• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Dumbest Remark You've Ever Heard About Your Religious Belief

Shiranui117

Pronounced Shee-ra-noo-ee
Premium Member
Oh jeez, it's hard to pick between these...
"You're not Christians and you never have been Christians, you're unconverted pagans and you need to hear the Gospel!"
"Constantine created the Church and hired some evil men calling themselves 'bishops' to invent the pagan idea of the Trinity and change the meaning of the Bible."
"You guys worship Mary and the Saints!"
"Having icons is idol worship, you know."
"You guys follow the religion created by Paul, not the one founded by Jesus."
"Your religion is only for ethnic tribes like Greeks and Russians."
"You people worship the sun and other pagan gods."
"Your religion is a rip-off of Mithraism/Dionysius' cult/Horus' cult/Gnosticism."
"Jesus never even existed. He was a literary creation made up by some people."

Shiranui117

Pronounced Shee-ra-noo-ee
Premium Member
What's funny is how it seems most of the "dumbest remarks" likely came from fundamentalist Christians.
Surprise surprise, they're also among the least educated about other religions, right next to fundamentalist Muslims... And atheists of the Edgelord Gotcha-ist sect...

David T

Premium Member
And why it's
hit-himself-with-a-bat-smiley-emoticon.gif
(After all, the guy who said it probably didn't think it was dumb at all.)

"Everyone believes something."

Which instantly confirms i am talking to total confusion and i start reciting documentaries such as harry potter, star trek, star wars, moden cosmology, mathmatical-linguistic realism, string theory multiverse simulated reality theory bigfoot lockness monster, intelligent design, crearionism......and football and politics.

I Try and stick to lingo people can understand, makes me seem normal to them.

Last edited:

ecco

Veteran Member
I'm closed-minded.
I have to open myself to god.
I do believe, I just don't realize it yet.
I have been indoctrinated (by PBS amongst others).
I have allowed Satan to take my soul.

SoiEiMeSil

...wat

I demand context.
well they said if I ever came to be who they thought i was then i would be able to help them kill my Lord and Father...its been said that Gabriel is a fallen angel but fallen means out of touch but not necessarily evil so I said well prove it and he told me, OD was his name, that I was good but I needed to be with him if I wanted to be myself again and i said well forget it as he told me the organization he works for is trying to make Gabriel, me, their God so I can be one with them and go to heaven when I'm done on earth, and kill God Himself which made me wonder why is he even saying this out loud but i have no idea what he meant because he said his son was a member of the Holy Cross but i can't see why as the Holy Cross is beneficial to humanity as Michael is in charge so i tell him no all the time and he makes me out to be a nut by saying if i don't know what's going on then I'm as good as him and i'm going to be somewhat of a redeeming figure for him.....that's what he said and by the way I know who he is but Od isn't his real name but his nick name so it means to him "one demon" so go by that....

Firemorphic

Activist Membrane
Oh! Please! This is too juicy to miss. Maybe you are expected to blow up a bunch of people at an open air market? That one is so old it doesn't need to be rehashed.

Yep, it's hilarious in it's own way (well the notion that terrorism has any relation to the worship of God and veneration of the prophet pbuh, or that Wahhabi's represent 99% of the Muslim population around the world).
But yes, I laugh at my fellow Muslim brothers/sisters, myself and those who mock us. We all need to be set straight sometimes.

Firemorphic

Activist Membrane
"If God is real, why can't I see him?"

Well, very intelligent, well thought out philosophical question. Bravo! :tearsofjoy: