We see the time is getting near, but the end of the world is not the end, but the beginning. The Bible says that at the end of the Tribulation, Jesus returns and destroys the wicked and then sets up his One Thousand Year Kingdom on earth. Those who survive the Tribulation will repopulate the earth as many died during the tribulation. At the end of the thousand years, Satan is let loose to deceive and there is one last rebellion that is defeated. Then there is the Great White Throne Judgment of unbelievers and then new heavens and earth and the City of the New Jerusalem comes down and God lives with us here on earth forever and there is no death or sin or anything bad like that.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
lets hope it arrives before we completely destroy ourselves and our environments. have you ever wondered, if 'mother nature' really did exist as a goddess, why she isnt doing something about the environmental damage that is occuring?

Yes, I have wondered that same thing.